• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC Coup de Grace Builds

What’s the lead time?
I ordered mine sept 21st a few weeks before they publicly announced the switch to CDG actions. I'm assuming my lead time was shorter due to that.

I got my long action put together and shot it for the first time today.

20231110_151025.jpg

Build list:
RH LA .588" bolt head 20 MOA
Bartlein 28" heavy palma chambered in 300 NM by SPR
MPA ESR chassis
Triggertech Diamond 2-stage
Area 419 Hellfire Match brake
Bushnell XRS3 in ARC m-brace rings (swapping over to an m-brace mount with 30 MOA cant)

It shot pretty well with Peterson factory ammo with Berger 215s. I'm excited to see what I can squeeze out of it with reloads as the barrel wears in. The hope is to shoot past a mile with it.

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-11-10 15_47_33.600169.jpg

I got my long action put together and shot it for the first time today.

View attachment 8269476

Build list:
RH LA .588" bolt head 20 MOA
Bartlein 28" heavy palma chambered in 300 NM by SPR
MPA ESR chassis
Triggertech Diamond 2-stage
Area 419 Hellfire Match brake
Bushnell XRS3 in ARC m-brace rings (swapping over to an m-brace mount with 30 MOA cant)

It shot pretty well with Peterson factory ammo with Berger 215s. I'm excited to see what I can squeeze out of it with reloads as the barrel wears in. The hope is to shoot past a mile with it.

View attachment 8269477
Bro, give me all the details. How does it feed? Is it smooth in comparison to like a Defiance or Impact? Did you go conical breech on barrel or flat?

I was planning on getting MPA to build a 300 NM on an Impact before they went to the CDG. There isn’t a lot of info out there on the CDG and the big lapua sized rounds, so any feedback you can give would be much appreciated.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Bro, give me all the details. How does it feed? Is it smooth in comparison to like a Defiance or Impact? Did you go conical breech on barrel or flat?

I was planning on getting MPA to build a 300 NM on an Impact before they went to the CDG. There isn’t a lot of info out there on the CDG and the big lapua sized rounds, so any feedback you can give would be much appreciated.
These CDGs are my only custom actions, I can only compare them to Tikka T3s. The 300 NM feeds a little less smooth than my SA in 6 Creedmoor from AW magazines. That isn't a fair comparison though. I certainly didn't have any hang-ups or major binding. I do think the LA bolt stroke is slightly smoother than my SA. I figure this is because the bolt is longer so it binds less.

The adjustable trigger hanger is as smooth as ever. Its so easy to setup and makes the bolt open/close seamless. My LA has the newer design of hanger with the separate pins. This was a little easier to put together than the original design, but it does leave the trigger a little wobbly when it isn't cocked. When the firing pin spring weight is against it that wobble goes away. The TT diamond fit right into the trigger hanger, where the older design on my SA required dremeling to fit the Geissele trigger.

I don't think the barrel had a conical breech; I'm pretty sure the case head diameter is so large the ARC spec for the cone is small than the opening in the breech face.

I don't think the barrel had a conical breech; I'm pretty sure the case head diameter is so large the ARC spec for the cone is small than the opening in the breech face.
There would still be a good amount of conical breech face, believe it or not. While it is indeed not necessary for the larger diameter calibers, the conical breech face actually works to capture the nose of the bolt face once the action is closed.

Reactions: Tokay444
Took the PMR out past 1000 and broke the 2" plate at 430(woops).

This action is super smooth, I definitely missed when I ran out of ammo more than a few times.

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_130503098_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231112_130503098_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20231112_140721225_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231112_140721225_HDR.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 196
Finally got a chance to go try out the LA CdG in 338LM. Accurate-mag, fed great in the Bravo. Interestingly in the xylo it seemed like bolt wouldn't quite clear the lip of the brass, causing a feeding issue. I'm sure there is an adjustment that can be made, gotta figure out what it is.

S5cKJDC.png

x0e4Kw9.png

Reactions: BLEE
Finally got a chance to go try out the LA CdG in 338LM. Accurate-mag, fed great in the Bravo. Interestingly in the xylo it seemed like bolt wouldn't quite clear the lip of the brass, causing a feeding issue. I'm sure there is an adjustment that can be made, gotta figure out what it is.

S5cKJDC.png

x0e4Kw9.png
I’ve read about this a couple/few times already and wonder if when this happens a longer mag latch would fix it. Similar to the mag latch adjustments that have to be made in the SA when using single feed mags.

Has anyone switched their bolt knob out for a standard teardrop style one? Any favorites? As the handle looks kind of longer than normal.

The standard knob is too rough on my delicate fingers so i put a round one on.

Attachments

• 20231109_103904.jpg
    20231109_103904.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lash
Heres a somewhat current build. Few things have changed but I dont have a super current photo.

CGD
PVA 26" Osprey in 6GT
KRG C4 (full weights though now have heavy angled bag rider)
T6xi 5-30 SCR2 (currently Razor GenIII)
ARC M-brace
A419 Hellfire Match (though now has TMB)
TT Special 2 stage flat
Atlas Cal

23lbs with the bag rider, T6xi and hellfire.

unnamed.jpg

Got my CDG out this morning, doing a little coyote hunting.

Interestingly, I did my load work up, then came back to verify zero last week. 6mm Creedmoor with the barrel from PVA. Hornady Factory 87gr VMAX does around 2975fps. My 87gr VMAX handload does 3145fps. But, at 100 yards, POI is basically the same. I am new to the bolt gun world, but I don't think I've had this happen before. 2 factory rounds on the left, 5 handloads on the right.

Attachments

• 20240102_082901.jpg
    20240102_082901.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20231229_112449.jpg
    20231229_112449.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
I have been running a flat breech savage small shank and barrel nut, 6.5 Creed, 60 rounds fired with no FTF in any way. I have worked the bolt hard and fast on maybe 15 rounds, 5 rounds at a time. I believe if you watch the video it says "some cartridges" or something of that nature, and talks about 6BR and 223. Wouldn't be needed on larger cartridges. I think it is some CYA by ARC. I am in the process of trading one of my extra Short Actions for a long.

I have been running a flat breech savage small shank and barrel nut, 6.5 Creed, 60 rounds fired with no FTF in any way. I have worked the bolt hard and fast on maybe 15 rounds, 5 rounds at a time. I believe if you watch the video it says "some cartridges" or something of that nature, and talks about 6BR and 223. Wouldn't be needed on larger cartridges. I think it is some CYA by ARC. I am in the process of trading one of my extra Short Actions for a long.
Have you jammed your magazine into a barricade?

Reactions: DubfromGA
Finished up mine last week and did some minor barrel break in and load work. Took it out today to zero the scope with chosen load, really liking this rifle!
B3149868-12C3-4A47-B4E0-4F66F41960C5.jpeg

Here’s the details:
CDG SA fixed bolt
Preferred Barrels prefit in 6.5x47 Lapua 1/8 twist 26”
Triggertech Diamond
MPA Chassis
Vortex Razor Gen ll

Last edited:
Finished up mine last week and did some minor barrel break in and load work. Took it out today to zero the scope with chosen load, really liking this rifle!
View attachment 8319658

Here’s the details:
CDG SA fixed bolt
Preferred Barrels prefit in 6.5x47 Lapua 1/8 twist 26”
Triggertech Diamond
MPA Chassis
Vortex Razor Gen ll

Supernice !!!!

What's the contour of your barrel ?

I assumed. You’ll want the fixed handle:
Rich (BB code):
Triggers
Remington 700 compatible - must be used without bolt release
We suggest using fixed bolt handles for Trigger Tech Diamonds, Bix'N Andy Tac Sport Pro, and other ultra-lightweight triggers
Tubb triggers are not compatible with current trigger hanger design

I was told by ARC that the diamonds would work so as long as they were set 1lbs and above. Well, I guess 1lbs 6oz is close. I will make the cock on open a little tighter with the hanger and see.

Would a two stage TT Diamond be less prone to slam fires using the pivoting handle(at light settings) ?