• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Are 6.5cm ar10’s any more accurate than .308 in same brand gun?

scubadds

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2010
I am all over the place at the moment
One minute I am ready to order a custom bolt gun, the next I want to hold out for the 6.5cm kac upper (gotta save for that one)...it just seems like a neat one to get.

Would you guys think the kac 6.5 cm will be about on par as far as accuracy to the .308 kac’s or better? Would it still be a .8 MOA gun??

I don't think the chambering dictates accuracy. Your marksmanship level, quality of ammo, and quality of barrel, might really have a big sway in terms of accuracy. I'm not an expert but hopefully one does chime in.

All else being equal, I wouldn't expect at KAC 6.5 being less accurate than a KAC 308.

BTW... scubaDDS? Underwater BJs?

the 6.5 creedmoor has superior ballistics, yes, shoots flatter and faster but there are many other variables. If you are just shooting a long range target then it is the way to go, if you are using it for killing then it really depends on what.

All else being equal, I wouldn't expect at KAC 6.5 being less accurate than a KAC 308.

BTW... scubaDDS? Underwater BJs?
Not quite sure what you meant by the bj comment. I am a dentist and I scuba dive

I guess I see some reports varyin from .7 moa to 1.5 moa for the sr25 (I do not own one, just what I have seen)
I was curious if the 6.5 would be about the same?

Its all about parts, the builder, and more importantly the shooter. Honestly, if I have a .5 MOA rifle (for me) and hand it to you you may not be able to get it to group under 1 moa, so if you want a good shooter spend the money on barrel and optics the rest is up to you.

I spoke with KAC directly about this at SHOT, and I should have one of the pre-production 6.5 uppers headed my way to play with shortly.

They are seeing group average hovering in the .7's with factory Prime 130 ammo.