• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Arken EP5 is here (pics)

Did you measure the fov or are going off what you think looks better. I measured my pmii 56mm 25x at 5.3in & the EP5 25x at 4.8in at 100 yards. My friend measured his helos 24x at 4.4in at 100. The fov on the arken is pretty good considering price. It doesn’t sound like a big difference at 100 but at 1000 it is. PMII at 1000 is 53ft, EP5 is 48ft, & Helos at 24x is 44ft. The turrets on the EP5 I thought feel good for price. The clicks are precise & tactile but easier to skip clicks because it takes more tension to click, maybe a little to tight. PMII turrets are one of the best, comparable to TT. The PMII clicks are precise, not too much tension, & never skips. The new dt+ turrets are even better, maybe the best IMO. Turret feel is subjective so there will be many different opinions but I would guess the SB PMII & TT are tops for most people. The EP5 is definitely better than EP4/SH4 turret feel. That was the 1st thing that stuck out to me on EP5 vs SH4, was how much better the EP5 turrets felt
Hey @LAW-DOG - I didn't precisely measure FOV, I noted how many limbs I could see on a fallen tree trunk at the left edge of the FOV, with a fixed reference point on the right edge - there was not much difference at the distance I was observing.

I agree with you on the FOV and turrets on the EP5 - very good.

I've not used a TT, but I also agree with you on the PMII turrets (based on my subjective feel)

But, of course, the law of diminishing returns is evident ;) - if I'm being objective, the PMII overall is not 5 x better than the EP5 based on 5 x the purchase price

Last edited:
Hey @LAW-DOG - I didn't precisely measure FOV, I noted how many limbs I could see on a fallen tree trunk at the left edge of the FOV, with a fixed reference point on the right edge - there was not much difference at the distance I was observing.

I agree with you on the FOV and turrets on the EP5 - very good.

I've not used a TT, but I also agree with you on the PMII turrets (based on my subjective feel)

But, of course, the law of diminishing returns is evident ;) - if I'm being objective, the PMII overall is not 5 x better than the EP5 based on 5 x the purchase price
I agree for most people the pmii will not be worth the extra money. For someone who shoots a lot or the comp shooter who relies on the scope, spends a lot of time using it, & sees the flaws most shooters don’t see, the alpha scope is well worth it. I was talking to a sportsman warehouse guy about binoculars & he said a lot of people don’t see much difference between a Nikon m5, Zeiss conquest hd, or a swaro. He said most people think the swaro is overpriced but the birdwatchers who use them everyday can easily see the difference & think the swaro is definitely worth the price. Is an alpha scope worth the price depends on what you are using it for, how much you use it, & your financial situation.

I agree for most people the pmii will not be worth the extra money. For someone who shoots a lot or the comp shooter who relies on the scope, spends a lot of time using it, & sees the flaws most shooters don’t see, the alpha scope is well worth it. I was talking to a sportsman warehouse guy about binoculars & he said a lot of people don’t see much difference between a Nikon m5, Zeiss conquest hd, or a swaro. He said most people think the swaro is overpriced but the birdwatchers who use them everyday can easily see the difference & think the swaro is definitely worth the price. Is an alpha scope worth the price depends on what you are using it for, how much you use it, & your financial situation.
Agreed - and don't get me wrong I love my PM II (y)