• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Armageddon...is these really it? $29.99

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
I recently ordered the Armageddon Cheeky Bastard

$29.99. And I selected the Velcro mount thinking it would be a cleaner more semi permanent mount vs the straps.

What I received was a single velcro pad that maybe 3/8 thick. I sent them an email but have not heard back yet. I can’t imagine this is what they are selling I’ve always had good experiences with Armageddon products

B05DFC62-3E15-426D-82B1-67367BB92D53.jpeg
13EA0194-78D2-4CC6-90C0-A19687561AA9.jpeg

I don’t understand what your question or problem is. They have pictures of it on the product page you linked to, and what you have looks exactly like the 5 pictures on their website.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
The difference is they describe the item as a cheek riser and show it and describe it as having riser inserts. Again it’s a cheek riser.

And he’s the last few photos show what I received minus the riser component and it’s about half the size of the webbed option.

I certainly took it as being what you see in the first photos minus the webbing and assumed the last few photos were showing the attachment piece.

$30 for literally a fabric covered piece of Velcro??? Seems odd

I have no concern that Armageddon won’t take it back since it’s functionally worthless besides maybe guys running a chassis who don’t like the feel of the metal. Can’t imagine paying $30 for fabric covered Velcro to correct that issue but to each their own

The difference is they describe the item as a cheek riser and show it and describe it as having riser inserts. Again it’s a cheek riser.

And he’s the last few photos show what I received minus the riser component and it’s about half the size of the webbed option.

I certainly took it as being what you see in the first photos minus the webbing and assumed the last few photos were showing the attachment piece.

$30 for literally a fabric covered piece of Velcro??? Seems odd

I have no concern that Armageddon won’t take it back since it’s functionally worthless besides maybe guys running a chassis who don’t like the feel of the metal. Can’t imagine paying $30 for fabric covered Velcro to correct that issue but to each their own

It's priced at $10 less than a similar product that Weibad has been selling, successfully, for years.

It's exactly what the images on the AG product page show, though their description could be more clear in saying the velcro version lacks the ability to add spacers.

You've said yourself you've been please with their customer service in the past and have no worries about them taking it back for a full refund.

It seems like if anything, they just need to clarify the product description a little. I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them.

I agree their description makes it seem like it should have come with two of the spacers they have shown. In their defense, they never once used the word cheek riser anywhere on the product page, but I agree their description implies that’s what it’s for. Ultimately, I don’t think there is anything wrong with the product, or the price, especially if they provide the two spacers. Calling it “functionally worthless”, even without the risers, is in my opinion ridiculous. The WieBad mini stock pad is $40, and is the exact same thing that you are calling “functionally worthless”. Even if you aren’t the type of person who thinks spending extra money on a well made, clean looking product when you could make a cheap, inelegant looking solution is worth it, that still doesn’t make the nicer solution pointless, especially when the difference in price between the two solutions is no more than $30.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
AG has great stuff as you know I'm sure if you talk with them they will be glad to help you out. Great people through and through. Wait till Monday and discuss it with them and you'll be GTG!

I believe the issue he as is with:

“Comes with two velcro-lined padded inserts for additional cheek height when using taller rings.”

And I think OP is stating that he didn’t get the “inserts”

Reactions: rydah
There are two options, the one you recieved or the more expensive strap-on type with the included inserts for additional height. Just make sure you select the correct options before adding to cart.

In either case, they are in line with pricing for similar products.

Reactions: drn1234
The time it took you to inadvertently bash a reputable company on a public forum, for sending you exactly what you ordered, would have been much better spent driving to the post office to return said item. People are awfully quick to bitch on the internet about nothing. I thought that was a liberal thing.

The time it took you to inadvertently bash a reputable company on a public forum, for sending you exactly what you ordered, would have been much better spent driving to the post office to return said item. People are awfully quick to bitch on the internet about nothing. I thought that was a liberal thing.

Let’s be clear I didn’t bash anyone full stop.
I also indicated that they have always done right by me and I have no reason to believe they wouldn’t do what was needed to make me and any of their customers satisfied.

My post was meant more as a question and or a post for clarification for anyone else who may be looking.

They functionally have photos showing what appears to be now two completely different products. One a cheek riser the other more of just a pad.

As another member mentioned above my concern was the inserts because I was looking for a cheek riser which is how it was portrayed.

The only differention mentioned in the description is webbbng vs Velcro. Clearly they are two very different products.

My intent on the post was also more of clarity. As I mentioned earlier I reached out to them. I have not heard back yet. I also have no reason to believe that I won’t hear back from them I just haven’t yet.

Did I get all that I was supposed to get? Did they just forget to pack the inserts ( the riser par). Or is this it for $30 just a fabric pad? I don’t know because the description isn’t clear.

I honestly think some of you guys are so used to bashing winey bitch snow flakes that you assume everything and every one who has a concern/gripe/ question falls into that group

Reactions: BELLATRIX
I don't think the velcro version is supposed to come with the riser inserts, my understanding is that it's just a pad for the cheek riser on your chassis or stock. The version with webbing would come with the risers as they'd fit underneath the pad.

that makes sense, just a few Velcro pads on top of each other doesn’t sound like it will stay in place, but they probably want to update their description in that case.

I was actually looking at one of these to stick on my Bravo. For what I was using it for, the additional risers wouldn't be necessary, but was also under the impression they were included. Can definitely see where OP is coming from. I would imagine AG would work with you on resolving this.

The webbing attach version is the only one that comes with the additional pieces to raise the height of the pad, and said pads are shown on the website with the webbing version. The velcro attach model is intended for stocks and chassis systems with adjustable cheek risers already built in, and doesn't come with any additional pieces.

Give AG a call today, I'm sure Tom and Missy will take care of you on swapping it for the webbing attached version.

yeah that looks cheaply made and overpriced. Armageddon may have missed the mark on this one. I'd send it back personally.

yeah that looks cheaply made and overpriced. Armageddon may have missed the mark on this one. I'd send it back personally.

I can tell you it is made very well. The materials are good and it is a quality piece.

For the price I was underwhelmed by what I received And the website seemed to fail at differentiating between the two products.

As a result of this Armageddon changed its description and they were quick to offer me options to return or exchange.

I decided to keep it and applied it to a different rifle where it appears to be doing well.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I can tell you it is made very well. The materials are good and it is a quality piece.

For the price I was underwhelmed by what I received And the website seemed to fail at differentiating between the two products.

As a result of this Armageddon changed its description and they were quick to offer me options to return or exchange.

I decided to keep it and applied it to a different rifle where it appears to be doing well.

Well okay then! Glad you found a use for it.
However, still overpriced in my opinion, and yes, underwhelming hits the nail on the head.

Well okay then! Glad you found a use for it.
However, still overpriced in my opinion, and yes, underwhelming hits the nail on the head.

You say it's overpriced, but it's cheaper than competing products on the market.

Knowing how well the AG piece is made, and how much of a pain in the ass it is to sew, I'd say the price is a fair one.