• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army M24 Build Thread

Hello!

I'm curious about the m24 build vs the remington m24 rifle sold complete:
Why build one m24 instead buying the remington m24?

You can build a M24 (ish) rifle that will shoot just as good (perhaps better) for less money. People are paying for the "M24" markings that have nothing to do with performance. This is a result of people wanting an "investment" and hoping that the rifle will be worth money down the road. The fact is that there is very little that on/in the M24 that cannot be replicated pretty easily by about anyone. The only thing that cannot be replicated (easily) is the roll stamp that says "M24". Not saying that there is anything wrong with wanting an original, however if the intent is to shoot and enjoy the rifle without regard to originality or "provenance" then building one is a cheaper alternative.

As far as the accessories, the iron sights (peep sights as you call them) are really not necessary unless you intend or want to shoot iron sights. Even the military barely used them outside of the course. The MARS is a great addition as it allows you to use clip on NVG or even thermals, but if you have no intention on doing those things then you probably don't need it. The flash hider is good if you are going to be using the rifle in a situation where you do not want to give away your position.

As to the barrels, only the very early M24's had Rock made barrels, it was pretty quickly that Remington brought barrel production in house. The story was Mike Rock had some personal issues and because it was a USG contract RAC felt it needed to put some distance between them. I have talked to Mike and he didn't seem to harbor any ill feelings about it. The RAC barrels were/are every bit as good as the originals. The bottom line is that every M24 since 90 (I think it was) had a RAC barrel on it.
I appreciate your help with this and we’re very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable professional on this weapon system.
There’s so much misinformation out there it’s hard to distinguish fact from fiction. It doesn’t help that they have civilian m24’s, military M24s, surplus m24s, clones and who knows what else is out there adding to the confusion.
You’re absolutely right, many r700s have better accuracy for less than the cost of a m24. I’d put my factory original 35y/o $600 r700 Varmint synthetic with the spiderwebbed stock against any factory original m24 and it would hold its own. However when a guy purchases an m24 he’s buying a piece of military history that’s only purpose was defense of our country. At least that’s how I rationalize spending the additional money for one. Lol
One other question, Does the m24 use the Remington 40x trigger or is it a unique Remington trigger for the m24? Mine looks like a 40x to me but I’ve heard some say the m24 has a special trigger.
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us brother.

Hello!

I'm curious about the m24 build vs the remington m24 rifle sold complete:
Why build one m24 instead buying the remington m24?
The easy answer is that a built m24 can be built with more care and attention to detail than a factory assembled rifle. The smith can do numerous things that get every ounce of accuracy out of the built m24 and the factory m24’s aren’t built like that. The M40s are but not the m24s. That’s just my opinion though

Reactions: Matteo79
I appreciate your help with this and we’re very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable professional on this weapon system.
There’s so much misinformation out there it’s hard to distinguish fact from fiction. It doesn’t help that they have civilian m24’s, military M24s, surplus m24s, clones and who knows what else is out there adding to the confusion.
You’re absolutely right, many r700s have better accuracy for less than the cost of a m24. I’d put my factory original 35y/o $600 r700 Varmint synthetic with the spiderwebbed stock against any factory original m24 and it would hold its own. However when a guy purchases an m24 he’s buying a piece of military history that’s only purpose was defense of our country. At least that’s how I rationalize spending the additional money for one. Lol
One other question, Does the m24 use the Remington 40x trigger or is it a unique Remington trigger for the m24? Mine looks like a 40x to me but I’ve heard some say the m24 has a special trigger.
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us brother.
First things first, all M24's are the same regardless of who purchased it. The contract rifles as a lot underwent some testing; meaning that 1 or 2 rifles would be take from the population and tested usually for endurance (all were proof and accuracy tested). So, there is really no such thing as a "civilian" M24 from a build prospective.

The M24 uses a unique trigger, it is not a 40X, Xmark, Xmark Pro or anything else, it is a modified Walker Fire Control (which was the normal trigger for many years in all 700's). The M24 solicitation called for a "user adjustable trigger" so a hole was drilled into the trigger shoe and a screw with a spring was added to provide some adjustment. The reality is that the triggers were set at 3.5-5.5 lbs, the "adjustment" could only make the trigger heavier than the set weight. You could remove the screw and the trigger would remain perfectly safe.

First things first, all M24's are the same regardless of who purchased it. The contract rifles as a lot underwent some testing; meaning that 1 or 2 rifles would be take from the population and tested usually for endurance (all were proof and accuracy tested). So, there is really no such thing as a "civilian" M24 from a build prospective.

The M24 uses a unique trigger, it is not a 40X, Xmark, Xmark Pro or anything else, it is a modified Walker Fire Control (which was the normal trigger for many years in all 700's). The M24 solicitation called for a "user adjustable trigger" so a hole was drilled into the trigger shoe and a screw with a spring was added to provide some adjustment. The reality is that the triggers were set at 3.5-5.5 lbs, the "adjustment" could only make the trigger heavier than the set weight. You could remove the screw and the trigger would remain perfectly safe.
Thanks again for the great technical information on this wonderful rifle. I’m sure glad I didn’t take the $300 I was offered for my trigger.
If I understand you correctly the m24 is built by one guy in a dod section of Remington and they’re all built the same but with the Mil contract spec parts from various sources. The differences seen from one to the other is a result of parts coming from alternate sources as old sources dried up. Such as the iron sights and barrels. Please let me know if I don’t have it straight. Like everyone else, I get tons of questions every time I take it to the range or whatever.
Do you recall which hs precision stock was used? I think it’s the pst-011 but others are saying it’s a pst-024. To confuse things more the description of the pst024 says it’s cut for Dakota type L/A bottom metal and a Palma contour barrel. However Rock creek says the m24 has a totally different contour than any of the Palma contours.
If you don’t mind me asking, and it’s purely an opinion question. Do you think the army would have been better off building their own m24s like the marines m40s? My personal belief is no. The weapon might’ve been a bit more accurate but not worth the additional expense. One gets to a point with accuracy of diminishing returns on their investments of time and money. The Corp is much smaller organization and they like the mystique created by smithing their own stuff.
Thanks again for all your help with my questions. Now I can answer the most common questions about my rifle.

Reactions: sinister
Great to hear from other Remington lovers. I fell in love with my first Remy back in the late 80s early 90s. It’s a r700 Varmint synthetic and the damn thing still shoots .5moa or better with the original barrel.
I have a m24 that I picked up a while back and I’m thinking about freshening it up a little. It’s not loaded with options like others I’ve seen. From a collecting standpoint would you bother with a Mars, flash suppressor, hard case and the peep sight?
When if ever did Remington use their own barrels on the m24. I’ve heard they used rock creek barrels but I wanna get it from someone like yourself that really knows.
I can’t thank you, and everyone else who contributed, enough. Thanks Top
Rock barrels were used on the very early (pre-contract) M24s, 1987s and possibly earlier but Remington developed their hammer forge and since Rock couldn't keep up with the demand, Remington hammer forged barrels were in all the rest of the M24s and the ones with Rock barrels were brought back and replaced. There was also another issue with Mike Rock but I won't discuss it. He makes fine barrels, I had one with his barrel and it was a really great shooter.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the great technical information on this wonderful rifle. I’m sure glad I didn’t take the $300 I was offered for my trigger.
If I understand you correctly the m24 is built by one guy in a dod section of Remington and they’re all built the same but with the Mil contract spec parts from various sources. The differences seen from one to the other is a result of parts coming from alternate sources as old sources dried up. Such as the iron sights and barrels. Please let me know if I don’t have it straight. Like everyone else, I get tons of questions every time I take it to the range or whatever.
Do you recall which hs precision stock was used? I think it’s the pst-011 but others are saying it’s a pst-024. To confuse things more the description of the pst024 says it’s cut for Dakota type L/A bottom metal and a Palma contour barrel. However Rock creek says the m24 has a totally different contour than any of the Palma contours.
If you don’t mind me asking, and it’s purely an opinion question. Do you think the army would have been better off building their own m24s like the marines m40s? My personal belief is no. The weapon might’ve been a bit more accurate but not worth the additional expense. One gets to a point with accuracy of diminishing returns on their investments of time and money. The Corp is much smaller organization and they like the mystique created by smithing their own stuff.
Thanks again for all your help with my questions. Now I can answer the most common questions about my rifle.
The M24 uses the PST-024 stock for Dakota and Sunny Hill floorplates, nothing BDL style will fit in this stock. The detachable magazine mods the M24 had came in two versions, one a drop in to the PST-024 and the other was a BDL style that fit into the PST-013 and PST-026 stocks.

Last edited:
The M24 uses the PST-024 stock for Dakota and Sunny Hill floorplates, nothing BDL style will fit in this stock. The detachable magazine mods the M24 had came in two versions, one a drop in to the PST-024 and the other was a BDL style that fit into the PST-011 and PST-026 stocks.
The only M24's offered with a DBL were the A2 and A3

A lot to unpack here.

1. You are correct with reference to parts differences throughout the M24 production, typically it was something when Redfield closed shop and their iron sights were no longer available so the OK Weber sights were selected (actually they are RPA Tracker sights made in England but OK Weber was the exclusive importer so that is what they are known as). I think I already covered the barrel issue and as I said Rock barrels were on the early guns (late 87-88) but then were changed to RAC barrels.

2. In reference to the rifles being built, each rifle is built usually by one individual in the DoD area of the plant at Ilion. I don't remember how many people worked there but it was a few. In other words there was more than one guy building M24s and later on M2010's. That said the plant in Ilion is a union plant and subsequently people moved around, there were a few exceptions but not a lot meaning that a guy could be building M24's one day and down on the main floor doing 700's the next. We tried to keep a core group in the M24 shop (as it was called) but were not always successful. This led to a number of issues up until around 2010 when the company management began to take military business a little more seriously.

3. As to the stock, I do not remember the number but I see that there are others already chiming in on it. That said, (and as stated in this thread) the M24 stock will not take normal BDL floor plates so the bottom inlet is different. The barrel contour is a matter of some debate because there is no industry standard for contours, in RAC we just called it the M24 contour but it is 1.25" @ the chamber and tapers down to I think something like .75" (I'd have to go and measure one or look up the print) but it definitely isn't a "Palma" contour.

4. The Army is incapable of building a precision rifle without a lot of time, effort and money thrown at the concept which they decided a very long time ago not to do. There are pros and cons to every action and effort but bringing the development and production in house is not advantageous to the Army as a whole. The main problem is that it becomes more about keep people in jobs than it does the actual weapon itself. Instead of the guys on the ground having a say in what they need, you end up with the people building the weapons making decisions that will affect the shooters. I know that the USMC builds their rifles in house and in fact we in SOCOM got many of our weapons from Crane, but there is a price to pay for that and it doesn't always work. Furthermore, bringing production in house does not guarantee that you will get accuracy, reliability or durability just as buying the rifles from a manufacturer doesn't. The difference is that a manufacture can be held accountable, contract canceled, fined for non-performance, etc. whereas an in house production organization can't. Both ways come with their pros and cons, it just depends on what is needed and what fits.

The only M24's offered with a DBL were the A2 and A3
Not entirely correct as one of Badger's DBM trigger guards was specifically designed to drop into existing M24s and was a user replaceable item. The second version was as both you and I stated, for A2s and A3s which used PST-013 and PST-26 stocks which are inlet for BDL trigger guards.

Ok. the only production M24's with a DBL was the A2 and A3. The aftermarket makes all sorts of things that can be put onto the rifle and users bought a lot of, but that certainly doesn't make it a variant.

Reactions: jcmullis2
Interesting.. So one of ilikebmxbikes' M24 contract bottom metals won't fit in a commercial HS Precision PST011 or PST013??

Reactions: jcmullis2
Been awhile since I was on here so I will offer some comments.
  • All M24's were issued with a non-illuminated MK4 M3 (fixed 10X) with Mil Dot reticle. There was a change in the elevation dials due to L&S changing the design.
  • The sling swivels shown in this thread are not what what is in the D kit, they are similar but none had the Remington R on them as they were sourced from another company
  • The Simrad KN200 or KN250 was not used by the general Army or even in SF, they were used by specific units back in the day. They typically had zero issues and while they work ok could be a pain. Once you had it zeroed, so long as it remained on the gun it was good.
  • The ANPVS-10 was a huge POS, we used them somewhat only because we had nothing else on guns that we did not have the KN200's on.
  • The PAS13 was a complete pile and very seldom used on anything let alone the M24 (at least the initial ones). It had a terrible red screen that precluded you from seeing anything.
  • I am the one who got the OSTI UNS into the military and it was/is a great addition but I had to invent a mount for the M24 which I did via McCann in Spanaway WA. I also invented the MARS while I was at Remington which is a far superior mount.
  • The original flash hider for the M24 was developed to reduce visible flash and had nothing to do with night vision because at the time the only NVG option that was remotely available was the ANPVS-2 (starlight scope) which was not widely used or available. The flash hider came about for first light or last light firing or firing from inside of a building.
  • I am the one who got the second version of the flash hider made, Picatinny did not even know that the original flash hider would not work with the OK Weber sights.
  • There is basically 3 versions of the issued M24; the original which has Redfield sights and uses a one piece optics base, #2 which was with Redfield sights and 2 piece bases, and the last version which has OK Weber sights and 2 piece bases.
  • I am the designer/developer of the M24A2 (as well as the M24A3)
  • Just because there is a picture of a M24 with this or that does not mean thats how it was used.
  • Remington has sold M24's to the public almost from the beginning of production, however prior to around 05 the price was a lot more than most would pay.
  • The original M24 was made in 7.62 and 300WM
  • the "U.S." was dropped from the M24 early in the production process, this was because it was not required by the USG and it cost RAC money to do (time)
  • All of the issued M24's came with the 6-9" non-swiveling Harris bipods except those issued to Special Forces. They did not get any bipods because someone in the G8 said they didn't need them (which they did and then had to buy through the Army supply system).
Like many things on the internet there is a lot of information out there, some of it is incorrect, some of it is partially correct and there is a small part that is completely correct. Not in anyway saying anyone is wrong or is misleading, just that the truth sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. That said, many people had many experiences and many units made many changes so it is very likely that someone serving some place could be issued a M24 in a specific configuration believing it to be "as received". I spent a lot of time carrying and dealing with the M24 specifically, not to mentioned dealing with Picatinny and the USAF weapons branch so I am pretty confident in my M24 knowledge base up to 2016.
excellent info.

I will say, the sling swivels pictured with the rem logo are included in some form of m24 kit. perhaps late. I got a big lot of m24 parts a while back and in the kits there were those swivels. There were also non logo swivels as well.

How different are the original 1 piece bases compared to the Badger ordinance reproduction?
i believe the current badger 1 piece bases say 'M24' on them vs the originals having no markings. I also believe the width of the bases is a touch narrower to be a more accepted size to work with more common commercial rings. If you take an old ultra scope ring, and try it on a current gen badger rail, it wont tighten. It will move around. On an ultra 1 piece, it will fit tight.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
excellent info.

I will say, the sling swivels pictured with the rem logo are included in some form of m24 kit. perhaps late. I got a big lot of m24 parts a while back and in the kits there were those swivels. There were also non logo swivels as well.
Those swivels certainly could have been in a D kit but they were not the standard, swivels were something that we sourced from a variety of vendors and while most were very similar I have no doubt that those got in there.

Reactions: lockedandloaded
Those swivels certainly could have been in a D kit but they were not the standard, swivels were something that we sourced from a variety of vendors and while most were very similar I have no doubt that those got in there.
The m24 was in service a long time and things changed quite a bit. Seeing as how those swivels are the same offered with current commercial m24, i would lean toward them being a later m24 thing - but they were 100% issued with m24's -

The M24 uses the PST-024 stock for Dakota and Sunny Hill floorplates, nothing BDL style will fit in this stock. The detachable magazine mods the M24 had came in two versions, one a drop in to the PST-024 and the other was a BDL style that fit into the PST-013 and PST-026 stocks.
Most of what you said makes sense but it differs a bit from what I read on Stockies website. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not saying you’re wrong because I really don’t know. I’m just trying to get it sorted out. From what I read, Hs precision has 2 long action stocks with adjustable LOP and without a cheek riser adjustment and they’re the pst-024 & pst-011. The pst-013 & pst-026 are for L/A but both have adjustable LOP & cheek risers. As you know the m24 doesn’t have an adjustable cheek riser. Stocky’s site also refers to the pst-026 as a “Pro series” M24 stock. I believe that’s like the Bell & Carlson M40 stocks. They’re m40 stocks in name only and have nothing to do with the actual m40 rifle.
After all my readings it’s gotta be the pst-024 not the pst-011 like I originally thought. It has all the necessary features except Stocky misnamed the barrel contour in their description. As the m24 contour is unique maybe Stocky was confused as to what to call it or confused it with a Palma contour. Also, Of the thousand of alphanumeric combinations possible, I don’t think naming the stock made for the m24 a pst-024 was a coincidence. However, anyone looking to buy one for a build should call to verify first.

Last edited:
Most of what you said makes sense but it differs a bit from what I read on Stockies website. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not saying you’re wrong because I really don’t know. I’m just trying to get it sorted out. From what I read, Hs precision has 2 long action stocks with adjustable LOP and without a cheek riser adjustment and they’re the pst-024 & pst-011. The pst-013 & pst-026 are for L/A but both have adjustable LOP & cheek risers. As you know the m24 doesn’t have an adjustable cheek riser. Stocky’s site also refers to the pst-026 as a “Pro series” M24 stock. I believe that’s like the Bell & Carlson M40 stocks. They’re m40 stocks in name only and have nothing to do with the actual m40 rifle.
After all my readings it’s gotta be the pst-024 not the pst-011 like I originally thought. It has all the necessary features except Stocky misnamed the barrel contour in their description. As the m24 contour is unique maybe Stocky was confused as to what to call it or confused it with a Palma contour. Also, Of the thousand of alphanumeric combinations possible, I don’t think naming the stock made for the m24 a pst-024 was a coincidence. However, anyone looking to buy one for a build should call to verify first.
You are pointing out some fairly confusing info that actually stems from HS-Precision and their naming convention. For the benefit of those who are confused, the entire line of those stocks are known as Pro Series M24 Stocks but the PST-024 is the baseline for that series and is the contract model. It is the only model in the entire series that fits the M24 action and Dakota and Sunny Hill floor metal right out of the box. Aside from the fact that their M24 series offers both long and short actions, the short action obviously won't fit a M24, and some with no length of pull adjustment, the feature that singles out the PST-024 from the herd is the depth of the floor metal inletting. Dakota and Sunny Hill are much thicker than BDL style trigger guards. And for those that are wondering about Dakota vs. Sunny Hill, they're both contract trigger guards, the Dakota was a trigger guard that was welded together and then magnafluxed and proof stamped with the circle M. The Sunny Hill was introduced years later and is bolted together so there is no circle M proof mark. Barrel inletting for the PST-011, 013 and 026 all share the same inletting with the PST-024.

Last edited:
You are pointing out some fairly confusing info that actually stems from HS-Precision and their naming convention. For the benefit of those who are confused, the entire line of those stocks are known as Pro Series M24 Stocks but the PST-024 is the baseline for that series and is the contract model. It is the only model in the entire series that fits the M24 action and Dakota and Sunny Hill floor metal right out of the box. Aside from the fact that their M24 series offers both long and short actions, the short action obviously won't fit a M24, and some with no length of pull adjustment, the feature that singles out the PST-024 from the herd is the depth of the floor metal inletting. Dakota and Sunny Hill are much thicker than BDL style trigger guards. And for those that are wondering about Dakota vs. Sunny Hill, they're both contract trigger guards, the Dakota was a trigger guard that was welded together and then magnafluxed and proof stamped with the circle M. The Sunny Hill was introduced years later and is bolted together so there is no circle M proof mark. Barrel inletting for the PST-011, 013 and 026 all share the same inletting with the PST-024.
I agree that it can be extremely difficult to sort through that stock stuff. I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve been asked which stock is the actual proper m24 stock. A shooting buddy bought a new m24 action several months ago and is in the process of rounding up the right parts. I actually thought the pst-011 was the correct model until last evening when I deduced that the proper stock had to be the pst-024. Thank goodness he hadn’t purchased the pst-011 that I had confidently said was the correct model. I would have never heard the end of that fudge up.
Thanks to people like yourself and tactinstr1sfg who share their expertise, others will know what they are buying and not fall for marketing tricks. I appreciate your help brother.

I agree that it can be extremely difficult to sort through that stock stuff. I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve been asked which stock is the actual proper m24 stock. A shooting buddy bought a new m24 action several months ago and is in the process of rounding up the right parts. I actually thought the pst-011 was the correct model until last evening when I deduced that the proper stock had to be the pst-024. Thank goodness he hadn’t purchased the pst-011 that I had confidently said was the correct model. I would have never heard the end of that fudge up.
Thanks to people like yourself and tactinstr1sfg who share their expertise, others will know what they are buying and not fall for marketing tricks. I appreciate your help brother.
Provided they read this stuff, yes. Newcomers rarely go back far enough in the threads, any threads, to see what has already been published. Doesn't help matters that the M24 thread here has gone through 3 or 4 generations and stuff gets lost in the change. Photobucket didn't help either when they put a price on posting pictures. A lot of my institutional knowledge, and others, was lost on the first gen thread. A lot of pix and a lot of technical info, just gone.

Provided they read this stuff, yes. Newcomers rarely go back far enough in the threads, any threads, to see what has already been published. Doesn't help matters that the M24 thread here has gone through 3 or 4 generations and stuff gets lost in the change. Photobucket didn't help either when they put a price on posting pictures. A lot of my institutional knowledge, and others, was lost on the first gen thread. A lot of pix and a lot of technical info, just gone.
Yeah the thread does go back a bit. That stinks about losing all of that knowledge. It’s too bad it can’t be recovered.
The smartest thing about the m24 design that’ll prevent people from being ripped off is the m24 roll mark on the actions. Unlike the M24s, civilian owned fully functioning m40s are 99.9999% bs. To the best of my knowledge all decommissioned rifles from the Marine Corp are rendered inoperable before leaving their inventory. I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple of m40s left through the back door but not near as many as we see on the market. Remington did a run of commemorative m40 reproductions about 20years ago but they don’t really count.
I can’t thank you enough for helping me get things figured out.

Last edited:
Don't forget that the recoil pads are different between the pst024, which has a thicker HS Precision pad, vs a Remington pad on an M24 iirc.
That is true, thanks for that. Remington supplied the butt pads to HS Precision to screw on the butt rather than their customary glue on. They were thinner due to a collapsed overall length requirement in the contract.

Last edited:
Haven't dropped in here for a while. Still collecting parts. Rifle still hammers.
I'm not sure at what point gathering kit items gout out of hand but....here we are.
Attempting to have most everything from initial issue to ETS. I modified and parkerized Redfield bases to go with the early stock, bottom metal and Ultra scope/rings/base. This is one of the M24Rs that was sold in the mid 20teens.
20201201_161619.jpg
20201201_161631.jpg
20201201_162211.jpg
20201201_162217.jpg
20200922_130737.jpg

There's a "For customers outside the UK" section in the how to order page. https://www.hps-tr.com/en/how-to-order

Never tried this plate, but IME ordering funny stuff from outside the US, it works almost all of the time. Bought many gun parts and tritium compasses and so on from UK, Switzerland, Finland, France, German, Estonia, etc) and rarely an issue. If so, so far, everyone just explains they can't do it, and cancels the order and often suggests a more local dealer I missed.

Once or twice I had an order cancelled because shipping was outrageous and I had to promise I knew, it was my only option, so go for it anyway. So try it, or contact them to ask first but I bet it'll be fine.

I know it’s not a M24 but would there be anyone on this thread that could tell me the value of a Remington XM 2010. It’s a bare rifle new and unfired.

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
They only have the bare rifle. I ran across it at a off the beaten patch pawn shop. They are asking 9k. I laughed and the guy said he would take 6k. It’s the first one I’ve seen for sale and was just curious if 6k was a deal on it

They only have the bare rifle. I ran across it at a off the beaten patch pawn shop. They are asking 9k. I laughed and the guy said he would take 6k. It’s the first one I’ve seen for sale and was just curious if 6k was a deal on it
i think 6k is a good deal. I have a m2010 and they are super cool.

Isn’ the 2010 just a m24 / 700 dropped into a Cadex chassis?
no - its a m24 action chambered in 300 win mag w/ a fluted barrel in m24E profile with a AAC titan break. has a Long Action RACCs chassis, designed by Cadex for Remington, which is marked XM2010. Its its own weapon system. The only m2010 released on the market were all contract over runs. There is no civilian m2010 version or runs like we see with m24's. The only real discrepancy between the overrun guns, they dont have m24 triggers - they have 40x.

This could have been covered before--what are the opinions on the new M24 rifles being sold by Eurooptic? These rifles are built specifically for the civilian market. The production number is capped at 500, and they carry special s/n ASA1987xxxx.

This could have been covered before--what are the opinions on the new M24 rifles being sold by Eurooptic? These rifles are built specifically for the civilian market. The production number is capped at 500, and they carry special s/n ASA1987xxxx.
They are awesome rifles. Fantastic value and addition to portion of the donations being donated to army sniper association, each rifle's serial is ASA19870001 - ASA19870500. While I generally spring for contract era serials, I am tempted to swoop an ASA1987 gun while they are still available.

They are awesome rifles. Fantastic value and addition to portion of the donations being donated to army sniper association, each rifle's serial is ASA19870001 - ASA19870500. While I generally spring for contract era serials, I am tempted to swoop an ASA1987 gun while they are still available.
Thank you. Would the “collector value” of these rifle be lower than a “period-correct” gun with serial numbers comparable to the real M24?

"Collector value" changes over time. Right now, Period correct prefix and 'M24 Returns' are worth more than ASA1987. My question is not "what is worth more", its more "When the ASA1987 dry up, will they be worth as much as the others?" Only time will tell. That being said - they are a great value regardless and even buying one just as a $2900 rifle is not a bad move.

The C / G prefix rifles with simple barrel markings are higher value because pre-2015, it was very difficult to get anything remington defense as a civilian. There just are not many out there. These are the true contract era rifles with simple '7.62' barrel markings. Same markings as the mil guns.

The M24 Returns, have their obvious appeal being built with real used m24 stocks and accessories. These are, in my opinion, one of the coolest things remington could have done. Each one is unique and extremely authentic. My only gripe is that most of the M24 Returns are on serial number prefixes outside of contract range and generally have the commercial barrel markings. That being said, there are earlier RR/a/ that have the simple barrel markings and I have seen some holy grail G prefix m24 Returns as well.
Thank you. Would the “collector value” of these rifle be lower than a “period-correct” gun with serial numbers comparable to the real M24?

Reactions: yej0001
"Collector value" changes over time. Right now, Period correct prefix and 'M24 Returns' are worth more than ASA1987. My question is not "what is worth more", its more "When the ASA1987 dry up, will they be worth as much as the others?" Only time will tell. That being said - they are a great value regardless and even buying one just as a $2900 rifle is not a bad move.

The C / G prefix rifles with simple barrel markings are higher value because pre-2015, it was very difficult to get anything remington defense as a civilian. There just are not many out there. These are the true contract era rifles with simple '7.62' barrel markings. Same markings as the mil guns.

The M24 Returns, have their obvious appeal being built with real used m24 stocks and accessories. These are, in my opinion, one of the coolest things remington could have done. Each one is unique and extremely authentic. My only gripe is that most of the M24 Returns are on serial number prefixes outside of contract range and generally have the commercial barrel markings. That being said, there are earlier RR/a/ that have the simple barrel markings and I have seen some holy grail G prefix m24 Returns as well.

Got me thinking, would the number of m24's in collector hands be less than 10K including the ASA rifles?

Saw the number 2-3000 on the M24r's probably less.
i saw an article saying that, but i dont remember if they were taking in 2-3000 of them to convert to m2010's, or releasing 2-3000 m24 return guns. Id be curious to see how many of the stocks were deemed salvage due to cracks, broken sling studs, stuck LOP adjusters etc.

Yup not sure if we will ever know, I saw 2k mentioned before. I got one of the rifles only and Marty B mentioned only 75 had been made in that configuration. Also about 20% were G prefix units, a few years ago I passed on cased M24a2 G prefix with an Allen can, still kicking myself.

So uhm..... Uh... Where ya'll finding the accouterments? Scopes, ammo pouched, and the like? Ebay?
Yep, sadly, eBay. And Gunbroker. I'll be listing a set of the Trakker/OK Weber iron sights there shortly. Maybe a mostly empty deployment kit as well.

Almost every piece you find is overpriced these days, and getting more expensive by the day. And both eBay and GunBroker add taxes to the purchases now.

An internet search should yield the original manufacturers' sites for a few of the items. Since I bought my M24 from Euro Optic in November 2020, I've found these online from the original manufacturer. No promise they're still there, but you may get lucky:

- OK Weber front sight/base and rear (base only)
- Wind meter
- Harris bipod
- Data book
- Data book ballistic nylon cover

Good luck!

Trog