• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury 338

Re: Ashbury 338

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first release will not have the monolothic rail. There will be a forward rail ...........</div></div>

Cory ,

roger that , tnx for your reply.
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As soon as pricing and deliver becomes available, I'll post it here. </div></div>

That would be appreicated. Im looking forward to getting one. Will they be sold as the entire kit or can we get the rifle only?

If you got the kit, it will. I hear that full kit will run 20g and up
The rifle only Im willing to guess around 6-8,000 bucks.

Just a shot in the dark. we will have to wait and see!

If they are asking around 7000 for the rifle, IMO what a joke. Figure out what the price for the chassis is, I'll use my mcrees surgeon chassis. I remember last year they were telling people (shot show)$2000 plus for the chassis, I guess the weren't lying. If its true there asking 6000 to 8000.

Sheesh, people will pay 6K for the scope and suppressor just to go on the rifle. Now get the rangefinder, computer and software, oh, ammo (even reloads in .338 aren't exactly free), the rifle was downright cheap. This ELR type gear is not for the faint of wallet.

Right now, a retail price for the rifle is pure speculation, nothing more. In any event, they'll probably sell all they care to make. Any cost quoted at the show was a WAG. The prototypes cost a fortune due to one off mfg of parts. Once the production system is created and scaled, they will have a real idea of actual cost, then a realistic price can be quoted. As I've said, when I know, I'll make an announcement here.

would love to hear when it does come to reality. 20k for a system is a WAG but is it a SWAG. I dare say there are not alot of "people" who would toss that kinda money around. with that being said, I would question what you are buying?

Action is a Surgeon
Trigger?
Barrel?

I do not question it might be good kit, even "great" kit. the qustion is, (WAG/SWAG/or otherwise) would it be 20k kit?

I guess that depends on what you include in the kit. Currently the triggers are Huber Tactials, the barrels are Rock Creek. The scope could be S&B, Premier or Zeiss/Hensoldt. The suppressor choices are Surefire, AAC or Ops Inc. The hard cases are Storm with custom cut foam. This is by no means a complete list, nor is it exclusive of anything a customer may want to subsiture.

I cant seem to find it now, but I Think I found the Sabor Forsst stock for around 1700. The Surgeon XL Repeaters are around 1300, and it comes with a trigger group. Add up too 1k for a barrel and you've got a rifle sans optics right?

The Mod 1 is by USSOCOM specs for the PSR. They would prefer a full length rail for mounting the NVG and thermal devices. The Mod 0 system continues to use the Surgeon standard rail action. If you want interchangeable rails with varying degrees of slope, you pretty much need to screw it on.

Did anyone notice the shorter magazine well on the stock , compared to the rifle ?

Later Chris

Hi Guys, I just got off the phone with Ashbury International Group. The first rifle available commercially is won't be available till the first of 2010. They are not taking orders nor are they willing to setup any dealers at this point. They said to just keep checking their website. Dismal. No quote on price either, not even a hint. Oh well, it's one of those things worth waiting for.

Re: Price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell her take the ring off for next photo, so some can have hope. </div></div>

...that is only to discouraage those weak and lacking in determination...

From what I know the availability should be next Jan 2010 and the price for the chassis alone should not be too far from USD 3.000,00 though ,

PP out

The commercial units will be launched at SHOT, expect them to run $1000 to $2500. Center sections will be available for Badger 2008 L/A and S/A, Remington 700 LA/SA, Surgeon S/A and XL, and the TRG-42. The folder will run the cost up, the fixed version will be close to $1k

Cory ,

I did not know there 'll be a fixed stock version ,infact I was just writing about the price of the only version I knew , the folding one , so at this point I suppose that the price of which I wrote here above , USD 3.000 , is quite close to final real one .

That' s not cheap at all but from what I remember I saw at the Ashbury booth during the 2008 SHOT it'll worth the while .

PP out

Actually , the main attraction " I " see with this stock is the use of a 10rd metal mag when in use with the Surgeon XL action in 338LM .
And in the fixed stock version , as the price is crazy for a folder .

What I would like to see would be some one make a metal 10rd CIP 338LM mag , double feed , double stack , ( like the new AI 338 ), to run with the Surgeon XL .

IF this stock is made for the Surgeon, but uses metal AI 5rd mags , I donot see much use for it , as AI will have a 5rd folder for the XL in a few mths , and will be CHEAPER .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Ralph Furley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My camera is not nearly as good because I fall down a lot and spend a lot of time in the water.

vztsw2.jpg
</div></div>

Where can I get one of these stocks for the short action, cant seem to find them anywhere for sale.

Final pricing should be coming to me in a few weeks. Production is underway, they have hired a new sales manager and I hope to be able to post real details soon.

How much does the chassis cost for a short action? Can't find a price. ADT.

At SHOT I was told the Ashbury chassis would become available at the end of April 2010 and the base price would be $1100. I don't believe either is accurate, but it's what I was told. Wait and see, I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uuuuuuuuuu..............rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ok?

Somehow I am afraid this will make the Cheytac look affordble </div></div> I would take a Cheytac.

Just gonna stick with a McRee. People complain about the 1/2" gap in between the grip and trigger. By the looks of the grip its cant backwards. Doesn't look to comfortable for $1100.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No monopod, fully adjustable, full rail, and folding. </div></div>
There is a buttstock option without the monopod, the rail is full length for NV mounting, and they are all folders. Options probably include a different buttstock (I've seen at least three variants), side rails on the forend, and different full-length Picatinny rails for 0, 20,... up to 60 MOA. I can imagine additional options for mounting various bipods, and quick-adjustment knobs or tools for the cheekpiece and so on. IIRC, there are three different cants for the pistol grip available, so those might be options as well.

I've had a bad experience with Ashbury regarding replacement parts, so if they want a winner here they have to be responsive to customers who want these various options. I read somewhere that they have a new sales manager for the SABER, good start!

I think we're gonna have to wait for dealers to emerge later in the year. I can see McMillan as one possibility (since Ashbury makes a version for the Tac-50 barreled action), and GAP offering them for a custom rifle build (George built the Ashbury riles for SHOT).

Any update &/or opinion about that Ashbury rifles and chassis yet ?

PP out

Did you guys find out more on the Ashbury? I'm really interested in one, and posted in another thread, but there's one on Gunbroker right now and I want to know if it's legit. All the pics look authentic.

It's the real deal. The stock has started the production process, ads will appear in Harris publications pretty soon. As soon as I have details of price and delivery, you'll see it here.

I should have price sheets by the weekend. First production units will be Rem SA Mod 0 (fixed, upgradeable to folding) then Rem LA. Surgeon, Badger, TRG-42 will follow shortly after, that's just the center section. Patents applied for have been approved.