• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury Precision Ordnance Sniper's Hide Edition Rifle

Are these going to be ready to ship starting tomorrow, or will there be a wait after its ordered?

They are moving forward, I am sure there will be a bit of a wait, there was a lot of pre-order inquiries, more than 150+ contacted them about the rifles, which none of us expected.

It would probably depend on what you order (specific colors, etc) and where you fall in the order chain.

I don't have mine yet either as February 28th was the date to start the builds, have the engraving finalized, etc.

At the end of the day, you are asking us to forecast the total completed orders and then the shipments based on this forecast.

Will continue to watch the Ashbury Precision site, as the timer is rolling back.

Greetings Sniper’s Hide Members,

On behalf of Sniper’s Hide and Ashbury Precision Ordnance Mfg. we would like to sincerely thank you for your interest in purchasing a Sniper’s Hide Special Edition SABER® M700™ ERT Cross-Over Rifle. This custom rifle build was inspired and designed by Frank Galli aka “LowLight” in collaboration with Ashbury’s Precision Weapons Section.

APO is receiving a large number of inquiries about this precision rifle build project from Hide members across the United States, Europe, and Latin America. The Sniper’s Hide website and social media channels definitely have a global reach! Today we commenced manufacturing the initial production run of twenty-five (25) rifles, with an additional quantity of .308Win and 6.5 Creedmoor barreled actions at the ready. If initial orders exceed the 25 rifles allocated, APO is prepared to increase production as required.

On Tuesday, March 5th, APO will go live with an online website “Configurator” (we did not make this word up) for Sniper’s Hide Special Edition cross-over rifle. We will be sending you this webpage address prior to launch. After numerous telephone conversations with Hide members (and we thank you all for calling) we figured out pretty quickly that if this project takes off as anticipated, we had best come up with an efficient way to educate Hide members about all the semi-custom and custom rifle build options available to them.

The Configurator will tell you the base price of your rifle with all options and accessories, as well as the discounts you receive for being a Hide member. This can be electronically submitted to APO at any time to start your order. Since many of the Hide members we talked with over the past several weeks were in the evening hours, this was especially important for those folks that only have access to the Internet after work hours.

Below please find a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the Sniper’s Hide Special Edition SABER® M700™ ERT cross-over rifle with our answers. If you have a question and it’s not answered on this list please feel free to contact us at any time.

Best Regards & Aim Small to Miss Small,

Matthew Peterson
Production Manager

Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
Sniper's Hide Special Edition SABER® M700™ ERT Cross-Over Rifle

1. Is this rifle simply an off the shelf Remington Model 700 barreled action installed in an Ashbury’s SABER chassis?

NO this rifle was spec’ed by Lowlight based on his extensive experience and needs of Sniper’s Hide precision rifle students Ashbury purchases complete factory new Model 700 barreled actions (e.g. AAC-SD and SPS) from America’s oldest firearms brand Remington. Barreled actions come into APO’s Precision Weapons Section and go through an initial quality inspection and hand-select process.

They then undergo a detailed accurizing process that includes a 40 point technical inspection; disassembly; gauging; deburring, cleanup, polishing and hand work on the action.

The newly accurized barreled action is re-assembled with a new Trigger Tech trigger and set to approximately a 3 lbs pull weight. It is then mounted into a Sniper’s Hide custom configured SABER modular rifle chassis. Each rifle then undergoes a safety function check and then off to the range for acceptance test fire. A final inspection is then conducted prior to packaging and shipment to the FFL.

Ashbury is an authorized Remington Factory Service Center with a dedicated team of Veteran US Marine Corps 2112 Precision Weapons Technicians (Gunsmiths) 2111 Armorer, and proud American engineers, machinists and craftsman.

2. What level of precision can I expect from the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle?

This APO purpose built cross-over rifle is tested to deliver Sub MOA performance in the hands of a user executing the fundamentals of precision rifle marksmanship at 100 yards. Each rifle goes through a quality assurance accuracy test fire of 3 shots at 100 yards using factory match grade ammunition from the prone position using a bipod and rear support from the shoulder. Upon passing test fire the rifle has demonstrated its inherent precision which may improve through the course of the barrel break-in process.

3. Can I purchase the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle in a left-hand configuration?

YES, initially only as High Precision Accuracy Packages. Left hand barreled actions are produced in limited quantities and only a couple times each year so they are subject to availability. They may also have extended delivery times so please inquire with the APO Customer Support Team for availability.

4. Which ammunition does the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle like?

In APO’s experience firing many thousands of rounds of both .308Win and 6.5 Creedmoor in SABER M700 rifles we can say that all of the major brand match grade ammunitions with quality jacketed bullets perform well. These include yet are not limited to Federal Gold Medal Match, RUAG Swiss-P, and Hornady. In 308 the 175gr OTM projectiles provide very good performance at extended ranges and in 6.5 Creedmoor 130gr through 147gr projectiles are equally good.

5. Does the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle come with a warranty?

YES. This APO rifle comes with a limited lifetime warranty for the original purchaser. You can register your rifle at www.SABER-M700.com. We trust that you’ll not encounter any problem with your rifle, however if in the unlikely event you do, please contact us and we’ll do all we can to assist you and get you back out on the firing line.

6. If I encounter an issue with my Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle, who do I contact to help me resolve it?

You can call the APO Customer Support Team M-F 8:30am to 5:30pm EST, or email APO anytime at [email protected]. You will receive a response the next business day or sooner!

7. How long will it take for APO to deliver the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle to gun shop?

Typical delivery for rifles to federally licensed firearms dealers in the standard base rifle configuration is four (4) to six (6) weeks after receipt of order with payment. APO has allocated an initial production run of 25 units which started production on February 28, 2019.

8. Do I receive a discount on my purchase of the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle because I am a Sniper’s Hide member?

YES. Ashbury worked closely with LowLight to price this full-featured “Cross-Over” rifle at a manufacturer direct to consumer price under $2,000. Additionally, accessories and custom riflesmithing are discounted to rifle purchasers.

9. Are there accessories available for the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle?

YES. At the direction of LowLight we have listed the most desirable and popular accessories and upgrades on the rifle build page. If you don’t see what you are looking for please contact us. We will certainly entertain “off menu” requests to the best of our abilities.

10. Does APO offer Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle in different calibers?

YES. The base rifle is available in three primary calibers, .223Rem .308Win and 6.5 Creedmoor.

11. Can I order my Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle with custom features and different caliber?

YES. APO offers special order High Precision Accuracy Packages for the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT Cross-Over rifle in .223Wylde, .224 VALKYRIE, 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47 Lapua, and .308 Winchester. Precision Accuracy Package upgrades provide ½ MOA performance. Delivery time is extended 8 to 12 weeks.

12. Is the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle upgradeable or reconfigurable?

YES. APO precision rifle platforms are completely modular and based on more than 20 modular rifle chassis patents and more than a decade of engineering, human factors modeling, SME & customer input and many thousands of units produced in calibers from .223 to 50BMG.

13. Can I change the shoulder stock mount from a folding to a fixed?

YES. A Fixed Stock Mount can be purchased as an accessory.

14. What ergonomic adjustments can I make to the rifle so that I can share it with my wife, son and daughter?

The Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT Cross-Over rifle uses the Tactically Adjustable SABER shoulder stock. It features all positive locking adjustments to include; Thumb screw-turn buckle Cheek Piece/Comb Height, Length of Pull spacer inserts and push button Recoil Pad Drop (vertical position). Additionally the rifles hand grip has two custom adjustment features; grip to trigger distance and grip angle to fit large and small hands.

15. I also want to hunt hogs and predators with the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle, so. how can I mount a clip-on night vision or thermal weapon sight?

YES. You can purchase an optional 20 MOA one-piece monolithic rail kit. This can be installed by APO at the time of purchase at no additional cost, installed at a later date by the APO Custom Shop or you can have your rifle forend drilled and tapped by a local machinist.

16. How do I attach a bipod to the rifles forend?

The Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle has a bipod stud located on the bottom of the forend and also a 9-slot M-LOK Picatinny rail segment.

17. Can I use my suppressor on this rifle?

YES. The Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT Cross-Over rifle muzzle is threaded 5/8-24. You simply need to carefully remove the muzzle brake.

18. Are there any options to further lighten up this 11 ½ lbs rifle?

YES. You can purchase the optional carbon wrapped barrel in your choice of barrel lengths and you can also purchase two different lighter weight AR/MSR type shoulder stock assemblies.

19. What scope ring height do I need for the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle?

The rifle comes with a 5.5 inch 20 MOA one-piece Picatinny scope base rail. Scope ring height is determined first by rifle scope objective size assuring that a gap is maintained between the end of the optic and forend. Generally speaking for smaller diameter objectives a ring height of 1.125” is a good starting point, and for large objectives (e.g. 56mm) 1.400”. The general rule is to try to stay as low as practically possible (height over bore).

20. Do I need any special tools to maintain the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle?

NO. Simple hand tools are all that is required. A torque wrench is highly recommended (in/lbs) along with a good set of Allen Wrenches with ball ends.

21. Can APO provide external ballistics and load data for the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle?

APO will certainly help, assist and support all of customers, however Lowlight has laid out a plan to share gun data with all of the purchasers to make coming up to speed an easy process. Please send us any questions you have and we’ll do our best to get you a good answer or point you to a source that can help you.

22. Can I upgrade my Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle after purchasing it and shooting it for a while?

YES. We encourage you to take delivery on your rifle and get in some quality trigger time preferably in a Sniper’s Hide Precision Rifle Training Program, or at the annual Sniper’s Hide Cup match. Then when you have some down time arrange to send us your rifle to have the upgrade work performed in APO’s Precision Weapons Section. As a Hide and APO Customer Club Member you can take advantage of your discounts up to 18 months after purchase.

23. Can I put a deposit down on a Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERTrifle and pay for it over time?

We are working on a lay-away plan and should have the details in place by the end of March.

24. How do I order the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT rifle?

Working together with Lowlight we’ve come up with a good process for Sniper’s Hide members to order this semi-custom rifle. We’ve received a lot of inquiries so we want to make sure we are answering everyone’s questions, even if it’s in the wee hours of the night!

1. Get familiar with rifle build spec in the Provisional Data sheet (click here) and the new brochure (click here)

2. Visit BuyTheSnipersHideRifle.com (click here) and use the Rifle Builder to spec out the rifle with all the features you want. The Rifle Builder offers you all the available options and accessories currently available on the Sniper’s Hide Edition SABER M700 ERT Cross-Over Rifle.

3. Fill in the section with your personal information, gun shop/FFL and we will create your sales order.

4. Your sales order and confirmation will be sent to you via secure Echosign email for approval and payment.

5. Digitally sign and return your approved order to Ashbury via email.

6. Contact your FFL ask them if they will receive and transfer your rifle purchase from APO. If yes please request that they send a copy of their FFL reference your name and sales order number to APO via the email address below.

7. Prices reflect cash discounts. Make checks payable to Ashbury International Group Inc. For payment by credit card add 3% and for bank wire transfer a $20 fee.

8. A Lay-Away payment program is being created as a service to Hide members.

9. Your sales order including a copy of your rifle build specifications will have the anticipated ship date for your rifle to your designated FFL.

10. Should you have any questions, please call us or email [email protected]

25. Can I arrange a visit to see my rifle and meet the gunsmiths and armorers before its shipped to my FFL?

YES. We can certainly arrange an appointment and would welcome you to schedule a visit to our Ruckersville Virginia facility. We are always happy to meet our customers!

[QUOTE="Lowlig

25. Can I arrange a visit to see my rifle and meet the gunsmiths and armorers before its shipped to my FFL?

YES. We can certainly arrange an appointment and would welcome you to schedule a visit to our Ruckersville Virginia facility. We are always happy to meet our customers!
[/QUOTE]

I took the tour yesterday, and though my write up was removed, I would encourage a visit as time and travel allow. Morris, Mark, Matthew, and Travis (the company armorer) gave me quite the tour and I learned a LOT.

Reactions: Dirty D
why was the write up removed ?

I dont know, it just disappeared. I thought perhaps you didnt want it interfering with your thread. Reposted below.

I didnt want to intrude on Frank's thread so Im starting a new one for the tour.

Spent a nice afternoon with Morris Matthew, Mark, and Travis the company armorer/gunsmith. Do any of you remember that line from 'The Wizard of Oz' where Dorthy is back in Kansas and says "If I i go looking for my hearts desire again, I wont look any further than my own back yard."? Well, I just learned that about rifles. Ive lived in this neighborhood for 15 years and had heard of Ashbury but had no idea there was such a resource in my own back yard.

Ive got a load of photos Ill have to figure out how to get up here but for now Ill just recap. Ashbury has been around for some 20 years and if what is left of my feeble mind recalls correctly, got their start working with ranging optics mated to gps devices to call in air strikes. As that got taken over by bigger fish, Ashbury moved into precision long range rifles and furniture. What they do is take existing barreled actions, Remington and Savage, and improve them and mount them in their own modular chassis.

Travis showed me some parts taken from a just received Remington 700 and the same parts that had been cleaned and deburred/polished etc. I was surprised to see all the gunk in the out of the box one. So they clean them, polish them and fit them together so they maximize the potential of the machinery. Looking down the barrel of an uncleaned one first I thought it looked pretty good...THEN I looked down a cleaned on and holy shit it was like a different world. With all those little imperfections removed, the grease taken out of the threads etc. it just shoots truer. The analogy I was given is that its like taking your car to the custom shop. You get the same car back but its been maximized.

Then the chassis. The folding stock locks tight...I mean really tight, like no slop at all. Ya'll will be getting an email shortly but the chassis is amazing. Multiple configurations of each section, depending on what you want and how much you want to spend. All the sections are interchangable so you can start with a benchrest stock and then change to a hunting, or 3 gun type stock...and do it yourself. I really liked the multiple grip and adjustable trigger length...I can see how that could really help with the release. Unfortunately I dodnt get to see the Sniper's hide edition as it just went into production today but I did see some of the chassis parts, and an engraved side plate. Got to sit on a stack of 25, about to become, Sniper's Hide rifles.

What Ashbury told me is that Frank wanted a rifle that was 'Range Ready' so he didnt have to spend valuable class time sorting out problems on the students rifles. I do believe theyve acheived that goal. I look forward to seeing the final product before long.

Thats going to do it until I can figure how to down load the photos and a video.

I want to than k Frank for not permanently banning my ass years ago, and congratulate him on making a great choice in Ashbury Precision Ordinance. Without being part of the Hide I would never have had this great afternoon.

I know this could go in the members meet up but thought it might garner more attention here and in the bolt thread as well:

Those who go to the Bolt Action Rifles Thread will know that yesterday I got the honor of a personal tour of Ashbury Precision Ordinance, the outfit which is building the Sniper's Hide Custom rifles for Frank. They are only a stone's throw from my home here in central Virginia. Today, David Myles of APO contacted me asking if there are many Hide members local...APO is interested in having a get together, maybe monthly, for shooters to get together to chat, have coffee, etc. Maybe an occasional shoot somewhere.

I dont really know how to make a list so Im open to suggestions. I guess anyone interested can notify me and Ill pass the names on to David. I know there are a few of us but I think Zen Biker has moved.

@Maggot

Make a new post and include your pictures as far as I know we did not delete anything and most of the mods will soft delete so I can see it

If you need help let me know, when I spoke to Morris today he mentioned you being there and said you had a lot of information so pass it along

Mine

@Maggot

Make a new post and include your pictures as far as I know we did not delete anything and most of the mods will soft delete so I can see it

If you need help let me know, when I spoke to Morris today he mentioned you being there and said you had a lot of information so pass it along

Will do. I was really impressed that Morris, the CEO, took time to give me the tour. Fine bunch of guys there. Ill get on the photos.

Looks like the roll out didn't happen today.

The Roll Out is happening, it is live we are just going through it, but the new site is up, it will be fully live tonight at 9 PM EST

@Davo308 ye of little faith, there is a lot to coordinate to make sure stuff works, so we were doing a run through to make sure everything is correct. But it is live, just we are damage checking the site to make sure the order form is functioning correctly as you can spec a bunch of different options

Online configuration tool used and submitted to sales.

I opted for the 6.5 creedmore in OD green. :p

The configuration site is LIVE:

https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance.net/sh-rifle-config-tool

My honest feedback is I'm struggling with the price increase on the accuracy improvement packages. While i could care less about an MOA guarantee it just is hard to purchase a “less accurate” version.

If I'm reading this right the both the 3/4 or the 1/2 MOA upgrade includes a blueprinted action along with a barrel upgrade to 416R Stainless from the otherwise steel chrome lined barrel? Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the two options ( Package 1 and Package II)?

@Lowlight do you know if APO intends to offer this setup for sale long term (ie for more than a couple months)?

@Lowlight do you know if APO intends to offer this setup for sale long term (ie for more than a couple months)?
I was curious to know the same thing. I planned to order one tonight right at the release in 6.5CM but......I totally bought a turnkey .300WM last night in the PX that was an awesome deal. So I’m stuck in limbo for a little bit.

• Haha
Reactions: TriggerReed357
Its not working on mobile devices. What are the cost and details of the two accuracy upgrades?

Its not working on mobile devices. What are the cost and details of the two accuracy upgrades?

AS of 3/5/2019 @ 11:13 PM EST the accuracy upgrades are as follows:

Sniper's Hide SABER M700 Base Rifle (discounted price shown)*
[[ .308Win or 6.5CM ]] Hand selected Remington Model 700 SPS AAC-SD barreled action which is inspected, gauged, hand worked and accurized with a Trigger Tech trigger set to 3lbs. Includes the SABER MRCS-AR modular rifle chassis which is lightweight, low maintenance and needs no epoxy bedding to achieve sub-MOA accuracy. Includes the ergonomic, modular, Tactically Adjustable Shoulder Stock (TASS), with a double locking, tension adjustable, folding hinge. Also includes a modular octagonal aluminum hand guard which features M-LOK®. Includes a left hand option which is based on availability. (Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery from time of payment.)
$ 1,950.00

Convertible Caliber/Barrel ¾ MOA Accuracy Package - I*
[[ .260 Rem, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, or .308Win ]] This package adds to the Sniper's Hide base rifle. It includes bolt action receiver trued and blueprinted, deburred, polished, lapped, 416R Stainless Steel, medium contour, match chamber, convertible barrel installed, barrel nut & wrench, and muzzle threaded 5/8-24 with thread protector. Choice of barrel length & fluting. 5-shot group precision. Includes a left hand option which is based on availability. (Allow 8-12 weeks for delivery from time of payment.)
$ 689.00

High Precision ½ MOA Package - II*
[[ .260 Rem, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor, or .308Win ]] This package adds to the Sniper's Hide base rifle. It includes bolt action receiver trued and blueprinted, deburred, polished, lapped, 416R Stainless Steel, medium Palma contour, match chamber, muzzle threaded 5/8-24 with thread protector cap. Choice of barrel length & fluting. 5-shot group precision. Includes a left hand option which is based on availability. (Allow 8-12 weeks for delivery from time of payment.)
$ 850.00

.223 Wylde High Precision ½ MOA Accuracy Package - III*
[[ .223 Wylde which chambers .223Rem/5.56mm NATO ]] This package adds to the Sniper's Hide base rifle. It includes bolt action receiver trued and blueprinted, deburred, polished, lapped, 416R Stainless Steel, light Palma contour, match chamber, muzzle threaded 1/2-28 with thread protector cap. Choice of barrel length & fluting. 5-shot group precision. Includes a left hand option which is based on availability. (Allow 8-12 weeks for delivery from time of payment.)
$ 1,411.00

.224 VALKYRIE High Precision ½ MOA Accuracy Package - IV*
[[ .224 VALKYRIE ]] This package adds to the Sniper's Hide base rifle. It includes bolt action receiver trued and blueprinted, deburred, polished, lapped, 416R Stainless Steel, light Palma contour, match chamber, muzzle threaded 1/2-28 with thread protector cap. Choice of barrel length & fluting. 5-shot group precision. Includes a left hand option which is based on availability. (Allow 8-12 weeks for delivery from time of payment.)
$ 1,411.00

For you mobile only people, here is what I can see from the details when you go through the forms.

Sniper's Hide SABER M700 Base Rifle
*.308 or 6.5CM only
*Fixed barrel length - Heavy Contour Hammer Forged - 22" (6.5CM) or 20" (.308) - FIXED LENGTH - NO CHOICE once you pick your caliber.

Convertible Caliber/Barrel ¾ MOA Accuracy Package - I* ($689)
*Additional Caliber options (6.5x47 Lapua, 6mm CM, .260 Rem or .308 / 6.5CM
*Get to pick 416R SS barrel length 20",22" or 24" for any above caliber.
*Optional Barrel Fluting - 7 straight flutes ($145 optional add on)

High Precision ½ MOA Package - II* ($850)
*Additional Caliber options (6.5x47 Lapua, 6mm CM, .260 Rem or .308 / 6.5CM
*Get to pick 416R SS barrel length - 16.5", 18", 20",22" or 24" for any above caliber.
*Optional Barrel upgrade - Premium Proof Research 416R Stainless Steel Match Grade Carbon Wrapped Sendero Light Contour ($675)
*Optional Barrel upgrade - Premium Proof Research 416R Stainless Steel Match Grade Carbon Wrapped Sendero Contour ($675)
*Optional Barrel Fluting 416R only - 7 straight flutes ($145 optional add on)

I'm still a bit interested in if you go package I or Package 2 with the 416R in a 22" 6.5CM what do I get extra my $161 difference other than 1/4 MOA better guarantee.

The Roll Out is happening, it is live we are just going through it, but the new site is up, it will be fully live tonight at 9 PM EST

View attachment 7037591

@Davo308 ye of little faith, there is a lot to coordinate to make sure stuff works, so we were doing a run through to make sure everything is correct. But it is live, just we are damage checking the site to make sure the order form is functioning correctly as you can spec a bunch of different options

Beautiful rifle, congratulations to you and Ashbury on a job well done.

If I'm reading this right the both the 3/4 or the 1/2 MOA upgrade includes a blueprinted action along with a barrel upgrade to 416R Stainless from the otherwise steel chrome lined barrel? Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the two options ( Package 1 and Package II)?

Package 1 mentions it comes with a "convertible barrel installed, barrel nut & wrench", I read that as a remage.
Package 2 mentions only mentions the barrel so I am going to assume it is a shouldered barrel?

Reactions: Weatherby_Eyebrow
I would not get too worried about the accuracy, the upgrades will give you a better barrel, but the base model is good.

This is a factory Remington barreled action. it gets cleaned up, and will definitely shoot under a minute. If you want to go with a different barrel and have the receiver worked over in more detail you upgrade.

The remage barrel is very good, the 18" 6.5CM I shoot in a lot of the videos is a 700 with a remage barrel. So yes, you can go that route or a full custom which is why you have the accuracy packages.

Also know there is a discount, when you put an item into the cart there will be a retail value and the discounted value. So the listed price is discounted a bit from the list.

We wanted to offer options, we wanted to make it easy for the end user to make one stop and be good. So consider this just offering people options. I am shooting the factory option and not an upgraded one.

Package 1 mentions it comes with a "convertible barrel installed, barrel nut & wrench", I read that as a remage.
Package 2 mentions only mentions the barrel so I am going to assume it is a shouldered barrel?

I think this brings up a good point, since I'm probably in the target audience for this rifle the language needs to be simplified down to help at least give me something to research. I'm just getting into long range shooting, signed up for a class and now I need a rifle. I've never had anything except and off the shelf bolt action for hunting and never come close to shooting out a barrel so I've never looked at the work required to fit one with lathe vs. no machining necessary. I had no idea what a remage barrel was until you posted the term here (Thank you) and I looked it up. If this is the case based on your assumptions this does help quantify the cost increase.

Oh,

this is not a limited edition thing, but demand will determine the value of APO keeping this going.

But as far as timing, it's open, the prices are set, and we have no intentions of pulling this in the near future.

Reactions: t8500shx
I would not get too worried about the accuracy, the upgrades will give you a better barrel, but the base model is good.

This is a factory Remington barreled action. it gets cleaned up, and will definitely shoot under a minute. If you want to go with a different barrel and have the receiver worked over in more detail you upgrade.

The remage barrel is very good, the 18" 6.5CM I shoot in a lot of the videos is a 700 with a remage barrel. So yes, you can go that route or a full custom which is why you have the accuracy packages.

Also know there is a discount, when you put an item into the cart there will be a retail value and the discounted value. So the listed price is discounted a bit from the list.

We wanted to offer options, we wanted to make it easy for the end user to make one stop and be good. So consider this just offering people options. I am shooting the factory option and not an upgraded one.

Thank you, it's easy to get caught up in the details. I guess just like golf I really don't want to be the guy with a high end set of clubs that can't hit the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
The package is:

Base Rifle is a Factory Remington Barreled Action

Accuracy Package One uses a Remage barrel with a barrel nut.

Accuracy Package Two uses a barrel fitted to the receiver

Do you need the accuracy upgrades, not unless you were planning on competing with it, and even then in a 6.5CM configuration I would use the rifle with the factory barrel, get 2000 rounds through it and change it after. This would give you the best bang for the buck. If you want the very best then get the max accuracy package.

If you want a simple upgrade to a better barrel than the Remington factory barrel go with the basic upgrade.

I believe the accuracy packages are the only way to get the lefty, as the configuration page only has lefty as an option in these packages, as stated in the emails from APO.

No you can order a lefty without the upgrade, it's just a different barreled action

Remington calls it something different, it's not the AAC 700, it's called something else in a lefty

Ok. I’ll talk to APO when I’m home, so I don’t screw something up with the order. Thanks LL.

After you fill out the form they call you in 1 business day to confirm and go over all of it anyway (according to the form). There is also an option at the end for "special requests" I would just mention lefty there also.

For those of you that are concerned about accuracy...I bought the Cabela's version of this in 6,5 Creedmoor with factory Remington action and barrel. It will definitely shoot under MOA and I wouldn't be afraid to compete with it.

Reactions: Davo308

View attachment 7037591

Love the "old school" Swarovski LRF!

After placing my order online last night, APO got right back to me and confirmed the order. Funds sent.

Now comes the wait, and research on optics and ammo.