• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury Precision Ordnance Sniper's Hide Edition Rifle

I had to go black with the Bazooka green. In my opinion while all the colors look good the black and green just looked "right". I like the idea of the black accents. My schmidt is black, so is my can. Even my can cover is already green with grey straps. I guess it fits my style.

As I mentioned before I'm taking PR1 this year at MH with Mike and Frank. I have a JP Lrp-007 that I am torn about taking the class with. While it's my dream rifle I didn't want the semi to hold me back. I wanted to focus on my core fundamentals and not worry about driving the semi correctly.

I had to go black with the Bazooka green. In my opinion while all the colors look good the black and green just looked "right". I like the idea of the black accents. My schmidt is black, so is my can. Even my can cover is already green with grey straps. I guess it fits my style.

As I mentioned before I'm taking PR1 this year at MH with Mike and Frank. I have a JP Lrp-007 that I am torn about taking the class with. While it's my dream rifle I didn't want the semi to hold me back. I wanted to focus on my core fundamentals and not worry about driving the semi correctly.

Very nice. Please let us know how the gun runs for you in the class, and how you liked the class.

Ephram

I picked up my rifle, and while I am not using a pic rail, I did add the HRD RRS Rail for it.

I removed the sling stud and added the MLOK Rail system to it.

You can easily remove the stud and use the hole with the nut attached to the stud.

But I have 3 mounts in place, two back and one forward in the stud space.

This is probably just an optical illusion but what's going on here? The photo makes it look like something/someone bit a chunk out of the scope.

View attachment 7071216
Ha ha! That's the QA sticker that they put on the Nightforce scopes. But you are right, it does look like Frank took a bite out of it! :)

Here's another picture of the QA sticker.

Just noticed on the pic above. The APO scope rail doesn’t have a recoil lug? Probably not a big deal but it would make me feel better..

We used one in the class this weekend.

Student had a rifle that was giving us weird results so I let him use the APO Rifle for the 3 day class we had.

Performed flawless the student was shooting sub 5/8 out of the box with factory ammo. For the most part he was on Mike's side of the line but we did a couple of end of drill comps with the field and I know he cleaned the KYL at 400 in a 14 MPH Wind, so being able to not worry about the rifle system and learn definitely helped.

I didn't take any images

We used one in the class this weekend.

Student had a rifle that was giving us weird results so I let him use the APO Rifle for the 3 day class we had.

Performed flawless the student was shooting sub 5/8 out of the box with factory ammo. For the most part he was on Mike's side of the line but we did a couple of end of drill comps with the field and I know he cleaned the KYL at 400 in a 14 MPH Wind, so being able to not worry about the rifle system and learn definitely helped.

I didn't take any images
Was that at Taylors place??

Me too. I have the bipod, scope and ammo all ready to go.

Looking forward to developing a load and running the gun through it's paces.

Ephram M.

What scope and bipod did you go with?

Im picking mine up tommorow.

What scope and bipod did you go with?

Im picking mine up tommorow.

I got the Revolution bipod, and a Vortex Razor scope in a Spuhr mount.

I also asked APO to put the ASR muzzle brake on the gun, so I can later mount my Omega suppressor if I wanted to.

Really excited about this rifle. Hope to one day make it to one of Frank’s classes to really learn how to run the gun.

Ephram M.

Reactions: Davo308
I got the Revolution bipod, and a Vortex Razor scope in a Spuhr mount.

I also asked APO to put the ASR muzzle brake on the gun, so I can later mount my Omega suppressor if I wanted to.

Really excited about this rifle. Hope to one day make it to one of Frank’s classes to really learn how to run the gun.

Ephram M.

lol I had an ASR shipped directly to them as well!!!

Reactions: E.Maker
Anxious to see some field reports... I'm really wanting one of these in sniper grey, chambered in 6.5. But so many toys on my list to buy...

Just got a call from APO that my rifle has been tested, and will likely be shipping to me soon.

I am greatly looking forward to running this gun!

They also sent me a pic of the test target. 0.5 MOA.

Ephram M.

Last edited:
Is this the "STANDARD" version...? or one of the other models??

This is the Standard version. No upgrades.

I must say, dealing with APO was amazing. They answered all my questions, kept me up to date on the status of my rifle, and have simply been one of the best companies I have ever dealt with.

I am very impressed. A gun that was spec'd out by Frank himself. Built by a company with outstanding service, quality, and guarantee of future upgradeability and support.

I don't work for them.

Ephram M

Last edited:
Able to get behind one this weekend, very nice setup, everything able to be adjusted

Again I used the APO rifle in class to help a student,

The shooter came with a lever action 30-06 hunting rifle, which is less than optimal. Rather than go that way I suggested he use my APO and just replace the Ammo. His first group was easily 1/2 MOA and jus a few tenths off center so he was in the game really quick.

He got to work on the fundamentals and at the end of class took his 30-06 out and got two great hit with it at 600 then went to 1k and got his hits there. After he said, how miserable it would have been to shoot the hunting rifle.

This rifle makes life easier

Again I used the APO rifle in class to help a student,

The shooter came with a lever action 30-06 hunting rifle, which is less than optimal. Rather than go that way I suggested he use my APO and just replace the Ammo. His first group was easily 1/2 MOA and jus a few tenths off center so he was in the game really quick.

He got to work on the fundamentals and at the end of class took his 30-06 out and got two great hit with it at 600 then went to 1k and got his hits there. After he said, how miserable it would have been to shoot the hunting rifle.

This rifle makes life easier
If you can bring Your APO to the WI class at the end of August I would really like to check it out.
Thanks!
DW

Hey guys just wanted to jump on and give you some updates we made a mistake on the SABER Chassis manual that is included with you Sniper's Hide training rifle. We accidentally printed a older version of the manual that did not have the TASS shoulder stock adjustments listed. Check out the attached file that has the excerpt form the new manual that has all 3 butt-Stocks adjustment instructions. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

We have a few rifles that are shipping this week and another batch next week!!

Attachments

• SABER_FORSST Modular Rifle Chassis System Manual Excerpt SHR.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • 20190530_122500.jpg
    20190530_122500.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 20190530_114015.jpg
    20190530_114015.jpg
    579.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 20190530_113945.jpg
    20190530_113945.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 20190530_113937.jpg
    20190530_113937.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 197
Hey guys just wanted to jump on and give you some updates we made a mistake on the SABER Chassis manual that is included with you Sniper's Hide training rifle. We accidentally printed a older version of the manual that did not have the TASS shoulder stock adjustments listed. Check out the attached file that has the excerpt form the new manual that has all 3 butt-Stocks adjustment instructions. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

We have a few rifles that are shipping this week and another batch next week!!

Mine is in this batch I think. 3rd from the right, OD green. Looks like mine had the “worst” test target - and that was 0.5 MOA. I can deal with that.

I might just have to order another.

Ephram.

Did you have an asr installed on your rifle too??
Mine is in this batch I think. 3rd from the right, OD green. Looks like mine had the “worst” test target - and that was 0.5 MOA. I can deal with that.

I might just have to order another.

Ephram.

the Test Target on mine looked about the same, (Mine is a stock Remmy version not a special build) and yesterday I shot this,

It's 4 rounds because I chickened out in the Mirage, guys were shooting 5/8th or better with it during the classes.

Then Matthew sent me this, where Jeremiah did not chicken out on the test target groups

I would not sweat it, they are working great

My only question is actually about the Rail? I have a S&B 5-25 pmii mounted in a Spurh cantilever mount that I want to bring over to this rifle for class. Do you think it will fit on the rail? It looks pretty tight with your setup! I may have to call Mike if not ;)

opps!!!! I guess that would be needed info!! To be honest I don't know!!! I told Mike I was putting it on my JP he told me what I needed, I gave him the CC info!!!! done deal.

It is on a monolithic setup LRP-007. But I should of known better.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyFishing701
Did you have an asr installed on your rifle too??

Yes, I asked APO to put on the ASR brake that I sent to them. While I could have done it myself, I think it is always better to have the pro's do it.

I was going to go with my Surefire SOCOM, but went with the ASR instead.

Should be delivered to me next week. I'll post some pics, and then work up some loads. Can't wait.

Ephram

I got to admit I can't wait for mine to show up!! They told me it may ship this week, I'm pretty stoked.

Great looking rifles. Also really like the price point. Just for discussions sake how would this compare to something like MPA's production rifle?

Hey guys we are working on a social media post about what we have been working on with "Lowlight"! Link up with the Peterson Cartridge Company on developing .308Win and 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition that provides optimal performance in the Sniper's Hide Special Edition SABER M700 Extended Range Tactical Rifles (www.snipers-hide-rifle.com). While the final cartridge configuration is about to be finalized the 6.5CM ammo we've been testing uses Hornady's 140gr ELD and the 308Win is using the Sierra 175gr Tipped Sierra Match King projectiles.

Well guys, I think the folks over at Peterson have nailed it for the 6.5 Creedmoor. We are seeing excellent groups with ES and SD's that are tightening up nicely! Muzzle velocity on this batch of ammo was 2,844 fps in a new 22" factory barrel, not broken-in. Very soon you'll be able buy off-the-shelf Peterson match grade ammunition from APO that will provide exceptional levels of accuracy in your Sniper's Hide Special Edition Rifle...this of course if the shooter does his/her job!! Stay tuned for more on the .308Win ammo!

This APO customer is going to be really, really thrilled his new rifle and this 5-shot acceptance group... Trusted To Make It Better!

Attachments

• Snipers Hide Rifle Peterson Ammo Testing.jpg
    Snipers Hide Rifle Peterson Ammo Testing.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Lumbeejake