• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Assault" rifle prices since Newtown

Re: "Assault" rifle prices since Newtown

Wake up everybody who thinks that giving up a little more won't be too bad. All we have been doing is giving up a little here and there, and that is why we are here now. The government has an agenda. They are not trying to protect the people from the people, but the government from the people. Keep giving up our liberties bit by bit, we are playing right into their hands as they expect that we will.

Enough BIG government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As I said I don't expect everybody to buy top of the line security but at least a half assed attempt would be a step in the right direction. I also don't support .gov coming into a home to check on firearm storage but I have nothing to hide so I wouldn't object if they requested. </div></div>

I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this:
What <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> expect from the country's gun owners is of no consequence. Since <span style="text-decoration: underline">you</span> are not writing, negotiating or passing those laws, your opinion only matters on election day. Unfortunately, it may be too late for that. All I can hope for is gridlock until mid-term elections and the balance of power be changed in a "pro-firearm" manner.

Secondly, if you think the government will be happy with a 10-gauge metal locker with a desk drawer key lock on it, you're delusional. It will have to be something "theft proof", and as someone who has worked in the steel industry all my adult life, a simple 10-gauge metal locker can be defeated in minutes, not to mention picked up and carried out the door by two men.

I will say it once more: there is a problem in our country. It cannot be solved by gun bans, magazine bans or gun lockers in homes. Are gun safes/lockers good, ABSOLUTELY. Should they, or any other type of product you HAVE to buy be mandated by the government, NO.

I'm telling you, some gun owners are willing to take it up the pooper because LESS THAN HALF A DOZEN <span style="text-decoration: underline">board-certified lunatics</span> kill people every year. I cannot believe untold millions of people are willing to give up their rights over the actions of 4 or 5 people.....and yes, whether you think it is or not, being forced to buy a gun safe (or any other protective measure) is giving up your rights.....because your right is "<span style="text-decoration: underline">un-infringed</span> firearm ownership". Here's a CRAZY idea: how about we should somehow find a way to keep guns out of the hands of certified lunatics.

Novel idea, I know.

The problem here is good, honest, well-meaning people like you believe that our government is staffed and run by good, honest, well-meaning people. I hate to break it to you, but it is not. Are there good ones in Washington, sure there are. However, it unfortunately seems that the lunatics get the most air time and are given the most credence....and the "good ones" end up caving in to shut the lunatics up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2brothers641</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They know exactly what you bought if you buy multiple handguns with in 5 days. Otherwise, they don't know, or aren't suppose to know, what you purchased.</div></div>

All they have to do is throw language into some new bill that requires those 4473 records be handed over to the BATFE or other Fed dept. You can count on them to do that.

Give up constitutional right willingly!
OK FOLKS HERE IT IT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WE OFFICIALLY HAVE SNIPERS HIDE'S STUPIDEST THREAD!
Guys at BARF know better that this stupidity!

Safes yeah that wiill fix it..thats all they want...
BAHaAAAAAa HAaaaaaaaaaa.HAAAAAAAAAA.

Division of ranks.....Check this step is complete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CASDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon,

I thought about this, and the best way I could think of was a tax credit to the purchaser, for those who purchase a gun safe.

Color me simple sometimes.</div></div>

Thereby potentially forcing a tax paying, non-gun owning person to foot the bill for that person. Treading into "redistribution of wealth" issues here. </div></div>

And what does every cent of an average American tax go to?

There is a lot of BS that everyone in this country pays for.

A tax credit that might turn a $2000 dollar safe into a $1500 safe seems like the one of the more reasonable things that could come down off of the Hill. Even a $50 safe with a 50% tax credit at $25 would still provide more security than a plastic gun case.

I can't see the "redistribution of wealth" in there. Is that like the government giving people free cell phones, or is it like the government giving over $100,000 to a guy who can't stop getting women pregnant?

Maybe someone hacked his account.....
I find it hard to believe that any gun owner would still be thinking that this was the answer. How about we just keep our guns at the sherriffs office and go sign them out if we wanted to use them, for legitimate hunting purposes only?

Well said. Ask the surviving jews of Nazi Germany. It's just a number, then its to the gettos, then its to the gas chambers. Ask the native americans if you can trust the government as they were slottered and put on reservations.

It's going to take 80 million gun owners marching on Washington to stop this continued attack on our freedoms. Just like our forefathers did to Britain

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litehiker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wondering, regarding my reply above, how many are OK with federally mandated gun safes? </div></div>
I just wanna know how a gun owner/shooter votes for obama??? Now that's a hell of a question huh?
1. Anti gun
2. Pro Abortion
3. Anti- murder (do these 2 conflict a lil?) Don't give a crap how or when a child is aborted, "IT'S MURDER!!!
4. Raise taxes on middle class
5. let Gov. handle health care. They can't handle shit.
Im like my ole man says (85yo) "I didn't leave the Dem. they left us loooong ago"
I don't believe the 2nd Amendment says we have the right to bear single shot, bolt or full auto. ARMS period. We are as close to being a commi nation as anytime in our lives.

After reading this thread some of the replies have me scared. There are members here who have no clue I can not believe some of the crap they are OK with WTF? If so called gun people have these screwed up views of our right to bear arms we are all fked If they are not willing to fight this BS that government is trying to pass then who else can we turn to? The non gun owner sure as hell is not going to fight for what I thought all of us on here believed in! Pretty disappointing.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JGrelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As to requiring gun safes I absolutely support it. I don't think they should be allowed to peak inside but I would have no problem allowing LE to see my safe. No pictures, no writing down info, but you can look at it.

I know a lot of gun owners, even for living in the liberal are that I do. I only know a few people that have gun safes besides myself. A number of these friends have AR's, some of them own several, and most of them don't even try to hide them in the house. I think it's absolutely stupid to not at least have a basic RSC and make an attempt at not allowing your guns to be stolen. Even a cheap metal cabinet would prevent a fair amount of thefts.

The bubbas are some of the worst. I can't tell you how many peoples houses I've been in that have a wood gun cabinet with a glass door. Most of the time these cabinets are sitting in their living room right next to a window on the main floor that can be easily seen from the driveway or street at night when the lights are on. I personally know one dumbass with this exact setup that had his guns stolen. His cabinet could be seen from the street. Somebody broke in mid day and broke the glass on the cabinet with the same rock they broke the window to enter the house with.

I don't think requiring an adequate storage container is too much to ask especially considering the other options. In fact I support it. I don't think they should require everybody to have a TL rated safe but at minimum a well secured metal cabinet or even a job box designed for tools would do wonders.</div></div>

How arrogant & naive can you possibly be? You have no problem with more govt regulation & more burdens on law abiding gun owners, you may as well bow down to your master & lick their boots? When does it stop?
The gun grabbers surely aren't going to stop till we are completely disarmed, give an inch they will take a mile!
Wake the fuck up! </div></div>

Did I hit a nerve?

Requiring adequate gun storage is not too much to ask. It's a responsibility gun owners should take upon themselves but most don't. Look at how many stolen guns are used in crimes. It's a solution to the real problem unlike any sort of a ban. If somebody is too cheap to spend a few hundred bucks to keep their guns under reasonable control when they're not home then fuck em. In this day an age simply locking your door and setting an alarm is not a way to deny access to firearms, it should be buts it's not. You shouldn't have to deny access but that's the world we live in and I don't see it changing unless some serious shit goes down.

People who think keeping their guns locked up when not in use (shooting them or carrying them) is too much to ask are the only ones that are naive. </div></div>

I'll take 2 48 gun FatBoys, for what did you say a few hundred dollars? SOLD! $300 is a few, so I owe you $600 for the 2. What's s&h? free? Send em.
Seriously man. 1:30 AM some 275lb MURDERER breaks through your window in your bedroom. "Uhh hold on, all my guns are locked up lemme grab one, before you rape my wife and kill my children and me. Uhhm Please? Get REAL people. The old saying of "Give em an inch and they'll take a mile" didn't just surface. DON'T BUDGE. Use Common sense, God gave it to you for a reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading this thread some of the replies have me scared. There are members here who have no clue I can not believe some of the crap they are OK with WTF? If so called gun people have these screwed up views of our right to bear arms we are all fked If they are not willing to fight this BS that government is trying to pass then who else can we turn to? The non gun owner sure as hell is not going to fight for what I thought all of us on here believed in! Pretty disappointing.....
</div></div>
AMEN! If people with a tad of common sense would look back through history, and see what's happened. What's the song's name? You gotta stand for something, or you'll FALL for anything. Yea that's it. My Dad always told me Stand Up, and be a Man. That red in the flag should show you the blood people have shed for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litehiker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Those of you who think I will PERMIT the Feds. to "buy Back" any of my firearms haven't read my opinion in my initial post that says "people" (me included) would bury "illegal" (i.e "buy back) firearms deep and in a good PVC pipe setup. I do mean that and I WILL sit in jail if it comes to that when I can't (won't) produce them for the Feds.</div></div>

You're already PERMITTING them to tell you that safes are required. What's one more step? Have fun sitting in jail, while the rest of us are actually doing something useful. Bury firearms?? NO. If its time to bury them, then its time to use them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litehiker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All I am saying is that a mandatory gun safe law is something that would go a long way to help our cause AND protect our firearms from criminals and the mentally unbalanced. You can also bury any you don't want to keep in a safe. Your option. </div></div>

So, you'll sit in jail and bury your guns... Why do you even own any now?

To those of you who will not give one inch on any gun safety matter you will certainly be damn disappointed when many Republican lawmakers help vote them into law. </div></div>

You're still playing the Rs VS Ds game. You just don't understand. Its not political. Its non-negotiable. Period.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading this thread some of the replies have me scared. There are members here who have no clue I can not believe some of the crap they are OK with WTF? If so called gun people have these screwed up views of our right to bear arms we are all fked If they are not willing to fight this BS that government is trying to pass then who else can we turn to? The non gun owner sure as hell is not going to fight for what I thought all of us on here believed in! Pretty disappointing.....
</div></div>

I think its called cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Hopefully there is no legislation passed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragbag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You really think they care about a few jobs? </div></div>

No they do not, they already let them all get sent over seas, this country is slowly going down the tubes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I lost all of my guns when my boat sank, sucks.... but at least I have my bow and arrow.

I think they'll create a list with everything under the sun to be banned knowing only a fraction of what they ask for will be implemented. The things I think will approved are more in depth back ground checks, no more gun sales at gun shows, no more private gun sales, possibly no more on-line ammo sales as everything will have to be bought through an FFL. It's too costly and too dangerous to come for peoples firearms. The gov't knows they don't have the support of the police and the troops to do this. Some will follow suit but most will have zero interest in following such an order from someone they have no respect for especially when it means disarming their own friends and family only to be disarmed themselves when they are no longer in that govt. position. If ammo and powder are twice the price and if lowers are now to become registered NFA items, this will demolish the gun industry. Getting people to register their already owned weapons won't happen but moving forward making the ability to purchase a weapon will be 3 times as hard and as expensive and the ability to actually shoot ammo from that weapon will be 3 times as expensive. Of course this just my own 2 cents so hopefully none of this will come to fruition. </div></div>

Yeah I hope our gov't is smart enough to remember what truly started the American Revolution, it was the Brits coming over to try and take away our guns that was the breaking point

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coanan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Well said. Ask the surviving jews of Nazi Germany. It's just a number, then its to the gettos, then its to the gas chambers. Ask the native americans if you can trust the government as they were slottered and put on reservations.

It's going to take 80 million gun owners marching on Washington to stop this continued attack on our freedoms. Just like our forefathers did to Britain </div></div>

I think some forget the reasons why we are the USA and not the US of Britain