• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Assuming they'll ever be in stock and legal again, which AR pistol?

Something to consider is how to secure the firearm in the vehicle when you aren’t in it. Obviously the Milwaukee box doesn’t scream firearm but its a target for a thief. Also the HK sp5 hasn’t been mentioned yet and would fit the requirements.

That there looks to be an SBR configuration, not a pistol configuration. Unless I'm mistaken, or it actually exceeds 26" which then means might as well have a rifle?
That is the LMT Pistol, not SBR. It has a brace and not a stock. It is slightly longer than 26" but it is still classified as a pistol. With a length of over 26" you can add a vertical foregrip, less than 26" you cannot. This model has an 11.5" barrel.

I pulled the trigger on a Seekins CQ PDW Tuesday! I'm told an eight week backlog. Check out the brace, if you are interested! Good Luck, you may be waiting a while!

Something to consider is how to secure the firearm in the vehicle when you aren’t in it. Obviously the Milwaukee box doesn’t scream firearm but its a target for a thief. Also the HK sp5 hasn’t been mentioned yet and would fit the requirements.
My tools come in to work with me everyday and the case will come in the house at night.

I have three XCRs. I like all of them. I have never had a jam with them. The pistol is loud as fuck, but it’s a 7.5” barrel. I like them a lot and I never had any problems with them or the company. Have always been able to get stuff from them easily. That said if you look around the web a lot of people dislike the owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: gunjunkie45
I really like my scorpion. Fits in a backpack and lives in my truck. Also have a SBR 556. I really like that as well. Some top choices have been listed above already that you’d be very happy with
01422081-603C-4379-A1CF-F76782EE30F6.jpeg
6375542B-DA97-4F2B-B9F6-29E8A5751F13.jpeg

I have three XCRs. I like all of them. I have never had a jam with them. The pistol is loud as fuck, but it’s a 7.5” barrel. I like them a lot and I never had any problems with them or the company. Have always been able to get stuff from them easily. That said if you look around the web a lot of people dislike the owner.
Do you know what the length is when folded?

I just ordered a Robinson XCR from Brownell's. On sale for $1799. $1900 with tax and shipping. Hopefully their inventory is correct and it was actually in stock.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Really liking my CZ Bren 2 11" 556 so far. Shoots smooth, seems well made. Poor mans SCAR. Can set it up as a folder. I'm keeping it as a pistol for the same reason as OP. I don't want another restricted gun. If you are going to run a can, a bit of a PITA as there is only adverse, normal, and a closed setting on the gas block selector. I drilled out my "closed" position so it runs smooth with a can but it's a bitch to drill a hole that small, 1/32".

Was playing with the Saint 556 (edge I believe) at my local gun shop a little bit ago. Very nice compact AR pistol

CZ scorpion is really damn hard to beat for throw in the truck bring on the apocalypse. Suppressed its a dream I would take it 10-1 over any AR pistol if I actually had to use it.

I LOVE mine. Toyed around with the Sig Copperhead it was fun but still like the CZ better.

congrats on the XCR ! I used to have an earluy rifle and loved it.
I was going to say try one of these nigh indestructible buggers:
VOrP9d.jpg

That said, if your wife works in a secure facility, take along the kids and a couple of bottles of wine and hunker down with her

I'd prefer to stay towards the upper end of my budget... I like pretty expensive things that go bang. My other ARs are KAC's and Noveske. Jumping down to something that costs $700 seems counter intuitive for something I might bet the farm on.
If your only looking for a “truck gun” the PSA type route is a good one. It’s not like your taking on the taliban in the sandbox and firing tens of thousands of rounds with it. Take that extra money and buy ammo and mags along with a good med kit. Just my .02

Pistols I've considered: Zevtech, Barret, Noveske, and Maxim
Don't waste your money on that shit. Its all overpriced gucci gear. If your going to drop $2K, buy a KAC lower and slap on a KAC 11.5 in upper and pistol brace.

Get a BCM 11.5 ELW upper with rail of your choice. $700
Get a BCM Pistol Lower of your choice. $800
Add an Aimpoint pro $440
Add a G2S Trigger $160

Basically this: https://dsgarms.com/ar-rifles-bcm-pistol-610-850-elw-sba-blk

If you are having trouble finding shit in stock, check out DSG Duty Grade

PSA are range toys , don't trust your life to that crap.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
I just ordered a Robinson XCR from Brownell's. On sale for $1799. $1900 with tax and shipping. Hopefully their inventory is correct and it was actually in stock.

Maybe you got the last one. Now shows "no longer deliverable by the factory."

Hope the current Robinson Armament is not under same ownership/management that fucked me out of my recalled M96 BCG.

Hope the current Robinson Armament is not under same ownership/management that fucked me out of my recalled M96 BCG.
Hmm... that's a weird way to phrase it if it's out of stock... At least it's Brownells. If I don't get my gun I'll get a refund and look at something else.

How do you have yours decked out? I'm trying to figure out what red dot I want and petty sure I will change the muzzle device.

Mines an older one so it’s not mlok. It has 1913 rails. It has a Surefire WarComp 3 prong with a SureFire suppressor. With the Surefire WarComp 3 prong it’s 19.5” in length When folded.
45665999-CA3E-4A4D-9ABC-8DA38794BE8E.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmm... that's a weird way to phrase it if it's out of stock... At least it's Brownells. If I don't get my gun I'll get a refund and look at something else.
They probably only stocked the one. More than likely if they weren’t selling them, they probably will stop carrying the XCR pistols. Thats a shame because at the sale price I would have purchased another one.

They probably only stocked the one. More than likely if they weren’t selling them, they probably will stop carrying the XCR pistols. Thats a shame because at the sale price I would have purchased another one.
I remember being interested in the platform when it came out. Fell off my radar. I don't regret the purchase. Will set it up very close to yours most likely, but not going to suppress. Was thinking maybe a surefire warden blast diffuser. It's a truck gun after all. Not worth the stamp unless Something changes.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Nice snag!

i couldnt find crap I liked (even a couple years back) so I built one. I wanted AR for ease of spare parts.

I had ideas, used a lot of MSTN’s posts in the AR-15 thread to sort through and finalize.

Has been great and really like it.
may swap to the VLTOR A5 buffer, but with a Geissele spring and H3 buffer its mellowed out the little bit of bounce and has been reliable so far in tests.
Need to go get it dirty and hot and see how she does. 😁 I have a 30 cal can just itchin to be burned through!

Daniel Defense pdw in 300blk. Fits nicely in backpack. Paid about $1600 onsale

Attachments

• 20200203_114341.jpg
    20200203_114341.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 65
I too got a DD MK18 pistol then form 1’d for this role, also happy with the reliability and accuracy of mine.

Things I swapped for better feeling alternatives: trigger, charging handle, selector

Reactions: Woollymonster

They are but they no longer support the m96. Its a shame and I regret not buying one.

Someone needs to make a stoner 63 retro gun. I would buy a few.

Reactions: Waorani
They are but they no longer support the m96. Its a shame and I regret not buying one.

Someone needs to make a stoner 63 retro gun. I would buy a few.

Looks like they are trying to bring it back.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Robinson is dead to me. A few years ago some dude came on here claiming to be a new sales rep for RA. Posted my M96 problems and he said he would look into it, try to help. Of course never heard anything but it was moot anyway at that point since I sold it sans BCG for a big loss.

Thats what insurance is for.