• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas Cal or PSR

HAMBURGERATTACK

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2019
Wondering which Atlas bipod I should get for an 11.5" AR that I like to shoot prone sometimes. Settled on an Atlas but don't know which model would be better on a smaller gun like this... Would the Cal be too wide for this setup?

Thanks for any help - asked this question on another forum and did not get a lot of responses so asking here.

Wondering which Atlas bipod I should get for an 11.5" AR that I like to shoot prone sometimes. Settled on an Atlas but don't know which model would be better on a smaller gun like this... Would the Cal be too wide for this setup?

Thanks for any help - asked this question on another forum and did not get a lot of responses so asking here.
I’m gonna follow this one mainly because I wouldn’t think many people would get a bipod on an SBR…but this forum has really surprised me over the last 13 years so let’s see lol

I realize it's kinda an odd one. I've had the magpul bipod suggested because it's light/cheap but I would like a nicer bipod. Atlas seems like the most amount of nice I can afford right now.

The Magpul isn't any lighter than the Atlas.
For my use, I had both and sold the PSR.

Last edited:
Reactions: D1gger
The Magpul isn't and lighter than the Atlas.
For my use, I had both and sold the PSR.
I was leaning towards the cal because people seem to prefer it in general - is it heavier than the PSR? Accu-shot has the PSR weighing less but other sites show them weighing the same....

The CAL is significantly wider than the PSR, so especially on an AR SBR it’s going to stick out quite a bit on a skinny tube handguard. I’d go PSR for sure for that reason alone. I use a PSR on my heavy precision rifles for PRS matches and wouldn’t hesitate to use one on an AR.

Reactions: Golfnut721
Atlas Cal bipod over the PRS, wider stance for added stability.

I’ll vote CAL as well

Edit: I say get the Cal if you plan to shoot “once in a while” from the prone with the SBR. The cal is great for any platform

Now if you plan to leave this bipod on the SBR then smaller psr may be better

Last edited:
CAL because pan is annoying

If the bipod is going to live on the forend then I'd take a harder look at the PSR though as it will fit the profile a little nicer

If its going on and off then CAL

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
The only downside to the Atlas CAL that I've found so far is the lever can reduce available space on the forend. That might matter on something like an SBR that's most likely going to have a shorter handguard. If you leave the bipod attached while shooting from other than prone, the lever might interfere, even if flipped to the one side or the other. Just my 2 cents.

If you need pan go PSR. If you don't need pan go CAL. I had both and sold the CAL because my AccuTac is doing what the CAL can and I wanted more weight up front.

I know this is a few months old , but I am considering an atlas cal or accu-tac BR-4 gen 2 . Any reason to go for one over the other? How does the accu-tac compare?

I know this is a few months old , but I am considering an atlas cal or accu-tac BR-4 gen 2 . Any reason to go for one over the other? How does the accu-tac compare?
I have an Accu-Tac PC-4 but with ARCA clamp and HAD an Atlas CAL with RRS BTC-Pro mount. I also own an ATLAS PSR with BTC-Pro mount that I use on my hunting rifles.

Adjusting leg lengths is significantly faster on the Accu-tac. The Atlas is faster at pivoting the legs. Rumor has it from the Precision Rifle Expo that Accu-Tac is coming out with a new gen where the legs pivot out faster (Harris-like). I've seen Atlas's break during comps. I've never seen an Accu-Tac break. One downside of the Accu-Tac is it's bulkier and wider so I have to remove it before putting rifle away in it's hard case.

If you want more weight up front go Accu-Tac. If you need less weight up front go Atlas Cal.

Reactions: Cagey-platpus
I will mostly be using it in the pron or bench and swap it around a few different rifles. I eventually would like both but can only get one for now (a while). I only used harris bi-pod and have no experience with either accu-tac or atlas.

Is it safe to say the accu-tac is more stable possibly more durable? And atlas is lighter and easier to store.

Thank you for your feedback.

Is it safe to say the accu-tac is more stable possibly more durable? And atlas is lighter and easier to store.

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes I agree that Accu-Tac seems more stable and durable but at the expense of size and weight. If you're mostly benchshooting where balance is not an issue I'd go Atlas. I also have 3" leg extensions for my PSR which is great to add height quickly if my Accu-Tac is not tall enough.

On my gas guns I leave it on and shoot bench…I have the same atlas above. For my PSR rifle I use the CAL with arca connection and spigot and baracaid stop from area419. Might even get an accu-tax or similar bigger bipod. For me I may also do a tripod for the AI and shoot form that b/c I just like to shoot and not compete

Any specific reason why this particular model? Thank you.
yeah dont get the PSR

CAL all the way

wider CAL = more stable

pan on PSR = mostly useless and just annoying as fuck

if it's for an 11/5" AR the PSR might be nicer cause it's narrower but eh that doesnt matter to me if im worried about width for carry im not gonna have a bipod on it anyways

I ordered an elite iron spigot mount for my AI AT and plan on using either the Atlas cal or Accu-tac on it. But I also would like to us the bi-pod on other rifles. So, far I only used harris bi-pods or bags . I dont like how the harris mounts on the AIAT, it seems to left the rifle to high (I have high rings cause I am running a nightvision bridge). Hope the elite iron spigot and different bipod makes it more comfortable to shoot for me by lowering front of the rifle.