• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATN ThOR 4 640 1-10 input

Redman797

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
I know ATN hasn’t had the best rep in the past with customer service and kind of over estimating their capabilities, but everything I’ve seen out there, the newer stuff isn’t bad?

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the ATN ThOR 4 640 1-10, so just trying to figure out if it’s the best bang for the buck.

I will be using it primarily on 4-7 day backpacking trips to hunt wolves in northern Idaho with a buddy, but will also use it for hogs and mountain lion later on. The plan is to have something that last long amount of time without swapping or recharging (we will bring a 20,000 Mah battery bank or two).

is there a better unit for the money? The $3,500.00 price tag is at the max budget, so doesn’t help to mention the reaper line. Is there something else I should be looking at? The pulsar thermion looked appealing, but the battery life sucks for are intended purposes.

i've got the thor 4 2-8x and I can't say enough great things about it. I watched a lot of reviews and for the price compared to others it kept coming out on top. it's been a great unit so far. good luck.

they claim it'll hold a charge for 18 hours, I can't confirm but I know it's held a charge for 7 with more than half of the battery level showing...

I realize my reply wasnt probably very helpful.

So let me clarify, i think no matter which brand of scope and no matter how much you spend you can have issues with a scope and for me this is why excellent customer service is at the top of the list in my buying requirements.

And if i was using my scope on 4-7 day trips into the wild, dependability would be a close second.

the two biggest knocks on atn are questionable at best dependability and horrible customer service. I would definitely trade features, image quality and batttery life for a scope that works as it should when i need it to. And the peace of mind that comes with knowing the company is going to take care of any issues in a timely manner is huge.

I had a small issue with my halo lr, mailed on thursday, they received it on monday, i had a tracking number Monday afternoon and the scope was in my hands on Wednesday.

A friend of mine smoked his halo into the side of the truck door and broke the receptacle for the battery pack, totally his fault. Had it back in 1 week no charge.

I realize the halo is not in your price range but they are just examples of the kind of customer service that you shouldnt expect when your atn goes down.

I guess it just varies. My first Atn got a pixel that wouldn’t disappear. Called them up and they gave me a few things to try. Didn’t fix my issue so they proceeded to give me a RMA number. I shipped my out on a Monday and had a new thermal by that Saturday. I did ship mine by 2 day priority but they’ve handled my issue with extreme satisfactory.

like mentioned before. It doesn’t matter what thermal you go with, they’re man made and shit happens. Just do your research!