• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision ATN x sight 4k pro

precision308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
Indiana
Ok guys im wanting to set up a coyote rig in an AR 15 platform. Id like an optic for day/night hunting. Been looking at the ATN x sight 4k pro. I have about $1000 to spend. Figured I could purchase the sight and upgrade to a good IR illuminater for 1000. Any reason I should not purchase. Shots will most likely be inside 250yds.

I bought one when Academy had a 28% discount. I jumped on it and almost immediately regretted it. They are clear and work great but you MUST have illumination for it to be usable. They are also HUGE compared to most other scopes. They have a cheap feel to them as well.

I would buy a legit night vision scope. Even a cheap phosphorus based scope will work better, especially when you add illumination.

I am former military and have used a lot of NV so I am kind of spoiled in that regard.

Well did some more reading and spoke with the guys at nightvisionguys.com. little more than I wanted to spend but I ended up with a armasight nemesis 6x gen2+ HD model. Anyone have any thoughts on this particular device.

A lot of people are down on the ATN XSIGHT scopes. However they fill a gap in the NV product offering. You can’t really compare the Armasight Nemesis to the ATN one is $1600 and the other is $600. I could afford a better NV optic but I can’t really justify it since I only get to use it a couple times each year. The ATN works well, I can see clearly out to 200 yards. A better IR illumination would likely improve that. It is heavy, and you have to have the illuminator setup correctly. Like most things in life you have to do your own cost benefit analysis.

I like the ATN 4K Pro during the day shooting with my daughter.. BUT night time I really couldn't see when it was pitch black.

I picked one up for hog hunts inside 150 yards. With a surefire IR illumination it's been perfectly capable. Not a single complaint.

Keep up with firmware upgrades and all is well.

I was interested in the ATN 4 K Pro as well but was reading a bunch of negative reviews mostly around the interface freezing up and lots of firmware issues. Although most of these reviews were late 2018 so for those who have this scope, are you seeing these issues still? Or is it something they worked the kinks out of by now for the most part?