• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Attention all AAC owners

smacha538

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2014
Sugar Land, Tx.
Are you tired of that shit 51t mount system? I was. I ended up contacting ECCO Machine & Fabrication out of Colorado. They offer a 51t mount conversion. Had mine threaded to accept a Q Plan B.

They do great work, and a great option to get rid of that trash 51t. They’ll also refinish it a color of your choice. I opted out of that option.

Attachments

• B77C05B5-0B3E-4FDD-A037-C0A11D666808.jpeg
    B77C05B5-0B3E-4FDD-A037-C0A11D666808.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 619
  • 5D82C422-37B8-42D9-84A6-CC495F7C1A9E.jpeg
    5D82C422-37B8-42D9-84A6-CC495F7C1A9E.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 521
  • 87D15005-18B3-48B0-8E4B-EF301A9E2749.jpeg
    87D15005-18B3-48B0-8E4B-EF301A9E2749.jpeg
    621.2 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Unless he welded the Q mount directly to the can, that means it should be threaded 1.375x24... Which means you could install a Dead Air KeyMo as well. And lots of other mounting options. 👍🏼
Correct. The conversion is for anything 1.375x24. I just chose to use the plan b. It’s not welded, so anything with that pitch will work

Patiently sitting on the waitlist to get my m4-2000 done by them.

Patiently sitting on the waitlist to get my m4-2000 done by them.

Do you have to send it in to be on the list? I had a new ratchet lock put on my M4 before Remington went belly up. I would rather get it swapped before it dies again, caused an end cap strike the last time.

Looks good! i'm also on the list and going with the Plan B mount as well.

@Ferris Pewler Contact them on their facebook page and they will send you the info on the types of mounts and finishes you can get.

How’s your POI shift and groups look now?

I need to send mine in so it stops acting as a paperweight lol

Not sure how many rounds you have through your Plan B, but mine have been stellar to the tune of ~ 12k rounds b/t 2. One on a Thunder Chicken and one on a form1 flawless and seals up perfectly.

Reactions: skyrep
I had mine done over a year ago - best thing i've invested in.
Went with the Hellfire adapter.
I was going to go the Hellfire route as well. How’s it with POI shift repeatability and grouping?

...anything is better than that 51T trash lol

i shoot suppressed all the time, so i can't say about PI Shift. But my grouping are great. i use it on my 308, 6.5 creedmoor & Grendel and now on my Savage 10 6mm ARC.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
i shoot suppressed all the time, so i can't say about PI Shift. But my grouping are great. i use it on my 308, 6.5 creedmoor & Grendel and now on my Savage 10 6mm ARC.
cool. If you shoot suppressed all the time, do you notice a zero shift when you remove it (cleaning/storage/transport/whatever) and pop it back on?

That is one thing I can confirm. Zero shift. I take mine off for storage/cleaning/transport. Plus use it on weapon systems with no change ones I put it back on.
At present time I have two suppresser's: The ACC SDN-6 (hellfire attachment) and an Crazy Panda by Q. Both systems of attachment have worked great. Zero shift change.

I emailed them and got added
Do you have to send it in to be on the list? I had a new ratchet lock put on my M4 before Remington went belly up. I would rather get it swapped before it dies again, caused an end cap strike the last time.

You could always get it re-cored with some better baffles while it's getting some surgery done...
If that’s something they offer, then I will if it will help with performance consistency. The AAC can is trash as it is but I’d rather toss it than buy a whole other can and undergo the waiting period.

If that’s something they offer, then I will if it will help with performance consistency. The AAC can is trash as it is but I’d rather toss it than buy a whole other can and undergo the waiting period.
Call them up and ask about options. I'm pretty sure they do. 👍🏼

Reactions: M8541Reaper
What would be the best mounting system to use for 9/16-24 threads. I like the q mount but they don’t make a cherry bomb in 9/16

I am on the list for my SDN-6 and Mini4 but they are almost a year out, quite a wait. It's a good thing you don't have to send it in until your number is pulled.

I'm on the wait list to do a mount swap on an SDN-6 and a baffle replacement on a Pilot 2 to shitcan the aluminum baffles. Heard nothing but great things on the work from ECCO, and I am hoping now that he's in a new shop he might be able to get an employee or two to help bring down the wait list.

Shit! I had an old 18t can.
I had ECCO do a mount mod on mine and it turned out awesome! Made a huge difference.
The customer service was awesome and the work was phenomenal.

I highly recommend them.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
No, he calls you once you put your name on the list and you have like 3 days to confirm and get the cans off to them. He calls you and emails you if you dont get back quick. Mines going Mon,

Since this thread got bumped, I got an email from Ecco this past week, and my SDN6 is on the way to them for conversion. I got on the list around March or April of this year.
guess i need to get off my ass and get on the list for my sdn-6

I’ve heard a lot of people having issues with the ASR mounts. I have two Omegas, and the ASR platform never gave me an issue. The only downside I have found is weight. I have not tested POI shift, but the ASR mounts do have a taper on them.

Thought about swapping everything over to Q Plan B or Rearden Atlas, to try something new and save a little bit of weight. The ASR is noticeably heavier than the Silencerco direct thread option that came with the Omega, which should be comparable in weight to the Plan B or Rearden Atlas.

I am in line as well. My initial plan was to go DT, but have since decided to go with the Q Cherry Bomb adaptor ECCO now manufactures in house. I already have several rifles set up that way with the Plan B on the suppressors to interface with the CB.

That is one thing I can confirm. Zero shift. I take mine off for storage/cleaning/transport. Plus use it on weapon systems with no change ones I put it back on.
At present time I have two suppresser's: The ACC SDN-6 (hellfire attachment) and an Crazy Panda by Q. Both systems of attachment have worked great. Zero shift change.
Do you mind sharing a picture of what your mount setup looks like after the conversion? I just emailed them about the Hellfire adapter conversion.

I’ve heard a lot of people having issues with the ASR mounts. I have two Omegas, and the ASR platform never gave me an issue. The only downside I have found is weight. I have not tested POI shift, but the ASR mounts do have a taper on them.

Thought about swapping everything over to Q Plan B or Rearden Atlas, to try something new and save a little bit of weight. The ASR is noticeably heavier than the Silencerco direct thread option that came with the Omega, which should be comparable in weight to the Plan B or Rearden Atlas.

I swapped my wife's Omega over to a Plan B, as I wanted a simple and elegant mounting solution, not one that has potential to launch a can down range. I know if my wife launched a can down range, that would be it for her...

The Q Plan B works great. We swap her Omega between her boltgun and ar-15 with no real issues.

I think the Q Plan B system is arguably the most elegant and simple one out there, despite Kevin B. being a complete asshole.

Last edited:
Isn't the Q cherry bomb muzzle break stupid loud? Have had friends mention it but never shot one..

I have a couple AAC cans that would benefit from a better mount

I have a converted SDN-6 to the Q system, and it is awesome.
I like simple….and have converted all mine to the Cherry Bomb via Plan B….it works and I have yet to have any return to zero issues across various AR and bolt gun platforms. I am still in line in my AAC with Ecco, but I am optimistic once the swap is complete the results will be the same. Thanks for posting your opinion of the end result!

Yea i was having a shit time trying to get that tooth system to lock up and it was back blasting soot all on the barrel. Plus the shift was stupid unpredictable

Reactions: wyliecoyote
Yea i was having a shit time trying to get that tooth system to lock up and it was back blasting soot all on the barrel. Plus the shift was stupid unpredictable
Yep. In a bit of irony….once I got in queue with Ecco said WTH and decided I’d file away at one of my 7.62 mounts to try and get a solid lock….and I did….and paired it with a .308 AR10 pistol that holds zero.

I had ECCO do two for me about two years ago now. I guess he wasn’t that busy because I called him up, sent my cans in the next day, and had them back in about 2 weeks. I guess it must have caught on that he can fix these old shitty AAC cans. Had him do a 762-SD 18T that I had bought $1500 in mounts two get two that it sort of locked up on, and a Ranger 2 that had threads non concentric to the rear of the can and cause massive POI shifts and poor accuracy and AAC wouldn’t fix despite 4 trips to them.

I have plans to send in a SDN-6 and a Mini4 at some point.

Question for those that swap between a bolt gun and AR with their AAC cans…

Which mounting are you going with? I plan on swapping my 762SDN6 between my LMT MRP (556) and my 308 and 6.5 bolt guns. I was going to just go with the A419 Hellfire as the mount (all of my bolt guns have the hellfires on em) but that seems like a weird choice to pop on a 556 LMT.

🍻