• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auburn VS FL state in BCS National Championship Game

What about the 2005 national championship game? Anyone remember that game USC 55 and Oklahoma 19. Auburn was undefeated and got screwed over. We dominated our bowl that year and then USC gets the title stripped away from them by the NCAA. Im laying claim to that one personally. I still think that was one of our best teams ever.

That was the only year I really thought the BCS missed the boat in matching up the two top teams for the championship. I'm not sure Auburn would have beaten USC, but they were loaded and would've definitely been a better match than OU.

As much as the BCS is maligned, it really has fulfilled its charter quite well. That is matching up the top 2 teams at the end of the year to play for the championship. That's all it was designed to do, nothing more. It missed in '05.

The new playoff system starting next year should be an improvement, but anyone who thinks there will be less controversy is sadly mistaken.

That was the only year I really thought the BCS missed the boat in matching up the two top teams for the championship. I'm not sure Auburn would have beaten USC, but they were loaded and would've definitely been a better match than OU.

As much as the BCS is maligned, it really has fulfilled its charter quite well. That is matching up the top 2 teams at the end of the year to play for the championship. That's all it was designed to do, nothing more. It missed in '05.

The new playoff system starting next year should be an improvement, but anyone who thinks there will be less controversy is sadly mistaken.

Totally agree. If Alabama and Auburn keep up the pace, there will be Iron Bowl rematches in the future. Im going to have to take blood pressure meds for sure...... So there will be an SEC championship game, then a final four that could put two SEC teams against another??? This year it would have been Auburn VS Alabama all over again. I see much more controversy coming down the pipe.

The controversy starts when they put a non conference champion in the play off and leave a one loss ACC or Big 10 champion at home. Even this year they would leave the one loss Big 12 champion at home in favor of Alabama.

I have news for everyone, I don't see this 4 team playoff anything but controversial. There will be a "committee" which means "People" with emotions and prejudices who will decide "who" is going to be in the playoffs. The NCAA has played this to the public like the Dems did Obamacare!! How's that working out now??? Not political just a comparison!!!

Just you wait and see!! I have absolutely 0 faith that this is going to be any better than the BCS system in place. For the most part the BCS has gotten it right.

I have news for everyone, I don't see this 4 team playoff anything but controversial. There will be a "committee" which means "People" with emotions and prejudices who will decide "who" is going to be in the playoffs. The NCAA has played this to the public like the Dems did Obamacare!! How's that working out now??? Not political just a comparison!!!

Just you wait and see!! I have absolutely 0 faith that this is going to be any better than the BCS system in place. For the most part the BCS has gotten it right.

I recall many similar comments about the computer polls and the BCS rankings. The committee that's slated to select playoffs isn't materially different from the current coaches poll where Sports Info Directors in the bowels of the athletic department handles the "coaches vote". Probably more objective that a bunch of SID's and media handlers submitting votes.

Hey, as long as Bama claims 1941 as a championship, I think Auburn can claim a LOT more than they currently do, haha

Auburn can't claim crap and the only ones who think so are the cynical war tiger fans. It's laughable that is the best auburn fans can come up with. "What about 1941?". Grasping at straws...it's pitiful.

What about the 2005 national championship game? Anyone remember that game USC 55 and Oklahoma 19. Auburn was undefeated and got screwed over. We dominated our bowl that year and then USC gets the title stripped away from them by the NCAA. Im laying claim to that one personally. I still think that was one of our best teams ever.

You see, Ben here gives a prime example of the cynical ridiculous only found in auburn fans. First, everyone except auburn agreed Oklahoma was the better team that year. Coaches, BCS, etc. You didn't get it, you didn't win it, so get over it.

You see, Ben here gives a prime example of the cynical ridiculous only found in auburn fans. First, everyone except auburn agreed Oklahoma was the better team that year. Coaches, BCS, etc. You didn't get it, you didn't win it, so get over it.

You see, Mike here gives a prime example of how bitter Bama fans are acting since they lost the ironbowl and didnt make the national championship game for once. You didn't get it, you didn't win it, so get over it.

Dont worry... Ill post you some pics from Pasadena. Enjoy the Sugarbowl tomorrow. War Eagle.

That doesn't even make sense. How am I bitter? At least you realize the facts when you said "for once" because we all know it's a rarity they're not in the mix. But hey, even a blind hog finds an acorn.

You don't need to post pics, you forget I've seen the Rose Bowl from the field....

But good luck trying to get auburn's second national championship.

Mikey Mikey. Nothing but love brother

Still gonna post some pics of me cheering at the Rose Bowl. You have not had the pleasure of seeing that one yet :) !

I want a pic of you in at the end of the fourth quarter with a look of anguish when FSU wins.

On a side note I do see the humor in this as it's the criminoles against the felons on the plains. It's almost like the Longest Yard.

Have a great time and travel safe.

Mike, even if we lose. Ill still be smiling and cheering for my team. We did more then anyone expeected this year and Ill be happy just being in California and Las Vegas. NEver been that far west. Gonna be a fun trip no matter what.

Well I do hope you have a great trip and a lot of fun. I just hope auburn loses in the process

Lol.

Serious question. What's going on with Bama? We know who the more talented team is or IMO at least it's Bama. Half shouldn't be like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kt3LNRD.gif

Nick was about ready to cough up a lung.

2014-01-0221_23_11.gif

And then another TD on them.

Perhaps Auburn will be able to redeem the honor of the State of Alabama.

Clay Travis won the sportswriter lottery...he'll have material (and astronomical page views/revenues) for eight months. The 85%'ers shall make him a wealthy man.

"I doubt anyone will be saying Alabama is still the best team in the country after tonight" - Paul Finebaum

Ben,
It's OU not OSU. I know auburn grads have trouble spelling but they're two different schools. And seriously? AJ's never seen pressure like this? Really? I guess playing for two national championships or any of the other plethora of high pressure games didn't show him any "pressure". Get real. You're just jealous because he'll be QB success story in the NFL not like the struggling criminal Cam the scam.

Veer shows he knows nothing about football. Coach Saban is like that even when they're blowing teams out.

Alabama is still the best team in the country, just not this year. Alabama will be #1 again next year.

Ah Mike, you are correct!
OSU is playing tonight against Mizzou. My bad. And I was trying extra hard not to talk trash out of respect for you after a painful loss, but instead to make some generalized observations about the game. Look, AJ certainly took some hard sacks he is not use to taking due to the previous strength in the Bama O line. To me, it obviously effected his passing and performance compared to what we usually see out of him ( 4 turn overs, over throws, even a stupid grounding penalty). I happen to be a big fan of AJ and wish him nothing but success in the NFL. Most post QBs from Alabama show nothing but class. Got to be doing something right for the girl he's got.

Hate to tell you brother, but Alabama is definitely NOT the best team in the country anymore. It showed that last night. OU outplayed the hell out of them. Cant win with 4 turnovers. No miracle plays, just straight up football. Bama was obviously exhausted in the 4th and just didnt seem to even want it anymore. Im sure they will be a strong team next year, but #1 is a stretch.

And honestly, I think you Bammers are way more worried about Cam then we are . That was 3 years ago. Im more worried about my boys: Tre, Nick, Dee, Jay... etc.

Who was Bamma's QB back then? Greg Mcelroy I think? He was pretty good. Whats he up to these days?

There were many things that seemed odd about that game but neither here or there. Alabama lost and will have to wait until next season to return to number one. You see, they are the best team on the country. Not measured by the latest win/loss record but rather by many other criterion such as the best coach in the country, the best recruiting, the best overall performance over the last few years, and did I mention back to back national championships? Something not accomplished since the late '40s? Don't hate, congratulate.

Greg Macelroy? I'm not sure what he's doing other than being able to look in a mirror with integrity. Is it true Cam doesn't even see a reflection?

AJ is a class act that's for sure. I would even say that if he was Auburns QB.

Back on subject.

The line has moved to 10.5
To say that I am not nervous would be a lie.

<--------This Auburn alumni has cheered for every UAT opponent, in every game for the last 38 years. I expect no less from our rival.

and did I mention back to back national championships? Something not accomplished since the late '40s?

Might better check with Oklahoma on that one :)

I sense bitterness on the part of some in this thread.

:p

Great game. Miserable officiating.

If the SEC takes precedence over Auburn losing, you're not a real Bama fan.

Man is it refreshing to see a fan of a team in the SEC say this. I am sick of the SEC SEC bullshit cheers. I don't get it? I am a OU fan and I will be damned if I ever cheer for Texas. It just makes no sense to me.

By the way, OU won back to back national titles in 55 & 56 also in 74 & 75.

Last edited:
Man is it refreshing to see a fan of a team in the SEC say this. I am sick of the SEC SEC bullshit cheers. I don't get it? I am a OU fan and I will be damned if I ever cheer for Texas. It just makes no sense to me.

By the way, OU won back to back national titles in 74 & 75.

I'm in this boat as well. I'm a UT and MSU fan. It would be hard for me ever to pull for ole miss, Florida, or Bama. Just got tired of it. I also got really tired of blown out national championships. I want to watch a good game and this one lived up to the hype.

Hey guys just got back I the Luxor. Hate to lose it like that but it's hard to make mistakes and have such horrible officials. Worst I ever saw. The rose bowl needs help. We had zero replays and the bathrooms were horrid to try an use. Will be glad to get home.

Hey guys just got back I the Luxor. Hate to lose it like that but it's hard to make mistakes and have such horrible officials. Worst I ever saw. The rose bowl needs help. We had zero replays and the bathrooms were horrid to try an use. Will be glad to get home.

I went in 2009 and agree the bathroom situation sucks. Neat atmosphere but stadium and amenities not so good.

Great game. Disappointed in the outcome. FSU overcame a poor start and capitalized on mistakes to do what championship teams are supposed to do in order to win at the end. Auburn gave FSU the best competition they've faced all year and that's a vast improvement from an Auburn team that honestly quit last year. After that 3 and 9 disaster last year, 12 and 2 is a hell of a turnaround.

It was a great game if you're a football fan period. I don't believe Auburn lost because of the officiating even though it was less than stellar. FSU showed a lot of class coming back from what could of been a beat down early on. Considering where Auburn was last year at this time and what they showed in this game, I'd say if you're an Auburn fan hold your head up high.

As far as the SEC bashers above, face it in the last decade the SEC has dominated the BCS spotlight, like it or not it's the truth. I don't buy Mike BAMA's Kool Aid, that they sit at the right hand of the Father because they don't. They have been a power the last couple of years no doubt, but college football is cyclic and that too shall change. As a fan you have the right to think your team is the best, but in truth they aren't or they would be National Champions.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol.

Outstanding football game to watch last night!!!

I see more balance and strength throughout college football and conferences this year for sure.

Dagsta, Dagsta, Dagsta.

Haters gonna hate, but you can't deny their fate. Bama over the past 7-8 years has consistently been a top team in the country. That word consistently is what makes them the best team. They're not a flash in the pan a la Duke or a one hit wonder like a Tennessee or Texas. Everyone in this thread knows that Bama will earn a place at the top next year and be vying for another.

And for you traitors that say you'll root for enemy in the worse rivalry in college football, all I have to say is:

Cheering for Auburn.jpg

My Dear Friend, the point is and you know that I don't really hate at all. I agree with most of your assessment wholeheartedly. I have longstanding ties and a wonderful history with the State of Alabama, and some terrific romps with the lovely damsels of the University of Alabama and even a few Auburn Belles!! So there you go, I'm just a realistic football fan, who happens to lean towards LSU whom by the way is usually right up there at the top with your Beloved BAMA!!

And just so happened to be the only team besides FSU to beat Auburn, lol

Great game last night despite the nauseating ending.

I will give respect where respect is due. When they write the history of the BCS era; Alabama will be listed among the greatest teams. 3 National titles is more than anyone else.
It is sad to see the BCS end. I don't see how the playoff system will reduce the controversy. But next year, hopefully Auburn will return to the National Championship and claim the first title of the new era. WDE!

My Dear Friend, the point is and you know that I don't really hate at all. I agree with most of your assessment wholeheartedly. I have longstanding ties and a wonderful history with the State of Alabama, and some terrific romps with the lovely damsels of the University of Alabama and even a few Auburn Belles!! So there you go, I'm just a realistic football fan, who happens to lean towards LSU whom by the way is usually right up there at the top with your Beloved BAMA!!

And just so happened to be the only team besides FSU to beat Auburn, lol

Dag, you know joshin' you is just part of the fun :D

But now the real fun starts, GO FULLERTON!

As far as the SEC bashers above, face it in the last decade the SEC has dominated the BCS spotlight, like it or not it's the truth. I don't buy Mike BAMA's Kool Aid, that they sit at the right hand of the Father because they don't. They have been a power the last couple of years no doubt, but college football is cyclic and that too shall change. As a fan you have the right to think your team is the best, but in truth they aren't or they would be National Champions.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol.

Outstanding football game to watch last night!!!

I see more balance and strength throughout college football and conferences this year for sure.

Never did I doubt the SECs dominance nor do I hate the SEC there are teams that I wouldn't cheer for regardless of what conference.

Never did I doubt the SECs dominance nor do I hate the SEC there are teams that I wouldn't cheer for regardless of what conference.

Fully understandable BlackOps, I never insinuated anyone had to cheer for opposing teams. As I stated my realism overtakes my emotions when i comes to being a fan. I have a different perspective, there are teams I like and teams I don't like. I did not like seeing OU beat Bama. I'm not a Stoops fan of any sort. But it's my prerogative to be that way. I'm an LSU fan but not to the point I lose sight of reality like most fans and think that every year they step out on the field they are entitled to be in the National Championship game or they are a failure. I truly believe LSU was disrespected this year by not playing a ranked team in the bowls. But that is my opinion.

I can assure you I"m not a member of the "Dumbest Fans" of any team. I'm a former college player that was fortunate enough to play for a ranked program, so I well understand the dynamics of Division I athletics. Which I believe allows me to be objective.

I appreciate top tier performance regardless of the uniform, all whilst being a fan.

Might sound weird to some, but that' how I roll !!!!