• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auburn VS FL state in BCS National Championship Game

Dagsta, Dagsta, Dagsta.

Haters gonna hate, but you can't deny their fate. Bama over the past 7-8 years has consistently been a top team in the country. That word consistently is what makes them the best team. They're not a flash in the pan a la Duke or a one hit wonder like a Tennessee or Texas. Everyone in this thread knows that Bama will earn a place at the top next year and be vying for another.

And for you traitors that say you'll root for enemy in the worse rivalry in college football, all I have to say is:

View attachment 26078

Saban needs to get some things figured out in that secondary before the Tide try to earn a place at the top next year. I don't follow bama that closely, who will take AJ's spot? Always hard to replace a guy like that when no one else has had the opportunity to get playing experience. That running back is going to be a beast though and will be a major help for the new QB to take some pressure off. Bama has had some great recruiting classes, but the QB position will take time to develop.

If Trevor Knight does not regress next year OU is going to be a handful. We could see a re-match next year in the playoffs if Bama can get some solid QB play.

Dagsta, I was not bashing the SEC. It is undeniable that teams from that conference have dominated college football the last few years. I am bashing the fans of the SEC teams that cheer SEC, SEC, SEC when their team has not won shit. It does your team absolutely no good if another team in your conference wins a championship. It hurts recruiting. My ass will never pull for another team in the Big 12 to win a national title. Just makes no sense too me.

I live in Kentucky, I went to school at BAMA. I have quite the dilemma when cheering for teams! I do have the best of both worlds though, top college basketball and top college football. I am lucky!

I watched as much of the game as I could while we were having bad storms and power problems BUT, I was happy to see FSU rise to the occasion and keep the trophy from the Auburn war eagle tiger blue and orange guys.

As I always say.... there is always next season to step up and take it back! ROLL TIDE!

Most exciting BCS championship game ever IMHO. Right up there with the TX/USC game in '05 which was the last time a non-SEC team won it until last night:)

With Gus at Auburn, they'll be a force to be reconed with going forward. Until last night, I wasn't aware of how young the team is. Lots of those good offensive linemen returning next year. If Marshall and Mason come back, look out! Congrats to AU on a great year!

I thought all the BCS Bowls were all good with lots of underdogs beating favored opponents. That's the great thing about college football, you never really know until they play the game.

As for the Bammers, as long as Saban is there and the talent keeps flowing to T-Town, they'll be in the National Championship hunt. That said, they've got some things to work out next year. If the Sugar Bowl debacle didn't demonstrate that, you weren't paying attention. It'll be interesting to see who the next QB will be and how he'll do. With Auburn looking good, LSU reloading and teams from the East doing better, it'll be tough for them to run the table next year.

Now the looooong wait starts until the first weekend in September:(

It's easy to be a UAT fan, hell three quarters of this state is...

Give me a break. "Her true beliefs"? It is embarrassing to hear him speak because he uses horrid grammar and slang. She made a joke. Doesn't mean she is a racist. If Saturday Night Life made the joke it would be an internet sensation. I will admit it was petty, but it was not a racisy comment. People are so dang sensitive nowadays. You can't poke fun at anyone without being thrown to the wolves.

Tapatalk via Samsung Galaxy S4

Sorry for the bad spelling. I blame it on the phone...... or maybe my education from schools in Alabama.

Tapatalk via Samsung Galaxy S4

I think it's an insight to her true beliefs rather than hilarious.

Her "true beliefs" is that this man is soon to be a college graduate and can't seem to put a sentence together.
I'll cut him some slack and chalk it up to post game nerves.

Saban needs to get some things figured out in that secondary before the Tide try to earn a place at the top next year. I don't follow bama that closely, who will take AJ's spot? Always hard to replace a guy like that when no one else has had the opportunity to get playing experience. That running back is going to be a beast though and will be a major help for the new QB to take some pressure off. Bama has had some great recruiting classes, but the QB position will take time to develop.

Bama has a few fantastic QB's lined up and I can guarantee you although they didn't get actual "playing time" they had ample reps at practice against the first team D.

Just another "cry wolf" example of the over used and incorrectly used term "racism". In no way did what she said reflect she felt her race was superior or rather Winston's race was inferior. She made a absolutely truthful comment that he sounded like an uneducated miscreant. The same would be true regardless of the race of the speaker so race did not play a factor.

Isn't that the same as saying a black man is "well spoken"? Something you (the general you) wouldn't say of a white man.

We can all agree to disagree anyways. I'm ok with it.

Last edited:
..... I don't follow bama that closely, who will take AJ's spot? .......

I went to the A-day game and the only QB I saw that even appeared to have any possibility was a kid named Del Rio.
I would assume they are doing some recruiting in the QB department.

Isn't that the same as saying a black man is "well spoken"? Something you (the general you) wouldn't say of a white man.

We can all agree to disagree anyways. I'm ok with it.

No, you say a man is well spoken. Patrick Stewart is well spoken. Sir Alec Guinness was well spoken. I'm not sure where anyone would get the impression you would not say a white man is well spoken? I would think it would be a source of pride for any man or women to be considered well spoken and articulate.

Just another "cry wolf" example of the over used and incorrectly used term "racism". In no way did what she said reflect she felt her race was superior or rather Winston's race was inferior. She made a absolutely truthful comment that he sounded like an uneducated miscreant. The same would be true regardless of the race of the speaker so race did not play a factor.

I thought he sounded like a nice kid. Not particularly well spoken, but at least understandable. Certainly hyped up after a great win. But did anyone hear (or understand) what #7 (I think he was a running back)had to say in his interview. He sounded like a drunken retard on crack.

Well I have to chime in about this because it has been one of my pet peeves for way longer than AJ's mom brought it to light. I will have to agree with Mike that if a person is well spoken it is just that and should be recognized as such, There are educated whites and blacks who are much more well spoken than I, and I usually refer to those people as "well spoken"

I think it is horrid and unacceptable the way not only "athletes" speak on television and yes a lot of them are Black!! But in general college students period. Their grammar skills are atrocious, and should be an embarrassment to the Institutions that produce such.

For God's sake this is college!!! And their speaking skills are at 6th to 8th grade level. It is pathetic and should be called out, and if the shoe fits that it is more Blacks than Whites than so be it. The damn schools should institute Language and Speaking skills instead of the Bullshit basket weaving, and fake Kinesiology courses they offer athletes.

This has been an irritant to me for a very long time. I played along side Black athletes, of course it was a different generation than now and their speaking skills were non comparable and far superior to the pathetic excuse for the English Language that is used today.

Call it how you want, their is absolutely no excuse for what exists, and yes I'm talking about FSU's QB too! I don't give a damn if he won the NC or not!!

Not directed at anyone in particular but if you think Saban wasn't looking at a replacement a year or two ago then I'm not sure if you know how college football works.

I am sure he has been looking at what he is going to do after AJ is gone. However, we all know every QB in their first year will have some struggles in a few games. That Henry kid will surely help to take some of the pressure off. I mean look at Trevor Knight. The kid wasn't very good all year long. Light switch got turned on for him and put up huge numbers against Alabama when he struggled early against much easier opponents.

I am sure he has been looking at what he is going to do after AJ is gone. However, we all know every QB in their first year will have some struggles in a few games. That Henry kid will surely help to take some of the pressure off. I mean look at Trevor Knight. The kid wasn't very good all year long. Light switch got turned on for him and put up huge numbers against Alabama when he struggled early against much easier opponents.

I agree that first year QB's are going to struggle. But I guarantee Saban and his staff have plans in place, and may even be looking at JC transfers. The way his program works I'm sure whoever gets the nod will be seeing plenty of tough scenarios. Saban will have something to prove in '14 the first year of the playoffs.

I agree that first year QB's are going to struggle. But I guarantee Saban and his staff have plans in place, and may even be looking at JC transfers. The way his program works I'm sure whoever gets the nod will be seeing plenty of tough scenarios. Saban will have something to prove in '14 the first year of the playoffs.

Mike, what do you think about the Lane Kiffin hire as the OC for Alabama? That dude seems toxic. It's not official yet, but those are the rumors. I would think they Alabama would have an easier time finding someone with less baggage.

Mike, what do you think about the Lane Kiffin hire as the OC for Alabama? That dude seems toxic. It's not official yet, but those are the rumors. I would think they Alabama would have an easier time finding someone with less baggage.

I'm torn. I do think, despite his last 6 years at USC and the year at Tennessee, that he's a smart coach. But on the other hand he has more baggage than a stranded flight. I think Saban realizes the shit storm it would bring, but Saban also has the clout and the power to keep a tight wrap and keep Lane is his own lane on any decision. Personally, I think he's a douche and I'm not a fan at all but I will acknowledge that he does know his football.

Id be real surprised if Nick Saban brought that baggage to Alabama!! He's one of the smartest coaches ever and doubt he'll initiate that controversy.

The back up QB situation at Bama is not impressive. Looks like Auburn has had good luck buying (er, recruiting) QBs from JC.
Nor am I impressed with the news that Kiffen may be there soon. I do not like him and see him as trouble with a capital "t". Oh well, it would just be one more coach on staff I don't like (I have gone on record as not a Saban fan).
If things keep going this way I may have to ride the "Gus Bus" with Ben for a while. NOT!

I always respected Kiffin as an offensive coordinator. He is yet another example of a brilliant coordinator who was incapable of making the leap to head coach. College football is littered with such people. Some people can make the transition from being under the thumb to being the thumb.....some cannot. I wouldn't have a problem at all with him coming to Alabama, so long as he stayed under the thumb. I'm sure there are other perfectly qualified people out there that would bring less "angst" that Kiffin, but he really is (or at least was) a great coordinator.

I would not hire kiffin. He is a good coordinator but spouts his mouth off way too much for my taste. Doesn't exemplify the class I like to see . Though he may grow up a bit working under saban. I think it's a done deal!

Most exciting BCS championship game ever IMHO. Right up there with the TX/USC game in '05 which was the last time a non-SEC team won it until last night:)

I am biased, but I still think the TX/USC game in '06 was the best championship game of the BCS era followed closely by the Ohio State / Miami game in 2003. This game was number 3. The reason that I am not ranking this game higher is that FSU wasn't playing their best ball. Jameis Winston was able to come in when it mattered to finish the game, but overall, he did not have a great game thanks to Auburn's well prepared defense. Nor did Auburn appear to be unstoppable.

At the Texas / USC game, Matt Leinart and Vince Young both played at a very high level with Vince delivering the best passing game of his career while winning the game with one of his signature scrambles. Lendale White also had a great game with Reggie Bush having a pretty poor game. I think it is the Heisman curse. Heisman winners often falter when they play in a national championship game after winning the award. The TX/USC game featured 2 Heisman winners and another one that probably should have won a Heisman.

All that said, this was a great game. I am happy the SEC was denied another championship so I can stop hear their whining about why every NC game isn't just two SEC teams playing one another. On the same token, I thought it would have been a great story for Auburn to have the miraculous turnaround that they did. If you are an Auburn fan, maybe you didn't pick up another national title, but you have to be pleased with the way the season turned out. The Iron Bowl this year is one for the ages. ("Hey Nick, do you got a second?"). Awesome. Maybe one of the best regular season games in the BCS era (along with the "Bush Push" that put USC over Notre Dame in 2005).

I would not hire kiffin. He is a good coordinator but spouts his mouth off way too much for my taste. Doesn't exemplify the class I like to see . Though he may grow up a bit working under saban. I think it's a done deal!

Anyone who sells his team down the river several years in a row while leaving recruiting violations in his wake is low class. That said, he is an excellent offensive coordinator. I couldn't believe it when USC hired him as head coach. Luckily, after his public humiliation, I think he will be forced to going back down to being an OC for a while and he can't really trade up from Bama, so this might actually be a brilliant move on Saban's part (as usual).

. The reason that I am not ranking this game higher is that FSU wasn't playing their best ball.

QUOTE]

This could explain a lot....

Was an Auburn coach stealing Florida State’s offensive signals during the BCS National Championship? (Video)

Florida State coaches signaling in plays behind towels (USA Today Sports)
It appears that some gamesmanship may have helped Auburn jump out to a 21-3 lead over Florida State in the BCS National Championship game.

It came as a shock to anyone who had seen Florida State’s offense when the Seminoles sputtered offensively throughout the first half of play. A fake punt helped Florida State close the halftime deficit to 21-10, but after a three-and-out to start the second half, wideout Kelvin Benjamin came over to the sideline with some crucial information for head coach Jimbo Fisher and star quarterback Jameis Winston.

In this video, dug up by The Big Lead, you can hear Benjamin saying “Dameyune calling all the plays, coach.”

Dameyune calling all the plays coach - YouTube

The person Benjamin is referring to is Auburn co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig. Craig was the quarterback coach for Florida State from 2010-2012, so it makes sense that he would be able to steal FSU’s offensive signals.

For the rest of the game, Florida State staff members held up towels to prevent Auburn from seeing their signals. As pointed out by Tomahawk Nation, Fisher even addressed the issue on Monday.

“They had a couple of our signals a couple times and were getting to them. That happens, people do it, and that’s our fault. You’ve got to change them, constantly rotate them, being able to get them in different ways. That’s part of the game. I don’t have a problem with that,” Fisher said.

Like Fisher said, things like this happen and it’s on Florida State to change the signals, especially when they have a former staff member on the opposing sideline.

The towels obviously helped too, as the Seminoles stormed back to win 34-31.

Rest assure Auburn was far from playing their best. If we played like we did against Bama or Mizzou we would have smoked FSU. Even in the second half. We made too many mistakes. Bama, OSU, Mich State, mizzou would have all beaten FSU in that game. We made too many mistakes and beat ourselves. That's it. Yep I feel just like Bama and Ga fans did against us. Feels like crap but we got there and played them better ten anyone else not even at our best. Like others have said. I can't wait until next year. I just don't wanna end up playing Bama 2x every year from now on