• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V3 - CE Products?

Found a fix for fine powder sticking to the glass powder cup (at least for CFE 223). Tried using a dry Teflon spray to prevent sticking and that didn't work. Then tried Nu Finish car wax and that stopped the powder from sticking. I still have to tap the cup when it is upside down, but that does clear all the powder with one tap as opposed to bashing it 3 or 4 times untreated and still having powder stuck inside.

Sould have read this post before ordering from CE, this company sucks. Ordered a v3 a couple weeks ago, promptly took my deposit and never got any confirmation from them. I have emailed and called just to make sure they have me on a wait list. Have not heard a word from them.

Sould have read this post before ordering from CE, this company sucks. Ordered a v3 a couple weeks ago, promptly took my deposit and never got any confirmation from them. I have emailed and called just to make sure they have me on a wait list. Have not heard a word from them.
I wouldn't get too worked up, the same happened to me. I was never emailed to do the final payment, but the guy(Trevor) called and took care of it, nothing after.
Maybe there is a slight communication issue, but my unit showed up Fri, ordered 4-14, delivered 7-3, so you have some hang time.

FWIW, they're not great at communicating. However, they deliver the product as promised. And compared to other vendors, they include the 100 gm calibration weight - which is a big plus.

Gotta remember that everything firearms related is on a surge right now. From actual firearms to reloading equipment and components. This trend will continue through next year (and probably well after that). Be patient, you'll get the Autotrickler and you will soon forget your frustration with CE.

• Haha
Reactions: Milo 2.5
FWIW I got mine from DWS. I got an email confirming my order. After about a 6 week wait DWS sent an email it was ready . I made final payment and received a tracking #. DWS was good to deal with.
I asked about the 100g calibration weight when I ordered the V3. DWS has 2 available. One was a scientific grade weight and was guaranteed to weigh 100g. It was about 100 dollars IIRC. The cheaper one was about 20 dollars.

Thanks, good to hear it's normal with zero confirmations. I don't care about the wait.

I believe It was previously mentioned that CE does not ship to California? I checked their website and it states shipping to lower 48. I’m a bit confused and slightly reluctant to pull the trigger on this, especially considering communication challenges. Their price and the included 100g calibration weight make CE a compelling option. Can anyone definitively confirm one way or another their shipping policy to CA? Thanks.

I believe It was previously mentioned that CE does not ship to California? I checked their website and it states shipping to lower 48. I’m a bit confused and slightly reluctant to pull the trigger on this, especially considering communication challenges. Their price and the included 100g calibration weight make CE a compelling option. Can anyone definitively confirm one way or another their shipping policy to CA? Thanks.
Never mind. Just went to their site to place a deposit and got the message that California is verboten. Frickin strange and lame!

If you didn't get a test weight with your scale, McMaster Carr has them for just over $12.
Screenshot_20200706-041932~2.png

Never mind. Just went to their site to place a deposit and got the message that California is verboten. Frickin strange and lame!

More than likely it has do to with California proposition 65 compliance. It cost too much for a small company to jump through all the hoops to sell there.

Somewhere on the CE site I saw it has to do with sales tax laws in California. I dont know the details, but the tax authorities in California are known to be very aggressive.

Reactions: MarinePMI
From 419's website: "This is only compatible with Area 419 V2 Auto throw Housings or V3 Thrower housings." Does this mean only Area419 throw housings or does it work with the V3 throw housing from Adam? I ordered mine on 5/28 and wanted to add the lid to my order, just want to make sure it works.

Anyone order the 419 clear lid and use it with the V3 stock autotrickler powder thrower?

I use a 419 clear cover with the V2 and V3. Best upgrade out there (419's newer trickler base is nice as well).

Did you get the version with the "thumbwheel", how was transferring the original equipment over?

Last edited:
guys im sorry for asking but the 419 clear cover has slots cut into it yet it comes with the snap on felt adapters that allow it to just sit on top of the side shields. So why are the cuts in it? or do you not use the adapters. im confused.

guys im sorry for asking but the 419 clear cover has slots cut into it yet it comes with the snap on felt adapters that allow it to just sit on top of the side shields. So why are the cuts in it? or do you not use the adapters. im confused.

The A419 lid is intended to be used without the felt adapters.

A419.png

The felt adapters were intended for the OEM lid to minimize vibrations from the AutoThrow.

OEM.png

Did you get the version with the "thumbwheel", how 's was transferring the original equipment over?
I bought the 419 autotrickler base. It is very nice and solid, but the autotrickler itself sits lower than it did with the standard base. I'm guessing it was made to the correct height for the 419 powder pan. The straw height was just barely too low for the V3 stock powder pan. Easy to fix with some taller rubber feet and a longer (20mm) thumbwheel screw.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I bought the 419 autotrickler base. It is very nice and solid, but the autotrickler itself sits lower than it did with the standard base. I'm guessing it was made to the correct height for the 419 powder pan. The straw height was just barely too low for the V3 stock powder pan. Easy to fix with some taller rubber feet and a longer (20mm) thumbwheel screw.

Thanks, so if you use the Area 419 powder "cup" then you don't need to add the feet or longer screws?
Pics if you have the time? would be great, and Thank you.

Last edited:

The Area 419 cup is shorter than the OEM powder cup.

OEM VS A419.jpg

Reactions: mildot326
Thanks, so if you use the Area 419 powder "cup" then you don't need to add the feet or longer screw?
Pics if you have the time? would be great, and Thank you.

The Area 419 replacement base is adequately tall enough to clear the Area 419 cup.

A419 CUP _ BASE.png

This shows the clearance with the thicker rubber feet and longer thumbscrew. Before the thicker feet were added the straw was resting on the lip of the V3 cup.
IMG_0467.JPG

Thicker feet on the base:
IMG_0468.JPG

Maximum angles with thumbscrew fully extended and fully seated. Replaced the stock Metric M5 X 12mm screw with a 20mm flathead allen screw and reused the same rubber foot.
IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

If you use the Area 419 cup, can you still use the centering tray that came with the V3? or do you need to get the Area 419 centering tray?

The OEM centering tray will still work to index the Area 419 cup, just wont seat as far back as the OEM cup.

The Area 419 replacement tray is a slick accessory, if budget permits.

OEM SPACER.jpg
A419 SPACER.jpg

This shows the clearance with the thicker rubber feet and longer thumbscrew. Before the thicker feet were added the straw was resting on the lip of the V3 cup.
View attachment 7369725

Thicker feet on the base:
View attachment 7369726

Maximum angles with thumbscrew fully extended and fully seated. Replaced the stock Metric M5 X 12mm screw with a 20mm flathead allen screw and reused the same rubber foot.
View attachment 7369729
View attachment 7369730

BTW where did you get/source the digital leveling gauge?

Any updates on fulfillment timeframes? I ordered on May24 through CE. Will post when I get a shipping notification

Thanks, looks to be a good quality unit and fairly inexpensive.
BTW, and I certainly don't want to "over think" this, but have you experimented with different angles for the trickler? to find a "best" position for both speed and accuracy? seems to me , given the fact you can easily measure the angle it might be pretty simple to do? or not, ;)
I just got the digital level so I haven't actually used it for anything yet. The theory is I will use it to set different angles on the autotrickler depending on the type of powder I'm using. Once I have the "correct" angle for a given powder I'll record it for future use. It'll make it that much easier and faster to set the "correct" angle when switching between powders.

I have used different angles on the autotrickler and it is part of the tuning process to get the proper amount of powder (it's in the V3 manual). So far for the powders I'm using it seems like a slight "upward" angle on the straw gives the most consistent results.

Edit: I forgot to give credit to Elfster for this. He shows setting up various angles for the autotrickler in one of his many V3 autotrickler videos. I just took it to the next logical step using a digital level.

Last edited:
I just got the digital level so I haven't actually used it for anything yet. The theory is I will use it to set different angles on the autotrickler depending on the type of powder I'm using. Once I have the "correct" angle for a given powder I'll record it for future use. It'll make it that much easier and faster to set the "correct" angle when switching between powders.

I have used different angles on the autotrickler and it is part of the tuning process to get the proper amount of powder (it's in the V3 manual). So far for the powders I'm using it seems like a slight "upward" angle on the straw gives the most consistent results.

:), LOL, great minds think alike, well when you get some "data" I hope you can share it with folks like me, cause I'm interested. Thank You.
I should have my setup in 4-6 weeks, so I'm slowly getting all my "ducks in a row". Cheers
I'll be using IMR 4831 for my 300WM to start.

Reactions: HemiPowrd

Edit: I forgot to give credit to Elfster for this. He shows setting up various angles for the autotrickler in one of his many V3 autotrickler videos. I just took it to the next logical step using a digital level.

I watched the video, you seem to be pretty close with the angle you have pictured? is that the "max"? did you ever consider getting the "reducer".Cheers

I watched the video, you seem to be pretty close with the angle you have pictured? is that the "max"? did you ever consider getting the "reducer".Cheers

The picture showing the closeup of the straw over the powder cup is the angle I ended up with for H4350. It's around -0.80 degrees. The other two pictures with the digital level in them are just to show max positive and negative angles with the mods I did to the feet and thumbscrew.

After watching Elfster's video with the reducer I didn't see where it was giving any more accuracy than without it. I get very consistent results with no reducer so don't see the need for it.