• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

An alternative is find someone in your area who does granite counter tops and get scrap cut outs from sinks.
This. I found a local granite supply place and they took me out back of their shop and there were tons of extra pieces to choose from. They sell the scraps for $5.

Reactions: 6.5SH
Does anyone have a link to where I can buy one of those nice thick granite blocks for my A&D scale to sit on, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for one of the heavy ones..
I went to a local granite countertop place and they let me take what ever scrap I wanted.

My place in line finally came up! Yay!

Box showed up last week and my heart sank… UPS which is usually really good had done the goon squad on the box.

5655C7CB-BCF5-4B30-AFD2-3D8E511CE5D8.jpeg

Thank goodness that CE Products understands double and triple boxing and how to really pack for success! Perfect condition (as far as I can tell) and everything inside intact.

Now that I have my IKEA auto trickler… I am off to enroll at MIT to learn to put it together….

A49893FE-B097-47D4-8015-0FF3EC90ADFA.jpeg

In seriousness, the instructions are great. Going to take them to the house and read them tonite about 5 times before I even open the little baggies. Saturday is supposed to be 80 here. Air conditioning in reloading room tells me I’ll be putting a scale together.

Kudos to CE products for everything so far! It is also so refreshing to get instructions in The Kings English, and not translated in to some kind of mock Spanglish from Hindi by a dyslexic Azerbaijani poet.

Gives me hope for America. Even if they are Canadian!

Awesome!

Sirhr

I used to have serious static issues with my scales. Not any more.
Last thing I want to do is make my garage where I reload humidified. Even running a propane heater in the winter leads to rust in Utah of all places. I'd rather have it dry.

Reactions: reubenski
My place in line finally came up! Yay!

Box showed up last week and my heart sank… UPS which is usually really good had done the goon squad on the box.

View attachment 7897714

Thank goodness that CE Products understands double and triple boxing and how to really pack for success! Perfect condition (as far as I can tell) and everything inside intact.

Now that I have my IKEA auto trickler… I am off to enroll at MIT to learn to put it together….

View attachment 7897715

In seriousness, the instructions are great. Going to take them to the house and read them tonite about 5 times before I even open the little baggies. Saturday is supposed to be 80 here. Air conditioning in reloading room tells me I’ll be putting a scale together.

Kudos to CE products for everything so far! It is also so refreshing to get instructions in The Kings English, and not translated in to some kind of mock Spanglish from Hindi by a dyslexic Azerbaijani poet.

Gives me hope for America. Even if they are Canadian!

Awesome!

Sirhr
Was it this guy?
1656017773261.jpeg

Last thing I want to do is make my garage where I reload humidified. Even running a propane heater in the winter leads to rust in Utah of all places. I'd rather have it dry.
Yeah, propane heaters make lots of water vapor… and that vapor then likes to condense on the coldest items (those slowest to heat up in the garage)…namely metal things.

Humidifiers and dehumidifiers should only be used to get/keep an appropriate amount of humidity.

I would think you could use one in places like Utah, to keep it ~40%. You won’t encourage rust or condensation… and below that is where the amount of static electricity starts increasing dramatically.

Just a thought.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Just did a test to see if scale drift is solved/mitigated by grounding the scale. I took my v4 and plugged it in for about an hour. I then tested the following setups for drift:
  1. Glass measuring cup / scale grounded using the grounding bolt plugged into my house ground
  2. Glass measuring cup / scale not grounded
  3. Area419 metal cup / scale grounded
  4. Area419 metal cup / scale not grounded
I put the measuring cup on the scale, zeroed it, and then checked for drift from zero every 5 minutes three times (so the total time the cup sat on the scale was 15 minutes). No activities were taking place while I was testing. The room was empty except for when I entered to do my measurements and then left.

I observed no drift. This leads me to conclude that drift is caused by actions taking place during the reloading process. I am now going to have to come up with a way to do more testing to see if I can narrow it down.

Please Try running the V4 and see if the spinning part generate the static electricity

I’m concerned that the V4 generates the static, transferring to the powder then the cup.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Just for clarification. Are we talking about drifting zero weight in between throwing charges and emptying the cup? I did notice mine returning to a weight that was 0.02 GN different a few times in loading 50 rds. 95% time it returned to exactly the same weight though. It seems to zero itself before throwing another charge so wasn’t sure if this was even relevant??

Thanks

Just for clarification. Are we talking about drifting zero weight in between throwing charges and emptying the cup? I did notice mine returning to a weight that was 0.02 GN different a few times in loading 50 rds. 95% time it returned to exactly the same weight though. It seems to zero itself before throwing another charge so wasn’t sure if this was even relevant??

Thanks
When I refer to a drift I mean that an empty measuring cup will go from showing 0 on the scale to showing that it weighs .002, .004, etc. as time passes. Another example would be that if I had a charge weighing 30gr in the cup on the machine and I left the room and came back 10 min later and it was showing 30.4g.

When I refer to a drift I mean that an empty measuring cup will go from showing 0 on the scale to showing that it weighs .002, .004, etc. as time passes. Another example would be that if I had a charge weighing 30gr in the cup on the machine and I left the room and came back 10 min later and it was showing 30.4g.
I see. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, mine doesn’t do that. I use aftermarket the plate cover and glass cup. It’s on a 2 x 10 wood base. 🤷‍♂️

I just finished for the night. V4 has been on for 4 hrs.

My V4 has no extra ground. Its just plugged into the strip that came with the bench. Surge strip I think. Using the glass cup that came with it, LED's on press near by, florescent was on (underside of bench shelf above V4).

Still dead on zero & giving 5.5 - 6.25 second drops of Lever @ +- 30.0 gr.

My house is a very stable 77 degrees with 55% humidity FWIW.

IMG_7039.jpg

I got my invoice and paid on the 14th of this month but no shipment info yet, is that normal or should I send then an email?

I have since tapped the small tube about 1/3 the way in with 1/4-20 tap. That was as far as it would reach.

I’ve also ordered an Acme 1/4-16 Tap and new .310 tubing. I’ll be making a new small feed tube Acme tapped all the way through with the current tip.

With larger grain powders like H4350/N555 I need to much tilt to get smooth feeding from the small tube. Then the big tube overthrows on small charge loads in mid 20-30gr range. The advanced settings are to fine to account for it hence why I’m making a new small tube that’ll auger coarse powder through.

My current settings are great for all fine ball powders, but of coarse this only works with my small tube configuration.

3999B3B7-6F03-4542-B82B-84BEA23220C5.png

47E75979-F3B6-4525-808E-3726AC402330.jpeg

Reactions: pfl338
I just finished for the night. V4 has been on for 4 hrs.

My V4 has no extra ground. Its just plugged into the strip that came with the bench. Surge strip I think. Using the glass cup that came with it, LED's on press near by, florescent was on (underside of bench shelf above V4).

Still dead on zero & giving 5.5 - 6.25 second drops of Lever @ +- 30.0 gr.

My house is a very stable 77 degrees with 55% humidity FWIW.

View attachment 7899526
77F?!?
Dang 🤣
FA3E0CCF-34AD-483C-B426-540659754237.jpeg

Damn Reub, you sound worried... if he's new, just tell him on the next anonymous employee survey to be sure to fill it out and to always be as honest as possible, no matter how bad it sounds, as it helps the company to improve in certain areas. He won't be around too much longer after that.. Problem solved.

I have since tapped the small tube about 1/3 the way in with 1/4-20 tap. That was as far as it would reach.

Hopefully Adam (or some other entrepreneur) is experimenting with a replacement trickle tube. I think that’s what it’s going to take to match the performance of the V3.

Just another's experience...

Loading 300 BO I was getting over runs with Enforcer which is an extremely fine powder.
I removed shims from the rear but did not re-calibrate, my charges stayed .02 under afterwards. I also have jthors tip attached.

The V4 is not perfect with every powder. I think thats a pretty tall order even at its price point.
Did the fine powder stick to the powder tube that moves the powder from the rear to the dispensing tip?

I ran some aa#5 through mine and I bet I spent 15 minutes cleaning it out. The powder coated the powder tube and I had to get a vacuum and a small artist paintbrush to get it clean.

I then ran several 40 grain loads of some old stick powder I had through it to try to get it all out.

Other than that I love mine.

Did the fine powder stick to the powder tube that moves the powder from the rear to the dispensing tip?

I ran some aa#5 through mine and I bet I spent 15 minutes cleaning it out. The powder coated the powder tube and I had to get a vacuum and a small artist paintbrush to get it clean.

I then ran several 40 grain loads of some old stick powder I had through it to try to get it all out.

Other than that I love mine.
Now I'll have to double double check. I thought it was all clean when I emptied it.

Are you guys leaving your autotricklers plugged in the whole time or disconnecting them when you are done? Does anyone know if the dispensing unit stays powered on even if the off button is pressed on the scale?

Put mine together today... arrived a couple of weeks ago and today was 'assembly' day.

Read the manual a couple of times. Did I mention well-written?

Went together just as described. Again, the instructions are fantastic.

v4 2.jpg
v4 1.jpg

Am needing to fireform some brass before I start loading with this. But it is ready to go.

Had one issue with getting the scale to toggle to 'grains' instead of grams. Went through instructions and not there. But found this great YouTube video that made it easy to set the grains.

Totally impressed so far! Looking forward to getting the app running (it tests fine) and running this on a batch of .300 WM or .338.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I’ve been disappointed by this system since I bought it. I’ve emailed Adam, I’ve fucked with settings, I’ve recalibrated every use, I’ve bought tips. Why on earth did I pay this much money for a scale that CONSTANTLY overthrows 30+%. Are other people’s working??

Last edited:
Mine is better with tips and shim kit. It probably is down to 1 in 10 now. Both purchased separately. But I agree it over throws way to much.

I also have messed with threading the small tube more. I’m not sure if that has made a difference. But it seems to keep the kernels more consistent on the small tube. But I purchased a long tap and the tap was to large on the extension to go all the way down the tube. So I tapped it as far as it would go. I think if they put the tip mod and threaded it all the way it would make a huge difference.

Last edited:
I have had to experiment with the custom settings but I might get a overthrow every 50 throws and when it is over its by a tiny amount. I am throwing mostly Varget and RL16, with some occasional H4350, H1000, and H4831. My times to throw are anywhere from 10sec to 25 sec worst case. I'd say that 15ish is the norm. Charge weights range from 21ish to 70ish.

I level out the scale and then do a calibration run. I then manually run the small tube and select a shim to put an angle on the thrower that allows the powder to flow in a steady stream. I then recalibrate. Then I go to custom settings and have the small tube kick in anywhere from 2 to 1.5 gr from target weight.

Hope this helps.

I have had to experiment with the custom settings but I might get a overthrow every 50 throws and when it is over its by a tiny amount. I am throwing mostly Varget and RL16, with some occasional H4350, H1000, and H4831. My times to throw are anywhere from 10sec to 25 sec worst case. I'd say that 15ish is the norm. Charge weights range from 21ish to 70ish.

I level out the scale and then do a calibration run. I then manually run the small tube and select a shim to put an angle on the thrower that allows the powder to flow in a steady stream. I then recalibrate. Then I go to custom settings and have the small tube kick in anywhere from 2 to 1.5 gr from target weight.

Hope this helps.
How do you run the small tube independently?

I have been using my scale for awhile now and haven't had any issues. From Varget, H4350, Match, to TAC; no issues. It actually seems to do better with time. I typically let it warm up for an hour + then calibrate 2 times. Throws quick and overthrows about 1-2% of the time.

How do you run the small tube independently?
@reubenski got this but a little more detail:
  1. Go to the screen on your phone/tablet that lets you choose charge weight
  2. To the right of the calibrate button is a fast (large tube) and slow (small tube) button
  3. The speed slider all the way at the bottom has a button next to it to go into custom speed settings where you can modify when the large tube cuts out and the small tube starts dropping powder

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunkin
I'm supposed to pay for the remainder of my v4 this month. Based on the issues is it advised to cancel?
The only issues are people complaing they can't drop 100gn of 570 in 3.2 seconds consistently. Depending on powder if you are happy with 15second drops you are gtg.

Reactions: Cobra M197