• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

Does the red light come on the bottom of the scale for you guys?

We cannot get that light on.

Tried again today with 3 devices. Doing everything the manual said. And could not connect.

The Red light is flashing on mine when powered off. Even with scale off I can connect to the V4. When connected the Red light is no longer flashing, just steady lit.

Tubing & Acme tap finally delivered. Next weekend project will be a new trickle tube for large kernal powder.
image.jpg

Tubing & Acme tap finally delivered. Next weekend project will be a new trickle tube for large kernal powder.View attachment 7934236
I hope it works out for ya, just seems like alot of work to get something to function correctly. I sold my V4, im gonna try the V3 and ingenuity precision route just to see if it's the tits.. The regular V3 was a good setup, it works, I just didn't like how you had to empty the trickler, the ingenuity precision one looks quick and simple. Good luck...

I hope it works out for ya, just seems like alot of work to get something to function correctly. I sold my V4, im gonna try the V3 and ingenuity precision route just to see if it's the tits.. The regular V3 was a good setup, it works, I just didn't like how you had to empty the trickler, the ingenuity precision one looks quick and simple. Good luck...
I have a V3 that I'm perfectly happy with. You're right about the trickler though.

I'm curious about the Ingenuity Precision trickler, but the price is a bit offputting........

I have a V3 that I'm perfectly happy with. You're right about the trickler though.

I'm curious about the Ingenuity Precision trickler, but the price is a bit offputting........
Agreed, it is pricey but from the videos I've watched so far, it sure looks sweet.. Im in the next batch so I should get to see pretty soon hopefully.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Did you try a reducing insert ? I bought a set off a member on here. I haven’t set up my v4 yet but others seam to have had good luck with them. I know it helped on my charge master.
Yes I tried them first, then made the one pictured. The V4 is great with my current tip & ball powder. It struggles with larger grain powder. I’m hoping that threading the small tube With the coarse Acme tap all the way through will help facilitate a smooth flow of the larger kernal powders.

Reactions: StaveyIL
Hope this isnt the wrong place. Ordered the new V4 in mid April 2022. Supposedly a late July delivery.
Anyone get one recently and mind teling me what date you ordered plz?
Thanks!
Post 1188 has your answer.

Oh man an upgrade to the V-3 has been on my wish list for a while this is awesome. Now to just shoot enough again to warrant reloading!

For what it’s worth, Adam helped me remedy my overthrow situation. It’s a bit of a long process and I revisit it every so often. Essentially throw a few 2.0gr drops then shift the unit around until the flow rate is at .19-.21.

There’s a few other steps and numbers to observe but it did work for me. I can PM his full instructions if someone is interested.

Another thing was to remove all the aftermarket widgets.

Now I’m throwing powder pretty good, I get a small over throw comparable to what my v3 was. Ultimately I’m not sure the v4 was the upgrade I was hoping for but after using it for 9ish months, I like it.

One final note, I don’t know if it just doesn’t matter but my scale is 100% not level to get the flow rate correct. This has made zero impact to my powder drops. I used to meticulously obsess over the level being spot on but not anymore. That’s just worked for me I suppose your results could vary.

Last edited:
Static. Wipe down the scale with a drier anti static sheet. Mine is grounded as well, but it will still build static. Recently had the same thing happen and it fixed the issue.
It's the cover. That's what caused my issues. Remove the aftermarket 3D printed cover and just use what came in the original packaging

I tried both today (removed the cover and wiped the unit down to decrease static).

It went a lot better, not perfect but probably an 80% reduction in drifting and overthrows.

Anyone know if the V3's are still available anywhere?

I think I might like to give a V3 + Ingenuity trickler a try...

Reactions: Jman2224
Anyone know if the V3's are still available anywhere?

I think I might like to give a V3 + Ingenuity trickler a try...
So far I have not been able to find anything but used. I’m looking to get an igennuity and get rid of my v4

I hadn't seen the Ingenuity trickler before. Just preordered one to try. Looks like a way to get Prometheus-like consistency from my V3, which is already light years ahead of the Chargemaster I was using before it.

Just found out that my April 14th order that was originally supposed to ship late July, early August is NOT - There is a page for updated schedules of shipping, Posting dates and link for anyone wanting more current info.
Well, back to the Charge master and the A&d SCALE. slow but accurate - but will miss the season.

(Updated August 18 2022. We have shipped orders up to January 9. Payment requests for at least the first half of January will be sent today.

Estimated schedule:
  • Ordered in January 2022, should ship by Sept 2nd
  • Ordered in February 2022, ship early September 2022
  • Ordered in March 2022, ship September 2022 probably
  • Ordered after April, est. 4-6 months from order date, check back late)

Just found out that my April 14th order that was originally supposed to ship late July, early August is NOT - There is a page for updated schedules of shipping, Posting dates and link for anyone wanting more current info.
Well, back to the Charge master and the A&d SCALE. slow but accurate - but will miss the season.

(Updated August 18 2022. We have shipped orders up to January 9. Payment requests for at least the first half of January will be sent today.

Estimated schedule:
  • Ordered in January 2022, should ship by Sept 2nd
  • Ordered in February 2022, ship early September 2022
  • Ordered in March 2022, ship September 2022 probably
  • Ordered after April, est. 4-6 months from order date, check back late)
I ordered on 1-23-22 and haven’t heard anything yet. Little worried after seeing many of the posts on here and all the guys looking to ditch the V4 for a V3. Hopefully we get the latest greatest from Adam with all the kinks worked out.🤷

I got mine a month or two ago and finally had a chance to use it last night. It overthrows far more often than not. I switched back to my V3 after spending almost a half hour of playing with settings and whatnot only to get 10 correct charges. It was at least .04gn over almost every time, regardless of settings.

I might tinker with it again today but so far I am not happy with it at all.

I got mine a month or two ago and finally had a chance to use it last night. It overthrows far more often than not. I switched back to my V3 after spending almost a half hour of playing with settings and whatnot only to get 10 correct charges. It was at least .04gn over almost every time, regardless of settings.

If you have the v3 buy an ingenuity trickler and sell the v4

I’m a new Autotrickler owner. I’ve been using my v4 for h4350 . Weighs to the grain 99% of the time. Maybe your settings are
off ?

Last edited:
I have a V2 and I'm considering going this route. I do really like the all in one unit of the v4 for space but just seem to be alot of issues with the v4.
If you want buy the tip mod and shim kit for the v4. I think jthor makes the tip mod.

The thing I don’t like is the constant over throwing. The tip mod and spacers help.

Before I bail on the V4 it would be helpful if Adam commented here on any planned revisions to address these issues. It’s a very nice, single unit setup but not as reliable as V1-3.

I know that Adam does have a planned software revision and I also know that he was pulled away from work on it over the summer due to some "major production issues". When I last communicated with him around mid-July, he was just getting back unto the software upgrade. In the interim, he has always offered to personally help anyone with problems tuning their V4. He told me that he only gets 1 or 2 calls a week for help which is surprising considering that are supposedly so many issues with the V4 and that he is the leading expert on the product.

Reactions: tydex21
For my V4 to throw any more precise it would have to literally split the 4350 grains. My experience with the V4 has been positive. It is brand new if that matters . It also came preprogrammed.

Reactions: PunkSnyper

The only time mine has acted like that was when I calibrated it with the tubes not being fully primed with powder. Even then it wasn't as bad as you're describing.
The last few reloading sessions I've had maybe one or two over throws out of ~500 drops with two different powders.
Honestly my only complaint with mine is it's use of Bluetooth LE which is a dumb protocol made worse by Android but I get it's use here. If I'm being really nit picky it takes a lot of powder to prime the thing.

I left my scale on for 48+ hours then went to reload 100x 6.5 Creedmoor w/ H4350. It overthrew once.

However, one issue I am running into is that the scale sometimes won't read 0.000 when I place the scoop back on the scale. Sometimes it shows -0.004 to -0.008 and I have to lift up on the scoop and set it back down then it will read 0.000. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

When my scale does that it's telling me my AC is running, turn the AC off or wait till the cycle ends and it's back to zero
Forgot to add I'm in the south so static isn't really one of my concerns

Reactions: S3th
I think it’s gonna take more than a software mod.
A revised trickle tube coupled with a screw type, elevation adjustment (I think it originally had one) might help.

Reactions: John Glidewell
You can have your screw elevation/tilt adjustment, but I think shims are the way to go as they are more easily repeatable. Level the scale and then throw in the shim(s) that worked the last time you loaded that powder. I don't like the idea of trying to judge just how far the bubble moved. A .010 shim will be a .010 shim every time. No comment yet re: the trickle tube.

Reactions: secondofangle2
You can have your screw elevation/tilt adjustment, but I think shims are the way to go as they are more easily repeatable. Level the scale and then throw in the shim(s) that worked the last time you loaded that powder. I don't like the idea of trying to judge just how far the bubble moved. A .010 shim will be a .010 shim every time. No comment yet re: the trickle tube.
I am using a printed tip and shims, no issues. The key is to make sure the set up is right. Scale settings / inputs are done right. I check every time I calibrate powders too. .18 to .22 on small tube produce best results. Most, not all, but most issues I have read about are user induced issues.

Reactions: StaveyIL
I think it’s gonna take more than a software mod.
A revised trickle tube coupled with a screw type, elevation adjustment (I think it originally had one) might help.
I agree a software fix alone won’t solve it. Software update would help a lot.
The settings adjustment seem very/too fine and aren’t intuitive. Keep the generic default settings, but the advanced settings need improvements.
I’d like to see large tube initial speed 1-10, high speed time in seconds 2 - 10 (with 1/4 sec marks between), large tube ramp down time 1-3 sec with 1/4 sec clicks. Grains under set load for large tube reverse 1-4 with fine adjustments between.
Currently not in the adjustment, I’d like to see a slider for small tube start/ramp in timing scaled from 2sec pre-start - start upon stable scale.
Small tube same as large tube above.

And for Fucks sake give us a settings memory for powders 1-10.

To @DellaDog second point, I’m not confident an elevation adjustment alone will work. The issue I’ve noticed is that with ball powder this thing rocks, however as you go coarser on grains the flow rate split between coarse tube - fine tube grows. If I shim the back to get a smooth steady flow from the small tube then the big tube is dumping way to fast.

I tried to strike a better balance of large-small flow split via making a new small tube that is Acme thread tapped all the way through + a 4 start super coarse Acme thread tip. It’s better, but still the small tube is damn near level when you get the large tube flow rate in the range where it doesn’t constantly overthrow. Large kernel powder just needs more tilt to the small tube to get even flow.

If I were to do 1 more mod to this, it would be a way to make the small tube independently elevation adjustable from the large tube. The V4 has this relationship locked & I think that’s where the biggest problem is.

Sorry this may have already been covered but which scales/balance will work with the auto trickle?

I’m not confident an elevation adjustment alone will work. The issue I’ve noticed is that with ball powder this thing rocks, however as you go coarser on grains the flow rate split between coarse tube - fine tube grows. If I shim the back to get a smooth steady flow from the small tube then the big tube is dumping way to fast.
So, bottom line, are you saying that you can only get your V4 to work with ball powders?

So, bottom line, are you saying that you can only get your V4 to work with ball powders?
I’m saying it works exceptionally well with ball. Reliable 6 second drops & no overthrows.

Initially I was really struggling to get acceptable results with 4350 N555. Tons of overthrows & or 15 seconds to drop the last 2 Kernels. After mods (small tube & tip) it’s much better, but still have to tweak level + settings between powders to get it there.

Improve settings software & add elevation adjuster to small tube or make small tube a little bigger with a true auger thread in it, this V4 would be tits.

Don’t get me wrong it beats the snot out of a Charge Master.

Overheating may be an issue. I reloaded 50 .223 in my garage today. it's about 100 in SLC, UT, and probably about that in the garage. Large motor bound up in heat and just buzzed and would not turn. Brought it inside and it cooled down and appears to be working again. Just FYI

My last session I ran H4350, RL26, TS15.5, & Lever.
It ran them all fine. I had plans to make the small tube independently tilt adjustable, but it’s working pretty dam good now.
FYI - I use small Allen keys to shim the back as needed to get small tube flowing .2 - .23 with powders like H4350.

Just received my notice to pay, and payed, for my V4 for CE Products. Not 100% if I'm going to keep it or just end up selling it. I don't load a lot and I loaded 216 rounds of 6GT(h4350) using my Chargemaster with about five overthrows and none were over .1 grains. I just pulled a couple kernels out and in the case they went. I would like a bit more resolution/accuracy using the better scale and the V4 is a very neat unit to watch. Will see.

What extras do I need if I decide to keep my new V4? I'm assuming the reducer is a must have.

Last edited:
Just received my notice to pay, and payed, for my V4 for CE Products. Not 100% if I'm going to keep it or just end up selling it. I don't a lot and I loaded 216 rounds of 6GT(h4350) using my Chargemaster with about five overthrows and none were over .1 grains. I just pulled a couple kernels out and in the case they went. I would like a bit more resolution/accuracy using the better scale and the V4 is a very neat unit to watch. Will see.

What extras do I need if I decide to keep my new V4? I'm assuming the reducer is a must have.
I like the tip mod for the small tube and shim kit.