• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Awesome M14/ M1A armorer tool....

Re: Awesome M14/ M1A armorer tool....

Hello Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is George, I am the designer/inventor of the <span style="font-weight: bold">patent pending M14/M1A/M1 Garand Multi-Tool & Ordance Gauge</span> called <span style="font-weight: bold">THE ARMORER™</span> that is mentioned above. Some of the 30+ functions/utilities are as follows:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Precision Ordnance Gauge Functions:</span>
* Muzzle Wear Gauge
* Throat Erosion Gauge (M14)
* Throat Erosion Gauge (M1)
* Flash Hider Alignment Gauge

<span style="font-weight: bold">Main Tool Functions/Uses:</span>
* Gas Nut Wrench
* Bolt Roller Greaser
* Trigger Group Disassembly Tool/Pin Punch
* 1/4" hex socket for standard drive bits
* Gas Piston Holder
* Grease Container
* Gasketed, Dry Storage Compartment
* Rear Sight Tool
* Butt Stock Screw Tool
* Extractor Claw Cleaner
* Bolt Face Carbon Scraper
* Stock Liner Tool
* Magazine Floor Plate Tool
* Etc. Click Here for Complete Specs

BAD-T1AD2.jpg

Even with 30+ functions/uses, this multi tool & precision gauge is not going to be all things for all people and will not replace some of the single use tools/gauges in the shop. However, if I can even make a small percentage of my fellow M14/M1 Garand shooters happy and their lives easier, I have achieved my goal.

I am a firearms enthusiast and collector like many of you here. I am not a large corporation but a small American owned business based in Henderson, Nevada. My company is called <span style="font-weight: bold">Battle Arms Development, Inc.</span> I have a made conscious decision to design, develop, engineer, and manufacture everything here in the U.S. so I may support other small businesses and help create/keep jobs here, not overseas, and to ensure that my quality standards are upheld.

I know the tool is not inexpensive as it is catered towards more of the middle to high-end crowd where quality is of the up most importance. We did not set a target price and then made a tool to fit that price. We put the cost aside and designed the best tool that we possibly can with the best quality and materials. After we were done, the price is where it needed to be.

Manufacturing everything here in the USA has its costs and we made a conscious decision to still make it here instead of overseas. I think many of us are probably tired of our jobs going overseas while many Americans sit unemployed. We have worked hard to get the cost down and have contacted over a dozen different machine shops in the US and so far this is the best option.

The good news is that if you don't already own a lot of the gauges and tools, it will actually cost you less money. If you check some of the very well recognized M14/Garand websites such as Fulton Armory, Scott Duff, Brownells, etc., you will find just 3 of the 30 tools/functions add up to be about $187.50 not including shipping, etc.

M1/M14 TE Gauge = $82.50
.30 CAL MW Gauge = $35
Flash Hider Alignment Gauge = $70

If you then add up the rest (20+ remaining tools/functions) that it replaces, plus some that currently do not even exist or have an comparable equal, you're looking at way over the MSRP of the tool. You will also have to contend with the added weight, bulk, and non of the innovation.

If you already own many of the tools and gauges then you're probably set and will not save much by buying this tool. However, you will still get the added convenience of portability (as it fits in the butt stock) and to have the right tool at the right time when you need it is priceless. There is a Group Buy going on now on M14TFL.com so people can get on the <span style="font-weight: bold">waiting list</span> for the first production run at an introduction rate for the complete tool and custom pouch made especially for us by <span style="font-style: italic">Battlecloth</span>. The product is not available for purchase yet.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here are some images of the tool:

Stock Liner Tool
rotation06.jpg

M14 Throat Erosion Gauge (Also for M1 Garand with added spacer)
rotation07.jpg

USGI Flash Hider Alignment Gauge
rotation08.jpg

Rear Sight Tool
rotation13.jpg

Trigger Group Disassembly Tool
rotation15.jpg

Butt Stock Storage Configuration
rotation11.jpg

Magazine Floor Plate Puller/Disassembly Tool
rotation16.jpg
</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">
There are many many more. Please visit the Photo Gallery for a complete list of 40 application images:
http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/badt1.php#</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">DOWNLOAD MANUAL HERE</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">We have four more new, soon to be patent pending, products that are due to release this year for the AR15/AR10 and for the M14/M1A/M1 Garand.

We are also looking to develop something for the Bolt Action Rifles (ie. Remington 700 and many others) plus an Optics Accessory for you precision shooters out there. </span>

I am looking forward to showing them to you here and get all of your feedback.

Thank you all for reading.

Regards,

George

WOW that is beautifully made... I love tools like this.. I will wait for your ar15 version

George,

Welcome to the HIDE, it is always nice to see someone bringing quality kit to the site.

I wish I was still running a M14. Hell I would almost go buy one if they were not so damn expensive, just to use your M14/M1A multi-tool. I had a canvas bag with all the tools for a M14/M1A and at times thought I was toting around a plumbers tool kit. Very nice craftsmanship with fluid functionality in a compact man packable package. If you are so inclined I would be more than happy to send you a list of tools to incorporate into a M4/AR armors tool.

Good luck with your armorer tool and if I can ever be of assitance please feel free to shoot me a PM, Email or call my cell.

Danel Jenkins

Thank you all for your comments.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Danel</span>, I would be happy to hear what suggestions that you have for the AR15. Please email me your wish list.

Just so you know, the first, <span style="font-weight: bold">two part</span>, AR-15 multi-tool is going to be a very compact tool that may be the smallest AR15 tool on the market. This puts quite a bit of constraint on what can be incorporated into the tool but those tools that are incorporated will be extremely portable and be there when you need it the most. I am still working out on different creative ways to get more into a tiny package...like THE ARMORER(TM) Tool.

The first part of the multi-tool will fit inside a forward grip or pistol grip such as the Tango Down grips. Then if you combine the first and the 2nd tool, of the 2 part set, they will fit together to go inside the SOPMOD or VLTOR stock tube (just one tube).

There will also be a 3rd (maybe 4th) tool/kit that is designed to fit into the 2nd stock tube. So think in terms of those design parameters. The patent is in the works but there is still time for me to incorporate more innovations.

George

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,

Welcome to the HIDE, it is always nice to see someone bringing quality kit to the site.

I wish I was still running a M14. Hell I would almost go buy one if they were not so damn expensive, just to use your M14/M1A multi-tool. I had a canvas bag with all the tools for a M14/M1A and at times thought I was toting around a plumbers tool kit. Very nice craftsmanship with fluid functionality in a compact man packable package. If you are so inclined I would be more than happy to send you a list of tools to incorporate into a M4/AR armors tool.

Good luck with your armorer tool and if I can ever be of assitance please feel free to shoot me a PM, Email or call my cell.

Danel Jenkins </div></div>

Okay gentlemen; George has opened the door for some input to a tool in the form of a compact readily accessible maintenance tool that can benefit a lot of us running the AR platform. So think about what failures you have encountered, cleaning requirements, and adjustments you make to your M4/M16/AR systems and what you need in the way of a tool to keep it up and running. Compared to the M14 the AR is certainly less labor intensive to keep it squared away but there are issues that would be nice to have the tools handy to keep it running at its best.
George Thank You for your willingness to accept input and provide feedback. You build some really nice kit.

I will be sending you my list shortly.

Danel

I just received word that the tools are on their way to us from manufacturing.

I am hoping some of you will have THE ARMORER™ in your hands very soon to try out and give me feedback!

BTW - Here is a sneak peak at our version of the <span style="font-weight: bold">M14, M1A, SEI GLFS (Gas Lock Front Sight), and M1 Garand Gas Cylinder Lock Wrench</span> that will compliment BAD-T1 THE ARMORER(TM). The following images are of the PROTOTYPES:

TOP Double Ended 3/8" Thick Wrench: BOTTOM Double Ended 1/2" Thick Wrench - The holes are threaded and used as Gas Plug Holders (so they don't get lost) and Gas Piston Holder (to keep the gas piston from rotating when using a drill bit to clean out the carbon)
DSC06491.jpg

TOP Standard 1/4" Thick Single Function Wrench for comparison : MIDDLE 3/8" Prototype Wrench : BOTTOM 1/2" Prototype Wrench
DSC06499.jpg

DSC06498.jpg

They will be made out of Aircraft Grade 7075-T6 Aluminum and Hard Coat Anodized....very tough like many of the high quality AR15 Lower Receivers. These tools will be "Made In USA" as well.

Hey Don! Long time no "see".

The first production run of the THE ARMORER(TM)is finally here. I am busy getting the first group buy orders out. I am hoping to have the Gas Cylinder Lock Wrenches by next weekend.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here are pictures of the tool being shorted </span>
BAD-T1Production1.jpg

BAD-T1Production2.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"> The finish is a bit darker on some tools as they vary due to the heat treating and oil quenching. The Muzzle Wear and Throat Erosion Gauge sections are not heat treated so they are brighter and more shiny. Here is an example of one of the darker finished ones:</span>
BAD-T1Production3.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here are the (4) different colors/patterns pouch options offered</span>
BAD-T1PouchColors.jpg

We have recently made a <span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">MAJOR UPDATE</span></span> to the <span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">BAD-T1 MANUAL</span></span>. Now it includes <span style="font-weight: bold">application photos </span>next to each of the (32) diagrams and some updated directions.

You can download the latest manual <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">HERE </span></span>

Regards,

George

BAD-T1 VIDEO DEMO!!

I know many people have been asking to see a video demo of the <span style="font-weight: bold">BAD-T1</span>.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">The VIDEO DEMO is finally here!</span></span> The video is by one of our customers who go by <span style="font-weight: bold">Different</span> on M-14 Firing Line, Lee Emerson, who authored a two volume book on the M14/M1A Rifle.

Lee was nice enough to help us out on the lack of video demonstration of the BAD-T1 and did a instructional video himself on how to maintain the M14/M1A using THE ARMORER(TM) this weekend. Thank you Lee!

Here are the two video links on <span style="font-weight: bold">YouTube</span>:

<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsbc99uaLBE

PART 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzzx5T2mZOU</span></span>

I hope this will help everyone see how to utilize the tool.

George

Re: BAD-T1 VIDEO DEMO!!

The T1 tool is complicated, but it has to be, in order to accomplish so many functions in such a tight package. I don't believe such an extensive tool exists for the M14/M1A, or any other platform for that matter.

Nice videos, I've complained every time I had to take apart my M1A, now I'm going to do it just to play with my T1 tool
smile.gif

M14, M1A, M1 Garand, SEI GLFS Wrenches

<span style="font-weight: bold">The BAD-T3 and BAD-T4's M14/M1A, M1 GARAND, and SEI Gas Lock Front Sight Wrenches</span> are now available. Here are the latest pictures:

BAD-T3TopT4Bottom-Small.jpg

BAD-T4TopT3Bottom-Small.jpg

There is already a <span style="font-weight: bold">Group Buy</span> going on for the BAD-T1 and the BAD-T3/T4 on another forum. Feel free to PM and I'll fill you in on the details. Thanks.

I bought mine in the group buy on the M14 net. You save money and there will be other tools coming. Just wish I haden't bought the Garand tool to hold my gas cylinder when removing the plug.

George,

Very nice job in all regards!

If you do decide to have a group buy for the new tool, please let me know.

Will the AR version be compatible with the 308 platform?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,

Very nice job in all regards!

If you do decide to have a group buy for the new tool, please let me know.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">If you're referring to the BAD-T3 and BAD-T4, there is currently a Group Buy here: CLICK HERE

It is essentially <50% of the cost of a comparable wrench or you get more than DOUBLE the functions for your money, pending how you look at it. The GB also includes FREE shipping. You also go directly to our dealer's website at: BAD-T3 HERE and BAD-T4 HERE
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the AR version be compatible with the 308 platform?</div></div>

The AR version should be compatible with the 308 platform but it is still in development. We're trying to get as many feedback from those who are experienced and known for their expertise in the AR platform before we settle on a design. It is proving to be a long and complicated process but necessary in order to get you the most "polished" end product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,

What is BAD-T2 going to be like?</div></div>

At this point all I can say is that it will fit INSIDE the 2ND Butt Stock Storage Tube compartment of the M14 Stock and should have functions that compliments the BAD-T1. All the tool functions and gauge functions that is currently not part of the <span style="font-weight: bold">BAD-T1, T3, & T4</span> could be in the <span style="font-weight: bold">BAD-T2</span>, with the exception of the Castle Nut Pliers and Handguard Clip Pliers as they are too large.

It will most likely include be a bolt disassmebly tool, chamber & bore brush cleaning kit, gas cylinder gauge, etc. etc. If you own a GI Bolt Disassmebly tool you'll know how big that hunk of metal is and trying redesign that and fit it inside the short stock tube quite a challenge, let alone trying to squeeze any other functions into the tool.

We're working hard on keeping the cost down while not compromising on the quality. It will also be made 100% in the USA like all of our other products.

George

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">Battle Arms Development, Inc. - Website Update!</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> * BAD-T1 THE ARMORER(TM) M14/M1A and M1 Garand Multi-Tool & Ordnance Gauge - Updated!</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> * BAD-T3 & BAD-T4 Gas Cylinder Wrenches - Web Pages, Tech Specs, and Photos Added!</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">* Online <span style="color: #FF0000">SHOPPING CART</span> - Now Active! VISA, Master, and Discover accepted. Can be used to process Group Buy.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> * BAD-T1 VIDEO DEMO Added! </span>

YouTube Video #1

YouTube Video #2

Hi everyone!

We've waited months for this and the <span style="font-weight: bold">BAD-T1 Gen 2</span> is finally here!

The new and improved <span style="font-weight: bold">BAD-T1 Gen 2</span> is now finished with <span style="font-weight: bold">IONBOND</span> (a diamond like coating) to improve corrosion & scratch resistance and to give the T1 an uniform metallic silver/grey finish. Website

BAD-T1Gen2-3.jpg

BAD-T1Gen2-1.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">

We also came up with a new & improved replacement Screw & Bracket for the MATECH BUIS.
</span>
Improvements include:

(1) Thicker and Stronger Mounting Bracket - CNC'ed out of solid bar stock steel, not cast or metal injection molded.
(2) Stronger Screw - approx. double the yield strength of the original screw
(3) Countersink Hole - allows the screw head to be semi-recessed
(4) Re-Aligned Screw Hole - minimizes canting of the screw
(5) Smaller Allen Head Socket - minimize over torquing

***BRACKET IN IMAGE SHOWN IN NATURAL UNFINISHED STATE FOR CONTRAST. ACTUAL PRODUCT IS FINISHED IN BLACK PHOSPHATE.

Matech%20Bracket%20Comments%201.jpg

Thank you.

George @ Battle Arms