• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXIL GS extreme hearing buds ?

Ear buds, no matter how "extreme" are not enough to prevent hearing damage. Muffs combined with plugs are your best protection. I got that info from an ENT Doctor/shooting friend many years ago. Back then, plugs with muffs were a pain. Now that we have muffs with active NR and can hear with plugs in too, it's great. Bone conduction hearing loss is the threat and is somewhat mitigated with muffs. Just MHO.

Ear buds, no matter how "extreme" are not enough to prevent hearing damage. Muffs combined with plugs are your best protection. I got that info from an ENT Doctor/shooting friend many years ago. Back then, plugs with muffs were a pain. Now that we have muffs with active NR and can hear with plugs in too, it's great. Bone conduction hearing loss is the threat and is somewhat mitigated with muffs. Just MHO.
Never can get a good cheek weld with muffs at all

I have had 2 sets of the Axil ear buds. One set of the expensive ones and the other set is the older version of what you have a link to. Neither are enough if you are shooting a rifle with a break. I use them when I am shooting rimfire matches and that is it. I have a friend that has some of the custom molded ear plugs and says they work great but they are significantly more expensive. If I am shooting centerfire I just use the cheap foam plugs and put electronic muffs over them. When I am shooting I do need to pull one side up to get a check weld though. As long as I’m directly behind the rifle and not getting hammered by other guys breaks the foam plug in the one ear is enough though.