• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Axil Xcor ear buds anyone?

Boatninja

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2018
Out there somewhere
Any reports? I know they are new but maybe someone here has probably tried them.
I have a couple of pairs of their older model that are connected by a wire and I would say they are fair but I usually end up wearing my Peltor muffs.

Man if you want in ear just break bread and buy the otto noizebarriers. I know I know there too expensive but honestly might be the best dollar for dollar I’ve spent on shooting gear to date. Just my lousy opinion 🤷‍♂️

Man if you want in ear just break bread and buy the otto noizebarriers. I know I know there too expensive but honestly might be the best dollar for dollar I’ve spent on shooting gear to date. Just my lousy opinion 🤷‍♂️
The Otto Noizebarriers are superb. They have 2 levels of sound attenuation and simply work! They work great with the Comply ear tips that you can buy on Amazon (more comfortable than the Otto foam ear tips). Pricey, yes, but they work great and all my shooting friends who have them love them.

I have the otto noise-barrier -they worked great the 1st year (hunting ) 2nd year the run down in about 2 -3 hours in cold weather -they last about 4 hours in warm weather - they recharge in about a hour in the small case they come with . Im looking to buy more , not sure what kind , probably otto again -like to hear from someone who has ran 3m peltor . I wear hearing aids when Im not shooting -and they are AWESOME ,why cant someone make a set like that with noise protection ?

Reactions: giumau1
Also interested to see what folks have to say.
Yes Ottos are great, but the OP wasnt asking about $450 earpro. If you’ve got $450 to spend, definitely buy the Ottos. But Id be curious to see how the Axils do for the $200 price point.

Harris & Sons > all

In ear buds are still going to attenuated sound to your ears, eventually resulting in hearing loss.

If you're serious about your hearing, wear muffs + inner ear pro. Or muffs + suppressor if not shooting indoors or under cover.