• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bad experience with SWFA, buyers beware

freeflight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2011
California
I made an order at SWFA. The total came up to be $149.97 including shipping and handling. SWFA charged $149.97 to my credit card first, then SWFA charged my credit card again for $11.77 (amount for shipping and handling).

This is charge is completely unauthorized. If I didn't look through my credit card statement carefully, this charge would have sneaked through. I have never had this kind of problem before. How could SWFA do business like this?

If you ordered from SWFA recently, you better check your credit card statement.

Re: Bad experience with SWFA, buyers beware

Why don't you call them and ask? Stupidity gets no sympathy here. You need to handle this with the source. If they tell you to screw off, then you may have a reason to bitch.

....did you call them back? did you email customer service? did your order actually justify free shipping?

there's people punching keys somewhere, most people F up at some time. i'd imagine it's some sort of human error.

even if everything was automatic, computer error is a bitch sometimes too.

http://swfa.com/About.aspx

i hope that you've done due diligence before knocking a very good supporter of this site, it's members, and those that even are not members here.

It is their mistake in the first place. Why should any customer spend his time to call to fix someone else's mistake? This kind of overhead is completely unreasonable.

If you run a shop, you better know what you are doing. Is this too much to expect here. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....did you call them back? did you email customer service? did your order actually justify free shipping?

there's people punching keys somewhere, most people F up at some time. i'd imagine it's some sort of human error.

even if everything was automatic, computer error is a bitch sometimes too.

http://swfa.com/About.aspx

i hope that you've done due diligence before knocking a very good supporter of this site, it's members, and those that even are not members here. </div></div>

The first charge is correct and match the amount in their order confirmation email.

The point is SWFA made a second charge manually, which is completely unauthorized and sneaky. I didn't receive any email notice whatsoever for it.

Just a heads up SWFA is a Hide Vendor / Supporter and will take care of the issue providing you let them know that there is an issue to begin with, and handle in a mature, adult manner before blasting them here. If you did call them / notify them and they did not take care of your issue thats another matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is their mistake in the first place. Why should any customer spend his time to call to fix someone else's mistake? This kind of overhead is completely unreasonable.

If you run a shop, you better know what you are doing. Is this too much to expect here. LOL</div></div>

you're an idiot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is their mistake in the first place. Why should any customer spend his time to call to fix someone else's mistake? This kind of overhead is completely unreasonable.

If you run a shop, you better know what you are doing. Is this too much to expect here. LOL</div></div>

you're an idiot </div></div>

How DARE they screw HIS order up...get over yourself Kevin. People screw up sometimes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your their only customer i presume?

so did you call?

let them know in any fashion?

wait for any kind of response? </div></div>

I am not their only customer. That is exactly the reason I post my experience. Other customers should check.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is their mistake in the first place. Why should any customer spend his time to call to fix someone else's mistake? This kind of overhead is completely unreasonable.

How DARE they screw HIS order up...get over yourself Kevin. People screw up sometimes. </div></div>

This won't be their only mistake. Thus I am posting to warn others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just a heads up SWFA is a Hide Vendor / Supporter and will take care of the issue providing you let them know that there is an issue to begin with, and handle in a mature, adult manner before blasting them here. If you did call them / notify them and they did not take care of your issue thats another matter. </div></div>

I am just posting my experience. You can support any forum you want, but it doesn't exempt you from customer's criticism when you make a mistake.

I don't know it is not okay to post bad experience here now

Your stupidity level is pretty much beyond help. You are warning others that SWFA may mess their order up on accident? Well good God, I'm glad you're here to warn everyone about the obvious....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is their mistake in the first place. Why should any customer spend his time to call to fix someone else's mistake? This kind of overhead is completely unreasonable.

How DARE they screw HIS order up...get over yourself Kevin. People screw up sometimes. </div></div>

This won't be their only mistake. Thus I am posting to warn others.

</div></div>

you're an idiot... if you go through life expecting no mistakes... people make mistakes, especially companies that deal w/ a metric shit ton of orders a day... until you give them a chance to fix it.... STFU!!!

but it sounds like you'd be the type of guy that expects more than the charge being reversed to consider it fixed... some free shit for your trouble and all

Have you contacted them? No? Then you won't get any sympathy here. Pick up the phone or email them. It's not hard. I've ordered from them many times with no problem.

Thanks for the heads up.
I always check my CC bill when it comes in anyway, and I would hope everybody else does, too.

I find it hard to believe SWFA did this on purpose; they have a very good reputation. I bet you can get this squared away with one short phone call.

You're not going to make any friends here attacking SWFA's integrity.

Joe

You never did say if you tried to contact them. And it is clear on their order form: "subtotal does not include tax or shipping"
There's also a shipping estimator.

FWIW:

I once got an ordered screwed up with SWFA.

Totally my fault. I called them, expected to eat shipping.

They took the item back, refunded my money and were professional and courteous. Even paid for return shipping.

Call them,

BMT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You never did say if you tried to contact them. And it is clear on their order form: "subtotal does not include tax or shipping"
There's also a shipping estimator. </div></div>

No no, he said there's no reason he should have to take time out of his busy self-absorbed life to fix "someone else's mistake." He needs to take his crying to BARFcom.

How do you expect them to correct their mistake (if its a mistake) if you don't bother calling them or emailing them? Hence, this is where you are an idiot. Please call them and then get back to us in this thread to show us how much of a dumbass you really are when they tell you why they charged you the 2nd time...

If you don't give them a chance to fix the problem then it's YOUR problem not theirs. I've had little mistakes from vendors happen before and none of them were a big deal. I called, they fixed it, end of story. I've never had a problem with SWFA but they're human just like the rest of us. Be careful about trashing them or any other site sponsor without good cause here. You won't like the replies. There are a lot of loyal SWFA customers here.

Call them. They are not in business to screw you out of 11 bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is their mistake in the first place. Why should any customer spend his time to call to fix someone else's mistake? This kind of overhead is completely unreasonable.

If you run a shop, you better know what you are doing. Is this too much to expect here. LOL </div></div>

Have done business with them several times over the years and everything has gone fine.
Now, that being said, shit does happen from time to time, even with a good vendor. So after you called them and they said "too bad so sad", well then you have a beef.

Oh wait... you did not even call to see how they would handle it.

If in your world mistakes never happen then good for you. In the real world mistakes DO happen and good companies and people own it and make it right.

You should have called first... instead your the one being unreasonable.

WTF? A fucking $149 order and you're crying about a $12 shipping charge?

I've bought a $3K Henny from SWFA, plus lots of other high end stuff totalling a few $K more, with no problems. No issues.

They are a SH sponsor because they are GTG.

This reminds me of a story:

"I just watched some guy make an illegal turn and cut off a hearse in a funeral procession.

I then watched as a cop pulled him over and made him sit there while the next 7 drivers in a row gave him the finger, one after the other. Then the light changed, traffic started going past the other way, and 4 more people flipped him off.

It's nice to see complete strangers all pull together to achieve something greater than themselves: letting some royal douche-canoe know that he is, by unanimous public vote, a waste of carbon. Gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside."

You sir, are that waste of carbon.

Your stupidity is staggering. SWFA is a stand up company. I've literally ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them, and they always take care of me. If they made a mistake, call them up, and they will take care of it. If you've not done this then STFU. You're wasting everyones time, including your own, and giving a good company a bad name.

I actually just had a great experience with them (have ordered multiple times). I had put the wrong billing address and it kicked my charge. They e-mailed me twice, I called them and while I was on the phone they tried my other address and it worked. They also made sure that I was only charged once, even though they had tried to run it multiple times (every time they made sure it reversed if not going through). After all that BS, they shipped it the same day. Great prices, great service, great company.

SWFA has been more than a friend to a lot of us here on the Hide... You'll get farther talking TO them, than about them on here...
wink.gif

Waste not only of carbon, but of oxygen...not to mention bandwidth and time. You've wasted more time (your own...yes, but more importantly, ours) coming here and bitching/moaning about what amounts to a simple mistake or oversight when a quick, couple minute phone call (at most) would have resolved the situation entirely and you'd have had your vast fortune refunded back to your card in short order.

For anyone who is NOT a complete tool that may be reading this...I have done thousands of dollars worth of business with SWFA over the years and I couldn't be more pleased with the products, service and the great people there!!

Kevin, sorry brother, but you sound like a douche bag here. Everyone makes mistakes, just call and mention it nicely. Now if they told you to F off, I can see why that would cause anger, but SWFA is a class act.

Your type of behavior in this situation is unwarranted. If everyone acts like this, businesses would fail and our economy would collapse.... oh sh**.... is that what happened?
wink.gif

These are the same bed wetters who bitch at the staff at restaurant because their coffee is too damn hot and they burned their pretty lips.

Keeping tags on YOUR credit card is YOUR responsibility, not the guy's half the country away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know it is not okay to post bad experience here now </div></div>

I think I see the problem. CA too. hmmm just thinking.

They are a great company with great products and an asset to be a Hide supporter. I don't get the beef. A quick call or email would have easily solved the issue. Go figure !!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is their mistake in the first place. Why should any customer spend his time to call to fix someone else's mistake? This kind of overhead is completely unreasonable.

Darn you, Force Multiplier, you beat me too it!!!!

grow up dude. shit happens. im sure it wasnt on purpose. swfa is not "out to screw you"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BirdEyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know it is not okay to post bad experience here now </div></div>

I think I see the problem. CA too. hmmm just thinking.</div></div>

Hey hey now! We're not all like this. :p Remember, 40% of us don't agree with the current "state of things".
smile.gif
(This doesn't count as a political statement right? Don't wanna get banned... will delete if it does)

Cry me a river so I can build you a bridge so you can get the fuck over it to a phone and call them. Can anyone say idiot with a capital I.

I am starting to see a trend here.
Maybe one should try hashing things out with the "offender" before bringing their whining to SH?
There are many fans of SWFA here. Guess you haven't been here long enough to know that, huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BirdEyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know it is not okay to post bad experience here now </div></div>

I think I see the problem. CA too. hmmm just thinking. </div></div>

Spoiled rich kid possibly? Son of a b movie producer in LA LA Land is he?
Fixated on mommy for experience too? $11, go cry to someone who give a damn...

I think I see the problem. CA too. hmmm just thinking.</div></div>

Hey come on I'm from CA hehehe
laugh.gif

To me it sounds like sandy vagina syndrome
laugh.gif

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="font-size: 26pt"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> ... <span style="color: #FF0000">FAIL</span>, I am an idiot!!!</span> </span> </div></div>

grin.gif

Royal douche canoe, now thats funny!

I once got overpayed 4cents on a paycheck, you know how long i had to sit on a phone to get it straightened out, well it was a fucking long time so i sympathize op. Please dont take offense but you may be mildly retarded

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Royal douche canoe, now thats funny!

I once got overpayed 4cents on a paycheck, you know how long i had to sit on a phone to get it straightened out, well it was a fucking long time so i sympathize op. </div></div>

Usually those paycheck things work themselves out. They would have found the error and taken out 8 cents to clear it up!

I have used SWFA many times and never had a problem. Do what the others say and contact them. They cant fix a problem they don't know about.

If you run a shop, you better know what you are doing. Is this too much to expect here. LOL </div></div>

With my first reply, I was attempting to assist your limited knowledge on SWFA's reputation and guide you in correcting your etiquette and suggest as others that you call them to politely deal with the issue. I understand that you may have been charged an additional fee to which you feel that you should not have to pay or allready paid with the order. The fact that they support the Hide means that they are not known for douche baggery and take care of fellow Hide members or anyone for that fact. If they did not, the customer base here would ensure that they did not promote thier business ot items on this site i.e. Counter Sniper Scopes " cringe" . The mere fact that you feel they should automatically know that they have done wrong and correct this issue without them knowing that a problem or issue exists, makes me wonder if you are of the female gender. Thank you for confirming that my lack of faith in humanity is not cynicism and that you can't fix stupid.

Those sorry fuckers at SWFA refuse to invest in a quality crystal ball. I'm sure theirs is out for repair again. Just be patient. Once it is returned in working order, they'll immediately contact you to straighten this out. Don't call them though. They get pretty ornery when their balls are busted. The $12 charge is probably due to one of their delivery fairies being injured by a reindeer, that was texting while flying. When their fairies go down, they can't make deliveries with happy thoughts. They have to pay people to transport the items with vehicles powered by an internal combustion engine, rather than pixie dust.... Good luck with it. I know how frustrating it is to deal with SWFA. I've had to wait months to receive scopes that were discounted up to $500. The audacity.....

I'm totally with you on this one man, those guys are terrible. I had a broken SS10x42 scope that wouldn't track right, and when I sent it back to them, instead of fixing the scope I sent them, they just gave me a new one the next day. A BRAND NEW ONE! I was in love with that old scope, it was my trusty companion and my friend; and they took him away from me! That's like the parents who let their kid's pet die and then try replacing it with one which looks the same in the hopes the kid won't notice, only the kid does and it ruins their whole childhood.

Seriously, let it go; you're making yourself sound petulant and childish. SWFA is a great company and I couldn't be happier with my experiences with them and their track record is pretty proven, they handle things very well, they have great CS; only you didn't bother to talk to them about it, you just came here to bitch.