• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad Storms in Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa

sandhiller

Just sloggin' through life
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2008
Nebraska
In Nebraska this afternoon and still going on in Iowa tonight

One near Omaha was estimated a mile wide with winds of 230 mph

A lot more pics on facebook which I don't do.

This, crossing I80 near Lincoln

1714188068521.png

1714188100683.png

The town of Elkorn Neb took a hit

1714188149658.png

People just drive by these things like la de da? I'm pretty sure I'd be turning around if I was within 10 miles. And the check shorts light might be on at even that far of a distance. Nuts.
As far as I know, they don't give a IQ test when taking a drivers test.
Stupid people are everywhere and it seems the percentage of them is higher every day.

Drivers in storms are idiots. Im 80 miles north of Omaha so we just got the fringe of the storms. Kids are in Omaha on 168th just a mile east of the tornados path. If the tornado would have been 1 or 2 miles east there would have been many fatalitites. Her boss lives in Bennington, severe damage there. A friends 85 year old Mom who lives alone, is in rural Harlan IA which is where we are heading today to cleanup and repair some windows. I'll post more when I get home. Another round of storms today is predicted.

Monster wedge over a mile wide. Locals are saying first F5 designation in more than a decade. Multiple vortices also spotted:

Guys with drones were accredited with spotting and tracking that entire storm and pinpointing it's exact location at all times so yesterday's Tornado Emergency alerts were very accurate, saving countless lives.

Screenshot_2024-04-28-18-29-46-64_4b14b257287ac0a6d1fd5fbb2487716f.jpg

One of the houses on the outside corner was an old friends' place. Haven't seen her in a few years. One of the kids (late teens) and a dog had minor injuries, but thankfully that's all. The house is matchsticks now. She's had a rough go. Husband got lost in the bottle, and now this..