• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bad weather down south - check-in

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Hey, I am just seeing how the weather was something terrible last night with a lot of damage in AL and 3 lost.

Have we heard from our AL guys?

@j-huskey
@Alabusa
@Gunfighter14e2
@Major Wader - i think

@MtnCreek - not AL but close.

I dont know others but dang.

I knew TX had ice.

Anyways. Thinking of all you and praying all made it through alright.

Just got through a line of strong storms in upstate, SC. Tornado warning earlier tonight about 20 miles from us. Lots of reports on the emergency radio net regarding trees & power lines down. Our power was out for about 90 minutes - came back on a few minutes ago. No reports of injuries, but reports of a roof blown off one structure.

Still raining, but storms have passed.

That storm was bad here. There were three people killed th the Shreveport Bossier area. A middle school had its roof ripped off, ripping the sprinkler pipes, and flooding the school. Lots of trees down. Lots of houses damaged. Lots of flash flooding. I love storms. I love to watch them and listen to them. But this storm scared me.

It blasted through central Alabama today about 2pm central time
Lots of straight line wind
rain was like looking through large water fall

but all is well

West AL got hit much harder than Central

something like 60k people in the state still without power

It started raining here yesterday afternoon and the storms moved through during the night. Wind up to 70 MPH, torrential rain, lightning and a few tornados. Lots of power outages, trees down, power lines down, some property damage from the tornados. I have not seen any reports on loss of life.

I sat up through the worst of it. Our power went off at about midnight and was off until 8:00 or so this morning. Really thankful for the generator! Woke up this morning with a few limbs in the yard, leaves in the streets and ditches and fields full of water.

Hope everyone faired as well as we did.

Hey, I am just seeing how the weather was something terrible last night with a lot of damage in AL and 3 lost.

Have we heard from our AL guys?

@j-huskey
@Alabusa
@Gunfighter14e2
@Major Wader - i think

@MtnCreek - not AL but close.

I dont know others but dang.

I knew TX had ice.

Anyways. Thinking of all you and praying all made it through alright.
Nothing here at all, very little wind for about 1-1.5 hrs max gust maybe 35 an not much more than a heavy garden rain for 2.5-3 hrs. Over in Pickens county sadly they had issues, with 3 dead. Luckily nothing close to here though.

We had 3 minutes of wind and cant see 10 feet rain, followed by about an hour of light rain, gauge has 1" in it, we blessed in East Al.
As said above, West Al. Pickens county, 3 dead, some power out, and wind damage.
Central Al areas, some wind damage, Huntingdon College has a tree in a building.
East Al, skated....

Was eerily quiet right up to those three minutes..... had me looking hard.
Thanks for thinking about us though !

Wasn’t too bad here in Central Texas, other than the 2" hail to the southwest. Whatched the radar bands form essentially over the house here where the fronts met. That warm moist 73 degrees then down to the low-50’s immediately - it had no shortage of fuel!

I remember about a decade ago there were grapefruit sized hail that wiped out pretty much everything including livestock a few miles from here. People had them laying in their kitchen and living rooms!

Reactions: powdahound76