• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger IMUNS

MountainRogue

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2009
Hunt, MT, USA
I recently installed a Badger IMUNS on a GAP 300wm AICS.

Upon following the instructions (which have over 3 errors) I was able to fit the IMUNS on the front of the AICS. I found the right side of my barrel touching the IMUNS and the left side with a couple milimeters of space. Bascially, it was not centered and straight.

I called Badger and asked for help. When I finally got "Mr. Badger" he said "oh, huh, yeah so I talked to AI about that. AI said they would be straight. Well, huh, I guess they aren't . . . Huh"

I recieved no help, no instructions to fix nor any replacement option. Basically, I got a "Huh, guess that sucks". Funny how an aftermarket manufacturer blamed the OEM for his own product issue. WTF!

So I was on my own. I then hand lapped the inside for an hour to give the barrel propper clearance.

I have always held a high regard for Badger and his products. I don't think I will going forward. In addition, I have a couple friends that have told me they have received bad rings from Badger as well.

So, I didn't write this to just rant. I would actually like to know if anyone else has had the same issue with the IMUNS? If so, how did you fix the problem and did you get propper alignment?

Re: Badger IMUNS

How large is the barrel contour?

Without seeing what you are talking about there can be several issues with this.

Your barrel is quite heavy and close to the through hole size of the IMUNS. The barrel contour could have minor run-out (they all do). Minor machining tolerances with each part adding up to cause a problem, or a combo of these things.

If it is indeed the fault of the stock (I’ve seen a few bad AICS chassis in my time) how or why would Badger be able to help?

Re: Badger IMUNS

On Badgers site it does say installation required. That's different than "drop in". Are you SURE you know what your doing? No offense, just asking.

And I think the mentioning of rings is irrelevant here. If your friends did indeed get a pair of bad rings, I'm SURE Marty would mail out new ones without hesitation if you showed him the "bad" ones.

Good luck. I find it hard to believe your "on your own" with this. Call Marty again and ask for advice.

BTW once you start messing around with "drop-in" parts every day you begin to realize that they aren't "drop-in" all the time. Nothings ever easy