• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Badger Ordnance base question

JaysonF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
Fernley, NV
Does anyone know what size Torx screws come with the Badger Ordnance 20 MOA savage short action base? The item code is 306-06SAT and everywhere I look at best just mentions that there are Torx screws included. I lost the screws (D'oh) and now I have to order more. I see 2 different sizes on Midway.
Badger Ordnance Torx Head Scope Ring Screws 6-48 Thread Matte Package of 8
Badger Ordnance Torx Head Scope Ring Screws 6-48 Thread Matte Package
or
Badger Ordnance Torx Head Scope Ring Screws 8-40 Thread Matte Package of 12
Badger Ordnance Torx Head Scope Ring Screws 8-40 Thread Matte Package

Obvious observation says that the set which numbers 8 is most likely the size; however I don't want to buy that just to send it back and lose the money / time on shipping.
Any help would be appreciated.

I would just call Badger. If your asking with torx socket it t15 at least for the Remington and I'm sure its all the same.

Calling Badger probably best bet for sure. Total of four screws, thread count/inch and diameter all the same, but I believe front 2 are shorter than rear 2. Farthest forward is shallow hole, so must use short. Next also needs short screw or the bolt will not close I think is the way the note with the base reads. Good luck