• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Badger rings not same size need help...

Bangin_steel

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2013
Some were Texas
This is my first set of badger rings so maybe im missing something. They both seem to sit on the scope right but the top piece and bottom piece dont seem to have the same diameter when the top and bottom are together. The top looks a little smaller. Only thing I could see that might make sense is with the gap between the two pieces when all bolted up, is the gap makes up the diameter distance.

Attachments

• 20130630_161402.jpg
    20130630_161402.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 22
Yes you are missing the scope. When the scope is in there they line up with a small space between the upper and lower half. Those are normal.

Apparently Badger does not split the rings in the center of the bore, so the arc segment and the surface area in the bottom of the ring (the part bolted to the rail) is larger than that in the cap. It's a good design. I'm sure they will be so relieved to hear that I approve.

The rings are fine, in fact they're better than fine, they're Badgers.
Use 'em.

Joe

Last edited: