• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Baffle strike or just not deburred properly?

nikonNUT

The harbinger of... making things not work anymore
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 6, 2019
    Gunlandia
    Good morning guys,
    New suppressor owner and a little paranoid but here's the story. I was swapping end caps on my SiCo Hybrid 46 and while wiping off the threads I felt the microfiber snag something. Couldn't really see it so I gave the can a through scrubbing and found this at the front of the can...
    BAFFLESTRIKE.jpg

I know I'm being overly anal and the rifle seems to shooting as well as "I" can manage but is this a baffle strike or a burr? I have reached out to SiCo and I am not trying to dun or disparage them in any way. I am just curious. Thank you for the input!

-Chris

Oh my god, you shot a perfectly indexed channel straight through all of your baffles!

Reactions: Supersubes
    Are you talking about the shiny spots in the corners on the the baffles at the end?

No, sir. I'm referring to the piled up metal where they clipped the cap.
    Hybrid46-3.jpg

If a bullet got down that far to make those burrs, don’t you think it would have taken out your end cap? I don’t see a strike.

Fair and valid point!
    Oh my god, you shot a perfectly indexed channel straight through all of your baffles!

Come on man. I'm a noob, not an idiot. I don't think I managed to create perfect baffle clipping with a baffle strike. I do think, in retrospect, that a cutting tool failed. Stainless is a shitty material to machine and gummy as fuck.It tears up tooling quick like. SiCo did contact me and said to keep using it and if accuracy becomes a problem contact them and they will make it right. I think all can agree that if a custom build rifle exhibited something like this anyone would be up in arms! I get that it's just a toy but it's an expensive toy with a long lead time. Plus, I've been making chips for 25+ years (including parts that go in things that will , to quote Spies like Us, "suck the paint off your house and give your family a permanent orange afro") so I tend to be hyper critical when it comes to machining processes. Anyways, I've got no gripes with Silencer Co and I think they are a great company! I appreciate everyone's replies.

Last edited:
    Looks like a case of Omega baffle-herp. There were a few threads about the same issue in some Omegas probably a year ago, I think the consensus was that it was a sloppy deburring job or something like that. I don't recall any actual issues being reported, just looks a little rough.

Reactions: nikonNUT
    Looks like a case of Omega baffle-herp. There were a few threads about the same issue in some Omegas probably a year ago, I think the consensus was that it was a sloppy deburring job or something like that. I don't recall any actual issues being reported, just looks a little rough.
    Thank you! Just the information that I needed and it puts my mind at ease!