• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banned Memories Greatest Hits

Re: Banned Memories Greatest Hits

We probably only ban about 3 people a week and 90% are for trying to sell with less than 100 posts.

85% of all bans are less than 10 days, most are less than a week, and of the ones that are longer I will consider reducing it if they email me and acknowledge, "hey I fucked up didn't read the rules, sorry"... usually I will knock it down.

Most from me are 3 days, basically just saying "hey knock it off" or you're getting close. However some have emailed me and gone off on me instead of just letting it ride at which case, depending how bored I am, I will permanently ban them and respond or just ban them and move on.

What people don't realize is, most of the time we are just responding to moderator alerts, and without getting too deep into just temporarily ban and move on. Unless your name has come up before, i barely pay attention.

But I have removed bans, I have added too bans, I have been pissed off and banned people that later I figured I didn't need too, it's like anything else, some days its just easy to hit the button and move on, other days, you feel like giving people a break.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a question LL can answer hopefully.....have you ever banned someone, then after reading the e-mail decided to lift the ban for whatever reason? </div></div>

Yes, he has. </div></div>

And how would Shankster know that. That is the one I want to read.

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">LL</span></span>, I'd like to hear some of the craziest/funniest <span style="font-weight: bold">reasons</span> people got the hammer. Are any of those safe enough to put in here?

I think it should be etched into the rules of the site that if you get banned you are required to send LL some hate mail so he can continue adding to this thread.

I almost hate to admit this, but many, many years ago when I was quite immature....ok...really, really immature, I got banned from a car forum for jumping in a argument that I should have stayed out of. I got banned, and I cried like a little girl and wrote a nasty gram to the owner of the site, likely quite similar to some of the gems LL is posting.

I retrospect, after reading this thread, there is a strong possiblity that my email is posted in a thread like this on some automotive site out there. Is there a way to go back and kick my own ass for being a little bitch?

Anyway, keep 'em comin' LL, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ I am pretty sure he changed user name . </div></div>

He is Captain Pump-Ass now. </div></div>

Captain Pump-Ass, I can't stop laughing!!!

There are those who always play the safe hand, based on their lack of adventuring skills.
Then there are those of us who follow the voices in our heads, an call it like we see it.

Many a good thread would have never got to the point it/they did w/o someone pointing out the B/S factor or agenda by a Cheeto eater, that was being allowed to run rampant. The S&R's (shit an run'ers) hate to be questioned, an when they can't make their B/S fly, do to the bait they bit on, it's,...
Hay Frank, he is not playing nice to me.

I'm a member of the Snipershide ban club, because I will type a political remark or call it like I see it when called for. Been like that from birth, an will go out that way.
You either stand for what you believe or, be someones bitch,... the choice is yours.

Then again, standing in the middle of the herd is the safest place for those w/o the balls, to fight the fight they believe in,...or go it alone if need be.
America has been trending that way for along time now,...At least a point man, dies on his feet,...once only.

You state it well, Ken !!! Heck I was banned from a "black powder/lead reloading forum after maybe the 2nd or was it 3rd post ?? Anyhoo ... no great loss because one reader saw what I was after & pointed me in the correct direction. Never been back.

Been mis-judged or marked as "trouble" since I seem to be "Intolerant of BS" ...oh well, WTH !! It's not MY problem you don't understand.

Back to doing something constructive.

Here's a little pic for a few of the posters in this thread.

kleenex.jpg

You've got something running down your chins...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've got something running down your <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">s</span></span>hin<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: line-through"><span style="font-weight: bold">s</span></span></span>...
</div></div>

Fixed it for you ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... and you added my IP address to your blacklist? HAHA... wow... I bet I just made your night... aren't you just so awesome and powerful... too funny...

God Bless You!</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a question LL can answer hopefully.....have you ever banned someone, then after reading the e-mail decided to lift the ban for whatever reason? </div></div> Frank banned me for about an hour but after reading my respectful email to him he saw I wasnt trying to jerk his chain and did right by me -a good guy that Frank!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are those who always play the safe hand, based on their lack of adventuring skills.
Then there are those of us who follow the voices in our heads, an call it like we see it.

Many a good thread would have never got to the point it/they did w/o someone pointing out the B/S factor or agenda by a Cheeto eater, that was being allowed to run rampant. The S&R's (shit an run'ers) hate to be questioned, an when they can't make their B/S fly, do to the bait they bit on, it's,...
Hay Frank, he is not playing nice to me.

I'm a member of the Snipershide ban club, because I will type a political remark or call it like I see it when called for. Been like that from birth, an will go out that way.
You either stand for what you believe or, be someones bitch,... the choice is yours.

Then again, standing in the middle of the herd is the safest place for those w/o the balls, to fight the fight they believe in,...or go it alone if need be.
America has been trending that way for along time now,...At least a point man, dies on his feet,...once only.</div></div>

Bigger question is.....Has there ever been anything said on this forum thats really worth getting so butt hurt over that you will lose the privilege of asking and participating?

Politics and religion are two topics that I chose to leave out. We manifest enough social problems on this site from opinionated diffrences, which divides people here that would normally get along under other circumstances.

Whether you like guns, knives, model ariplanes, or sock puppets, there is sure to be a blog/forum for it. That includes forums for politics and religion. I am happy that Frank gives the latitude for discussions to take place, it shows he is not so power hungry. I have been on other forums, automotive based, and one in particular, was very strict in that if it was not related to the subject, you would be subject to progressive measures. There was no "Bear Pit", and their version of the "Movie Theater" section allowed only the movies that featured the car that the site represented. You would get Admin warnings if you asked a question and not used the search function prior. If the info I needed wasnt there I would have no use for it.
This is a really well ran site, the info is here, if you are thin skinned, or so strongly opinionated then yeah, you can make the ban list. But if info is all you need, or you can do it elsewhere, then you shouldnt really give a shit why you shouldnt do a certain topic, or delve into contraversey, at least not here. Some are just way too opinionated, or self righteous to just let the other guy go their way.

And yes, I am guilty of stirring the pot, several times. But I do try to keep it related to the topic, but if that fails, I can antagonize a keyboard commando.

Really the biggest issue is when cliques form, or when people feel the need to band together to push back against something.

There are plenty of people who don't like me, or how the site is run, and personally I have no issue with that. I do have issue when they pool together to hurt the overall site. Whether that means attacking the site or a sponsor to make the place unwelcome. I can only think of 3 times in all the years when I have banned a group of members for a single issue. This pisses a lot of them off and while there may not be some grand conspiracy at the time, they all are usually united in their personal dislike for me. Just look at the sites banning some one has spawned. At least 4 I can think of started because people didn't like my brand of administering this site.

Fights between two or more individuals will happen, and those bans are usually temporary. But when they pool their attacks against the site's interest, I remove them. Usually permanently.

We are all replaceable me included, what people don't get is by eliminating the issue and moving on they are instantly replaced and the conversation moves on. Sure some may reminisce about X or Y member, but nobody who has left has given us such a stellar contributions to the community that the masses will follow. it just doesn't happen, we're too active a community both on and off the Internet that really this site remains the hub. For every group that believes they are moving the topics downrange, there is another group right behind who is happy to take their place and will move the topics in the exact same way.

Not every ban is fair, and I would never claim they all are necessary, but they do keep the community moving along, and really, you the members are a lot harder on the rule violations than I am. This is the strength of this site, it's members on a whole.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Not every ban is fair.</span> </div></div>

I'm glad you have recognized the injustices you have imposed on me in the past. I'll be checking my P.M.s for the formal apologies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Not every ban is fair.</span> </div></div>

I'm glad you have recognized the injustices you have imposed on me in the past. I'll be checking my P.M.s for the formal apologies. </div></div>

As will I...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bigger question is.....Has there ever been anything said on this forum thats really worth getting so butt hurt over that you will lose the privilege of asking and participating? </div></div>
My answer would be yes.
Take the many cases of older members, starting threads under a different name, that was to be a shit storm from the gate. Anyone can have their button pushed at some point, an a few here are always checking up, in that game, as well. Why because it opens the door to what they are really about, how far they can be pushed. Or what they really know about certain tasks or venues.

The type A's that used to be the most prevalent here, have either moved on, or have located the info they were seeking.

No one goes thru life w/o breaking the law or rules, at some point in time. It's all about how you defend yourself with the judge an jury you have to contend with, should you get caught.
State your case, take whatever the verdict is, an don't piss into the wind.

I think emotions swing the hammer more, than the letter of the rule around here.

Lowlight , have you banned NOBODY permanently or will you let him back if he promises to take ritalin and have therapy?

Nobody's accounts are banned, he makes up new ones runs around for about an hour and they are banned again.

The site has a system now to alert moderators when someone logs on to two accounts from the same place. We don't allow multiple accounts and the system alerts us immediately.

I like Larry, I like his posts, and personally if it wasn't for all the hurt feelings he causes he would still be here. But when he shows up the moderator alerts increase ten fold.

As far as emotional bannings, that is actually a very small amount. Most are straight by the numbers, and in any given week the bans usually focus around for sale post violations. People just remember the emotional bannings more. We all have bad days, which is pretty easy to spot, usually when bad days meet holier than thou members you'll see a ban happen. Nodoby like to be pushed to that point but people do it anyway. They feel it is their job to point out things when really they should mind their own business and move on. Heck most of the time members will warn them to let it go, but the act like sharks with blood in the water and go to far.

At the end of the day this is a business and things that are bad for business get removed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like Larry, I like his posts, and personally if it wasn't for all the hurt feelings he causes he would still be here. But when he shows up the moderator alerts increase ten fold. </div></div>
Larry had the knack of bringing the truth to many, that were Tinker-Belling around in their make believe world. A gift this Country sorely, needs a good dose of.

That said, he could antagonize Solomon himself, if he was on a roll. I was looking forward to that laser range finder class myself.

Its pretty entertaining when people lose it on forms and act like there life is ending when they get banned....It will be all right there is life outside of the computer.

Now this is some hilarious stuff. In particular the grammar usage by the banned ass hats cracks me up. Some real brainiacs.

Thanks for sharing, Frank. Keep the good stuff coming.

Cheers,
mib2000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">LL</span></span>, I'd like to hear some of the craziest/funniest <span style="font-weight: bold">reasons</span> people got the hammer. Are any of those safe enough to put in here? </div></div>

My favorite was when a member posted that LL was introducing a "Mod per state" policy and all interested members should PM him to apply. Evidently, some members fell for it and sent him PM's asking to become the Mod for their state. It was fun to sit back and watch that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We are all replaceable me included, </div></div>

Interesting thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is the strength of this site, it's members on a whole. </div></div>

Hey, I said that....just before I got banned the last time.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Interesting thought.

</div></div>
More than interesting, as I've seen two different styles for quite a while now. I Believe that stand in/s have been pinning for a long time, myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">LL</span></span>, I'd like to hear some of the craziest/funniest <span style="font-weight: bold">reasons</span> people got the hammer. Are any of those safe enough to put in here? </div></div>

My favorite was when a member posted that LL was introducing a "Mod per state" policy and all interested members should PM him to apply. Evidently, some members fell for it and sent him PM's asking to become the Mod for their state. It was fun to sit back and watch that one. </div></div>

I'm a senior advisor for ScubaBoard.com. Those whom we consider least for a position of "moderator" are those who ask for it. We sit back and read posts by the general membership. Every now and then we spot someone who is obviously intelligent, erudite, professional and courteous and who is very effective in "handling" and argument. We'll nominate this member for moderator and let the existing moderator staff vote on him or her for inclusion.

Handling a public board such as this is no mean feat, I can assure you!!!

I think you guys are doing a very exemplary job, especially considering the nature of the site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Interesting thought.

</div></div>
More than interesting, as I've seen two different styles for quite a while now. I Believe that stand in/s have been pinning for a long time, myself.</div></div>

Okay, so I have a cold, one of those crappy head colds, combined with Medicine Head...

But this made me laugh, out loud.

Gunfighter got me, I employ doubles, and in some cases triples. LOL

Thanks, it was cute, but made my nose run even more.
smile.gif

A persons posting style is much like Art work. View the art long enough an, one can tell if the sig match's the work, or even the other way around,............or not.

GF,

The difference is probably the iPad versus not the iPad, or possibly, like Saddam I have doubles, or even more plausible I am on my medication. LOL Twice as much in half the time is my motto.
smile.gif

But I do write differently on my iPad as opposed to my computer, however I can assure you any post from "lowlight" is mine and mine alone.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GF,

The difference is probably the iPad versus not the iPad, or possibly, like Saddam I have doubles,</div></div> That's a vision to small, for even me to envision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I do write differently on my iPad as opposed to my computer, however I can assure you any post from "lowlight" is mine and mine alone.
wink.gif
</div></div>
Ya's ir, Miss daisy, I be honkin.
grin.gif

Lowlight is actually some kid in India that Frank pays $2 and a 5# bag of rice a day to represent him on the site so that he can spend more time himself at the Spa. It's true, CKA told me so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CKA told me so.

</div></div>

That seals it as truth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight is actually some kid in India that Frank pays $2 and a 5# bag of rice a day to represent him on the site so that he can spend more time himself at the Spa. It's true, CKA told me so.

</div></div>

Lemme think about a counteroffer ...
crazy.gif

This site is like most associations in society-- 5% of the people cause 95% of the problems. If you are on here on a regular basis, you notice who the nuiscances are in a hurry.

NOBODY and CKA were both pleasant to me in PMs and CKA sent me a new set of 8mm Mauser dies free. Nice guys, but had no concept of limits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This site is like most associations in society-- 5% of the people cause 95% of the problems. If you are on here on a regular basis, you notice who the nuiscances are in a hurry.

NOBODY and CKA were both pleasant to me in PMs and CKA sent me a new set of 8mm Mauser dies free. Nice guys, but had no concept of limits. </div></div>its a shame CKA banned himself,its best not to take things shooting so personlly -I hope he returns .Nobody was funny as hell to read as he beat,punched,spat and yelled at his computor all over a head space or thread measurment -he was usually correct though.I hope Frank lets him back as his Xmas good deed--Who is with me on this ?

How else do you escape your past when it's not that flattering and you're trying to "appear" to professional.

You can't very well hang out in the same places you once acted the fool, because too many there remember the foolish behavior. Just look at Nashlaw's post, nice things done in the present are quickly erased when you look back to behavior just short time before.

Google can be a mother-fucker.

My reply to the "Modern Day Forrest Gump"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid is as stupid does, you're so smart you went from a simple 3 day ban to being permanently banned. Genius.

I could have easily removed it, but being an asshole rarely gets anything positive.

I'm sure we'll all miss your wisdom. Deeply.
</div></div>

Whatever happend to verytired, the founder of the most sucessful thread on here, the mMtivational Picture Thread? Is he banned or just a rare poster?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever happend to verytired, the founder of the most sucessful thread on here, the mMtivational Picture Thread? Is he banned or just a rare poster? </div></div>
He hasn't been online in almost three and a half years, and was only active for about a year. Not banned though as he shows on the user list.

Banshee and I work with a guy that is a perennial problem child. I say without exaggeration that when some garbage happens in our department, 75% of the time he is in the middle of it. He is obviously intelligent and articulate, but he acts like a 12yo girl that just got her boobies!

He has to make a comment about everything, no matter how inane. Recently, though, it has caught up with him. A couple of months ago, he was sent home for 2 weeks for having a camera phone on the factory floor. About 3 weeks ago he was sent home for 2 days for threatening another employee. Funny thing about it is that he is shorter than me. I am 5'6" on a good day.

what happened? Nobody else got banned lately? The stories are great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spartan67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what happened? Nobody else got banned lately? The stories are great! </div></div>

Ever since Lowlight attended a Sensitivity Training seminar, the mods aren't allowed to ban anyone anymore.

But Dave Muzz had to send an email or two. I can't imagine that guy going quietly into the night...

Thats funny!

Ever since Lowlight attended a Sensitivity Training seminar, the mods aren't allowed to ban anyone anymore. [/quote]

Alas... Let us not forgot MN_Long_SHOT. A fallen member who suffered from throat cancer, being attacked by the mexican mafia, and a 4" penis to name but a few...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alas... Let us not forgot MN_Long_SHOT. A fallen member who suffered from throat cancer, being attacked by the mexican mafia, and a 4" penis to name but a few...
</div></div>

He truly had some great stories.... He might rank up there with the best in bullshit stories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alas... Let us not forgot MN_Long_SHOT. A fallen member who suffered from throat cancer, being attacked by the mexican mafia, and a 4" penis to name but a few...
</div></div>

Don't forget Bigfoot too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alas... Let us not forgot MN_Long_SHOT. A fallen member who suffered from throat cancer, being attacked by the mexican mafia, and a 4" penis to name but a few...
</div></div>

Don't forget Bigfoot too! </div></div>

That guy has a rich internal life... I was considering a roadtrip to confiscate his computer.