• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Barnes TSX Loading

Bluesop7

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
West Texas
I have determined the best seating depth for my rifle but that means that I will have to crimp on the middle groove on the bullet. There are three grooves on the bullet of course and I would assume that it is meant to be seated on the first groove closest to the tip but was wondering if there would be any ill effects from crimping/seating on the middle one?

Re: Barnes TSX Loading

The grooves that are in the TSX aren't there for crimping. The grooves are there to simply reduce the bearing surface and friction between the barrel and bullet. It doesn't matter where or if you crimp the TSX's, they will work.

Devastating bullet on game too.

I seat them to published COL and crimp with a Lee factory crimp die on a .308. I dropped a moose in his tracks with a 180 gr TSX

Fair enough, thanks guys. Picked them over much research as to my choice of hunting bullet. Seem to be very devastating on game. Now to try them out for myself...