• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Barrel-friendly loads for 6mm Creedmoor

Billinthedesert

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Although I ordered a box of SMK 107s with my initial brass and dies order from Graf's, I immediately got to thinking that the 107 is a bit of a waste at the distances I will most often shoot at my local range -- 100-300 yards. And after considering all the comments about the 6 Creed being a "barrel burner," especially with the 4350s, I am now thinking my optimum, go-to load will be a moderate-velocity, moderate-pressure load pushing the Sierra 85 and 95-grain HPBTs with maximum accuracy. Wondering if any 6 Creed shooters have walked this path. What powders did you settle on? What bullets do you like? If I could find a load that regularly goes into the .7s and under at 200, I'd be a happy carrot. And a load that regularly threatened to get into the .5s at 200 would have me doing handsprings and winking at homely girls.

I've been using hybrid100v with 107smk and 105 hybrids. It's supposed to be the coolest burning powder. I'll bore scope it this week and see what the powder had done this far.

Used a bit of hybrid 100v and 108 eld m. Not bad groupings. Averaged between .4-.6 moa. Found a nice node at 41.8gr. About 3075 at the muzzle.

Although I ordered a box of SMK 107s with my initial brass and dies order from Graf's, I immediately got to thinking that the 107 is a bit of a waste at the distances I will most often shoot at my local range -- 100-300 yards. And after considering all the comments about the 6 Creed being a "barrel burner," especially with the 4350s, I am now thinking my optimum, go-to load will be a moderate-velocity, moderate-pressure load pushing the Sierra 85 and 95-grain HPBTs with maximum accuracy. Wondering if any 6 Creed shooters have walked this path. What powders did you settle on? What bullets do you like? If I could find a load that regularly goes into the .7s and under at 200, I'd be a happy carrot. And a load that regularly threatened to get into the .5s at 200 would have me doing handsprings and winking at homely girls.

Run 108 eld-m. Not too expensive and run great.

Run your 6 creed sub 3000 fps with as slow of a powder you can. I've settled on H4831SC and it keep my troat alone longer.

If you were been shooting further I'd have suggested the coated 115 dtacs with H4831SC. Run them sub 3000 fps.

For what you’re doing, I’d spring for a .223 barrel and stick the 6 creed in the corner until you’re shooting further or at comps.

Way overgunned here.