• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrel maker for .22lr MRP trainer?

newguy2k3v2

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Bellville, Tx
    I want to get a .22 conversion to use in my LMT MRP as a precision rifle trainer(yes a Savage, Cz, etc would be cheaper and easier but I want the ergo's and trigger of the AR.)

Spike's doesn't list them anymore. I sent an email asking about them but haven't got a reply yet.

DBMG says they can convert dedicated .22lr barrels just like a 5.56, 6.8, etc. but then I'm out another $150 over the cost of the barrel.

I've emailed Compass Lake but I'm not sure if they'll make me one to fit the MRP yet.

Any ideas? I realize I could probably get a nordic or other dedicated upper for the same or a little less money but I'd like to stay with the MRP if possible.

Re: Barrel maker for .22lr MRP trainer?

I had a 9mm and a 300aac Blackout converted by DBMG. It took awhile to get it back but the work is great and the barrel work was first class.

My 9mm is a 5" from Tros.

MRP9mm7.jpg

MRP9mm4.jpg

I was told by LMT that it could not be done. DBMG said they could do any barrle so I sent it off. It is done and works great. So much for LMT telling me it could not be done.

MRP9mm5.jpg

MRP9mm2.jpg

You might find a used one but if you get a barrel you like then have them do it. My 300aac Blackout is a 10.5" Noveske barrel. I had them convert it due to LMT not getting on the ball. LMT tells me that it will not be out until summer of next year. I love the Noveske barrel and it was worth the money.

Check out CMMG if you havent. They can build a dedicated upper for you. They have a guy that is making match grade barrels. His name escapes me atm, though. If you search on ar15 under the rimfire section there are a few guys that have been testing all the brands out there. Its some pretty good info if your looking for the most accurate ar you can get.

You could always build a 10/22 and put it in one of the ar type stocks but that wont be a perfect match to your Center Fire rig. I have been looking for the same thing so keep us posted on what you do and how you like it.

I really want to use in the MRP chassis so that I can easily use my same optics and trigger. I've looked a standard dedicated .22lr barrels but then I'd be out another $150 to have it converted to use in the MRP, which is why I'd like to find a barrel maker that will make a MRP barrel off the bat.

I've emailed Clint Beyer, Spike's and Compass Lake and am waiting for replies. Beyer seemed interested in tackling the job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that little MRP suppressed setup is truly sweet... I might have to look into that. It would definitely save me money over getting another dedicated upper. </div></div>

Yes for the 150 to convert any barrel it is much cheaper. I also keep the same feel for my optics from barrel to barrel. I run the 9mm in 5" TROS, 5.56 in 10.5" LMT and 18" LMT that I might change out to a Noveske, 300AAC Blackout in 10.5" Noveske. I keep the whole package in one soft case and it fits like a glove.

I would also be interested in this. Please update if you find something. I have a shop in mind that could probably do it, but I won't send them anymore work.