• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein BB steel barrel, wearing one out...

@Frank Green this available for AI ATX prefits anywhere?
1627562792623.jpeg

We don't do drop in's but as Bugholes responded....they do. I know there are some others that will as well.

My AIAT with the 6.5CM barrel on it. M24/M40 contour... 23" finish length (not including the suppressor).

Ordered 2- 1.350 shank barrels for some barrel burners,,,,,i will report back in a year or 2 haha.
Haha long wait to even see results on bigger guns. Im thinking on ordering one up for a faster 7mm and see if I can get 2000 to 2500 rds

Reactions: Earnhardt and BCX
Someone needs to build a 7-300 NM Improved and test these barrels.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Someone needs to build a 7-300 NM Improved and test these barrels.
I would but to poor for a new action and everything haha I might try a 7mm-300 win mag barrel though and see what happens

Not a 7mm but is a 30cal....and chambered in 300 Norma. Barrel currently has 2530 rounds on it and is still hammering and no velocity loss. It's suppose to get more rounds on it starting next week.

Not only is it BB material but CFW as well.
Awesome results. I'm about to order two 31" BB barrels and have Alamo Precision chamber them for my 300 prc. I would love to get 2,500+ rounds out of them. Thanks for the updates Frank.

Not a 7mm but is a 30cal....and chambered in 300 Norma. Barrel currently has 2530 rounds on it and is still hammering and no velocity loss. It's suppose to get more rounds on it starting next week.

Not only is it BB material but CFW as well.
Looking like double the life. I'm sold and will be ordering one up 7mm cal

Awesome results. I'm about to order two 31" BB barrels and have Alamo Precision chamber them for my 300 prc. I would love to get 2,500+ rounds out of them. Thanks for the updates Frank.
Will see what happens. I don't know the type of powder being run down it etc...as it's box ammo. There are still a lot of variables to deal with.

When we modified the spec. of some material we had for testing prior to the BB material we made two 300WM pressure test barrels that the Army tested in 300WM. I have those barrels in my office. Both barrels are over 3k rounds and where still shooting sub moa. When pulled from service.

That material led us to the changes for the BB material.

Ordered 4 1.25" truck axle blanks from Bugholes. Having him chamber and thread it too. Can't wait to try it out!

Reactions: Frank Green
I’m running a 25” 1.25 straight taper BB I got from bug holes chambered in 6BRA by my smith.

It shoots good…here’s my seating test after break in and choosing a velocity…4 rounds each…#10 was 10 rounds to foul the clean barrel…

Attachments

• 942E840E-4AEE-4E16-9CC8-A4144C1EA8DF.jpeg
    942E840E-4AEE-4E16-9CC8-A4144C1EA8DF.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 230
I’m running a 25” 1.25 straight taper BB I got from bug holes chambered in 6BRA by my smith.

It shoots good…here’s my seating test after break in and choosing a velocity…4 rounds each…#10 was 10 rounds to foul the clean barrel…
Nice groups

Dunno what else they have. I bought the 6mm, .237" bore, 7.5tw, 4-groove. 31" 1.25" blank

Was hoping to try 5r, but 4-groove will work. There are 6 left.
Yeah no cals I shoot. Mostly 7mm and maybe 30 cal. But those barrels are on my short list to try.

Yeah no cals I shoot. Mostly 7mm and maybe 30 cal. But those barrels are on my short list to try.
I almost ordered from Bartlein, but they mentioned Bugholes has some in stock.

Wait time is long (13 months). Call Bartlein, they may be able to direct you to a dealer with 7mm or .300 in stock.

I may still order a batch from Bartlein later on.

Reactions: Schw15
I ordered mine from Bartlein, 18” left hand gain twist in carbon fiber. Quoted lead time was 12 months, not a problem as I only have 300 rounds on new barrel.

Can't wait to get my 6cm. B. B. barrel. I don't have a chassis for it yet though. Going on a new Zeus action. Hopefully by the time it gets here I will find a lefty KRG-W3 to put it in. Might have to buy new though.

I almost ordered from Bartlein, but they mentioned Bugholes has some in stock.

Wait time is long (13 months). Call Bartlein, they may be able to direct you to a dealer with 7mm or .300 in stock.

I may still order a batch from Bartlein later on.
Not sure what twist or contour you need but in 7mm but you can try Fred at Bison Tactical for a 7mm. Think he has only 8.5 twist in the 7mms.

Later, Frank

Just got the 4, 1.25" bbls i ordered from Bugholes. Quoted ~8 weeks, got it in about ~4 weeks. I will not be able to try these bbls any time soon. i just rebarreled. Perhaps by the end of the year.

Can't wait to try out the new material.

I just tried calling him again. I haven't heard back from him as of yet.

I'll keep bugging!
He did call me back yesterday late afternoon. He's out in CA right now with his family so he doesn't have his log books in front of him. He does know it's well past 2k rounds. He says it's shooting awesome and he is hoping it will go thru the whole next season of PRS.

When he gets back to WI he will update me and he has to bring another action over for another barrel fitting as well.

Best I got for you for now.

Later, Frank

He did call me back yesterday late afternoon. He's out in CA right now with his family so he doesn't have his log books in front of him. He does know it's well past 2k rounds. He says it's shooting awesome and he is hoping it will go thru the whole next season of PRS.

When he gets back to WI he will update me and he has to bring another action over for another barrel fitting as well.

Best I got for you for now.

Later, Frank

Hi Frank!
I know 6 creedmoor is a barrel burned if run fast. Curious if there is any updates from the gentleman?

How many rounds did you shoot in the last two weeks?

Guy is hoping the barrel goes through the next season. Probably going to need a little more patience.
None, because I sold most of my equipment and gear to pay for my wife to have a comfortable and long lasting prosthetic.

I'm living through you guys and spotting.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Out of all that happened, both my wife and I are more so upset at how fucked we got with health insurance we barely use.

But yeah, I'm just a window shopper for now.
Yeah, I know insurance is nearly worthless now days. I've had my own experiences with that with my wife and I. Obamacare just destroyed it all. Insurance is the biggest scam out there. I'm sorry man

Insurance has been a mess prior to ACA and it’s no different after. No need to politicize this poor person’s unfortunate circumstance. Corporate greed is a constant, and insurance companies are out to make a profit. They don’t maximize earnings by paying out a dime more than they contractually have to, and it’s unfortunate that we can’t recognize humans shouldn’t have to suffer as a result, and do something about it.

@frost1235 hope you get back on your monetary feet with a quickness! My 400MODBB barrel will go on order tomorrow, so it’s going to be a really long time before I can report on barrel life with a 7mm SS. I hope you hear back from the 6 Creed person, I’m curious too!

Last edited:
Insurance has been a mess prior to ACA and it’s no different after. No need to politicize this poor person’s unfortunate circumstance. Corporate greed is a constant, and insurance companies are out to make a profit. They don’t maximize earnings by paying out a dime more than they contractually have to, and it’s unfortunate that we can’t recognize humans shouldn’t have to suffer as a result, and do something about it.

@frost1235 hope you get back on your monetary feet with a quickness! My 400 barrel will go on tomorrow, so it’s going to be a really long time before I can report on barrel life with a 7mm SS. I hope you hear back from the 6 Creed person, I’m curious too!
As I said, insurance is the biggest scam out there and I'm well aware of what obamacare did to an already crappy system. I've lived it and paid it so spare me the political garbage comments. No one is making any political anything out of anyone's circumstances, I'm sympathizing because I actually know about it, pre and post obamacare. What insurance cost compared to what it actually pays and more importantly pays for, was made drastically worse as a result of obamacare. As I said, I know personally all about it. I don't want to hijack or wreck a thread with this crap and that wasn't my intention at all.

Reactions: BurtG
I may delete my original comment, I didn't want to stir anything up. Just curious about the barrel for when I can afford to go back to pew-pewing steel that's a 20 minute walk away 😅

To me, it sounds worth while to not just pick up a BB steel barrel, but to also get a reamer and borescope.

I mean, these things are going to last incredibly long, and would deserve the long-term care to keep it running fine.

I may delete my original comment, I didn't want to stir anything up. Just curious about the barrel for when I can afford to go back to pew-pewing steel that's a 20 minute walk away 😅

To me, it sounds worth while to not just pick up a BB steel barrel, but to also get a reamer and borescope.

I mean, these things are going to last incredibly long, and would deserve the long-term care to keep it running fine.
Place your order now, get ahead of that curve on the future build.