• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein New Barrel Material 400MODBB

Not asking them about what atoms make up the steel..I am going to ask them about their experience with the barrels if he tells me to stick with 416 then I would go that way. If he tells me to give it a go I will. But I guess next time I should just ask you because it looks like you know everything....even what questions I was going to ask but please keep telling me what I should be doing when spending my 5,000 bucks
If George tells you for your $5000, you should try a plastic bendy straw, would you?

The people I’d be calling if I didn’t trust Frank Green for whatever reason, wouldn’t be any gun smith. Regardless of any infatuation. It would the ammo proof houses running thousands and thousands of proof rounds through this new steel. But I don’t have any trust issues with Frank. I think he’s done a fantastic job of being extremely transparent, and is likely being quite conservative with the shot count claims.

Last edited:
If George tells you for your $5000, you should try a plastic bendy straw, would you?
Why do you care what I do or how I do it?? maybe you should spend more time worrying about yourself instead of shitting on other people

Why do you care what I do or how I do it?? maybe you should spend more time worrying about yourself instead of shitting on other people
I don’t actually care. If you couldn’t tell, it was a rhetorical question.

I don’t actually care. If you couldn’t tell, it was a rhetorical question.
then why waste your time with a post? you must care more about me than you say..and i appreciate that but sorry i am not into dudes

You are making a lot of assumptions on here.
Seems like you are the one making an assumption that your favorite smith knows more than anyone on here.
Even when those people on here are the primary source of any industry information on the product.

Why not give the professionals who are here sharing their knowledge (and you know.... the actual fucking products in question) a chance?

Hi,

Except that I am not, lolol.....

Show me which number item listed is an assumption.
1. Do they NOT make money from spinning up barrels?
2. Is the firearms industry as a whole NOT slow on changes?
3. Did we not see "pushback" when prefits started flourishing?
4. Definitely not assumption there as it was a task for you to inform us, lol.
5. Definitely not assumption there as it was a task for you to inform us, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Seems like you are the one making an assumption that your favorite smith knows more than anyone on here.
Even when those people on here are the primary source of any industry information on the product.

Why not give the professionals who are here sharing their knowledge (and you know.... the actual fucking products in question) a chance?
because everyone is an expert on the internet. I don't know you or anyone else on here.

because everyone is an expert on the internet. I don't know you or anyone else on here.
Says more about you than this community. Because, again, you are arguing with people who actually make the damn things.

Hang around for awhile reading a bit to familiarize yourself with the community. Youll learn lots, Im sure.

Says more about you than this community. Because, again, you are arguing with people who actually make the damn things.
I am not arguing with anyone who makes them. I have Zero opinion about the new metal in fact i hope its awesome because all the calibers i shoot are burners. this whole thing started from me saying.... Interesting i will need to talk to my GA Precision and everyone has jumped on me saying i am arguing because i want to see what my gunsmith says about the new barrels??

Reactions: spife7980
I am not arguing with anyone who makes them. I have Zero opinion about the new metal in fact i hope its awesome because all the calibers i shoot are burners. this whole thing started from me saying.... Interesting i will need to talk to my GA Precision and everyone has jumped on me saying i am arguing because i want to see what my gunsmith says about the new barrels??
My initial response was to help steer you towards the better person to talk to about this material. You’re getting defensive because we’re pointing out that there are people better to talk to than George about it. Remember that time George said there was no way Mike from TacOps could do what he claimed he was doing? Yeah, good times 🤫

My initial response was to help steer you towards the better person to talk to about this material. You’re getting defensive because we’re pointing out that there are people better to talk to than George about it. Remember that time George said there was no way Mike from TacOps could do what he claimed he was doing? Yeah, good times 🤫
your were a ASS in your initial post!! In no way would you ever act like that in person to someone you were trying to "help" and i don't know Mike from TacOps or what was done there I know I have a lot of GA guns and they all shot 1 hole groups. Again I am not sure why you care what I do or why this is so important of an issue for everyone to make sure and tell me not to talk to GA Precision about this and that i should just trust what i see on the internet.. Time to move on if you don't like what i am doing then sorry best of luck and hope you all have a great day.

Heres how I look at it. We all have a favorite smith and they are not gods. I say given Frank Greens record, I have no doubts he is telling us what the tests have proven. Its a $200.00 upcharge to make the switch. I will do it, and if it pans out great, if not, I'll go bad to 416 on my next barrel.

Heres how I look at it. We all have a favorite smith and they are not gods. I say given Frank Greens record, I have no doubts he is telling us what the tests have proven. Its a $200.00 upcharge to make the switch. I will do it, and if it pans out great, if not, I'll go bad to 416 on my next barrel.
I hope it works out great for you keep me posted with your results

your were a ASS in your initial post!! In no way would you ever act like that in person to someone you were trying to "help" and i don't know Mike from TacOps or what was done there I know I have a lot of GA guns and they all shot 1 hole groups. Again I am not sure why you care what I do or why this is so important of an issue for everyone to make sure and tell me not to talk to GA Precision about this and that i should just trust what i see on the internet.. Time to move on if you don't like what i am doing then sorry best of luck and hope you all have a great day.
Actually, I would and do act like that in person. There’s a reason not everyone likes me 😝 I tell people the facts; some people get sensitive and some people don’t when it contradicts them. You being a repeat customer, shooting barrel burners like you said; do you think a gunsmith would rather replace your barrel every year or every other?

No disrespect to George, but when did he become an authority on the composition of barrel stainless steel?

giphy.gif

Looks like any other rifle in a xlr chassis 😂 View attachment 7474132

Rifle alone - meh. 😉
Rifle with cool lady shooting it, 20/10!!!

Hi,

Except that I am not, lolol.....

Show me which number item listed is an assumption.
1. Do they NOT make money from spinning up barrels?
2. Is the firearms industry as a whole NOT slow on changes?
3. Did we not see "pushback" when prefits started flourishing?
4. Definitely not assumption there as it was a task for you to inform us, lol.
5. Definitely not assumption there as it was a task for you to inform us, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Like you know anything about building anything in the firearms industry!!! NOOB who thinks he know so much.

All you guys are just mean!!
Imma go see my tire guy about high performance tuners for my 6.7.....

Look man you do you, but GA most likely doesn’t know shit about these new bbls because they are new to the public market, and he hasn’t been privy to the testing before they went public with it.

GA has a financial intrest in selling you as many barrels as he can. I’m sure you will get the, “you wouldn’t buy a first year model car” argument and keep selling you regular barrels.

Your are getting water straight from the spring here and you are saying you trust the water from the pond downstream more .

You know, for a new guy, you seemed pretty sure of yourself.

Theis and Geno C. are some very experienced shooters and/or manufacturers (as is the case with Theis). You may want to keep that in mind, when they offer some advice...

Anyone who only trusts 1 source for current information is happy to swallow the bias all day long.
Salty they say!!!

If a guy has several 5k rigs and barrel burners, one might guess they would be knowledgable enough to ingest information (reading) and make decisions on their own.
Some like to be handheld cradle to grave.
Some like to think they are cool by saying they will talk to the owner of a successful rifle building shop.

Piss on all you who can read data points (anecdotal or scientific) and make decisions on your own.

And yes, this place has women, but is primarily full of men. Not a lot of flowers and hand holding.
Mostly cause you dont have boobies.

Actually, I would and do act like that in person. There’s a reason not everyone likes me 😝 I tell people the facts; some people get sensitive and some people don’t when it contradicts them. You being a repeat customer, shooting barrel burners like you said; do you think a gunsmith would rather replace your barrel every year or every other?

Actually, he's exactly like that. That's why we're friends.
As for @Guess_70 I'm pretty sure he could use a little of this:
Screenshot_20200326-143256_Chrome.jpg

@Guess_70 you might want to consider your lack of knowing who you're arguing with as a sign to follow a rule I taught my children.
You have two eyes.
You have two ears.
You have one mouth.
God gave them to you for a reason.
You need to spend less than half as much time talking, and twice as much time looking and listening.

You would have to believe that they need the 200 bucks in profit extra a year verses building a business based on doing what works the best
Actually, he's exactly like that. That's why we're friends.
As for @Guess_70 I'm pretty sure he could use a little of this:
View attachment 7503082

@Guess_70 you might want to consider your lack of knowing who you're arguing with as a sign to follow a rule I taught my children.
You have two eyes.
You have two ears.
You have one mouth.
God gave them to you for a reason.
You need to spend less than half as much time talking, and twice as much time looking and listening.
i have not argued with what he has said..I don’t why people are so but hurt that I said I want to see what the company who is one Bartleins best customers has to say about their experience with it. If speaking with people who have first hand experience with something that I have no experience with makes me a fool then go ahead and call me a fool. The only thing I have said is that he was an ass in the way he was trying to “ help” me. And I really don’t care who he is if you are going to be shitty to someone who is trying to get information from someone they trust then his opinion doesn’t really matter to me. Being respectful is never a bad thing.

Frank is the first person I would ask about the barrel itself. He is probably one of the only people who have seen the whole thing start to finish and therefore is probably one of the only people who know firsthand how they are doing. I dont see any problem wanting to talk to a good gunsmith about how they chamber, but this once productive thread has turned in to a pissing match and is no longer producing useful information. Can everyone please quit pissing on each other so Franks thread can once again be useful?

You would have to believe that they need the 200 bucks in profit extra a year verses building a business based on doing what works the best

i have not argued with what he has said..I don’t why people are so but hurt that I said I want to see what the company who is one Bartleins best customers has to say about their experience with it. If speaking with people who have first hand experience with something that I have no experience with makes me a fool then go ahead and call me a fool. The only thing I have said is that he was an ass in the way he was trying to “ help” me. And I really don’t care who he is if you are going to be shitty to someone who is trying to get information from someone they trust then his opinion doesn’t really matter to me. Being respectful is never a bad thing.
They don’t chamber a barrel for $200 and then most guys have threaded muzzles. This material doesn’t work any better or worse than any of the others that they offer. It lasts longer. Your pocketbook and a little math should be about all it takes to figure out if it’s worth it in your particular situation.

Again, your missing the point of my original response.

For the second time, can we improve on the name of this stuff? 400MODBB is um, not appreciated.

My friends and I refer to it as Hanzo steel. Maybe just “H” or “HH”, anything but 400MODBB. Way easier to say, people get the point, and it would probably piss off Tarantino. Nothing but win!

They don’t chamber a barrel for $200 and then most guys have threaded muzzles. This material doesn’t work any better or worse than any of the others that they offer. It lasts longer. Your pocketbook and a little math should be about all it takes to figure out if it’s worth it in your particular situation.

Again, your missing the point of my original response.
They have to pay for expenses so that is how I come up with 200 bucks profit just so you know. I see your point but if I take that same logic and say that a gunsmith is going to do what profits them the most then wouldn’t I have to apply that same logic to the manufactures trying to sell their products. I am not saying that in this case because again every rifle I have has a Bartleins barrel on it. The reason I want to talk to GA is because I don’t know what I don’t know. I trust them because they have always delivered for me. They may have some insight on what works for me that I did think about. I am not coming from a place that I am saying I know everything in fact I coming from an opposite side saying that I don’t know enough. I am not sure how this view point is bad or why it has turned into such a big deal.

Your viewpoint isn’t bad at all. You came on here showing that you wanted more info about this material, I recommended you get info from the best place. As for applying my logic to bartlien, they charge more for the barrel. I ASSume that upcharge takes into account not only the material cost, but also some part of the lost volume on sales.

They have to pay for expenses so that is how I come up with 200 bucks profit just so you know. I see your point but if I take that same logic and say that a gunsmith is going to do what profits them the most then wouldn’t I have to apply that same logic to the manufactures trying to sell their products. I am not saying that in this case because again every rifle I have has a Bartleins barrel on it. The reason I want to talk to GA is because I don’t know what I don’t know. I trust them because they have always delivered for me. They may have some insight on what works for me that I did think about. I am not coming from a place that I am saying I know everything in fact I coming from an opposite side saying that I don’t know enough. I am not sure how this view point is bad or why it has turned into such a big deal.

And that is why there is a mark up on these type of barrels....

For the second time, can we improve on the name of this stuff? 400MODBB is um, not appreciated.

My friends and I refer to it as Hanzo steel. Maybe just “H” or “HH”, anything but 400MODBB. Way easier to say, people get the point, and it would probably piss off Tarantino. Nothing but win!

2FA9C15F-1F9A-4F25-BF2F-3B7EB680D4EB.gif

We all have a favorite smith and they are not gods.

Wrong, AIs are made at the top of Olympus by part time gods. This is well documented and should not be debated sir.

Little side note for all of us... This shitshow is exactly why smiths sometimes refrain of posting their knowledge or even the time of day on public boards. Neither Bartlein or GA has a dog on this one yet to the glancing it could look like it.

Bad for business, bad for all of us really.

Thats my by-weekly SH contribution, you may carry on with the food throwing.

I have rifles and had rifles from some of the best in the business, when I have a question about one of my rifles I talk to the gun plumber. When I have a question about a barrel, especially a Bartlien I ask Frank Green. It helps that he is on this forum and is willing to answer any question that you ask. That means a lot when you are spending hard earned money. But that is just me🤷‍♂️

Hi,

Just FWIW guys.....Spoke with Frank yesterday about my barrel order and just scheduling the Holiday business coordination on my side of things.

Frank and the rest of the crew at Bartlein are crazy busy right now so just keep that in mind if Frank is slow to reply or does not reply in a thread.

I can assure you it isn't meant to be anything other than he is super busy right now.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Just FWIW guys.....Spoke with Frank yesterday about my barrel order and just scheduling the Holiday business coordination on my side of things.

Frank and the rest of the crew at Bartlein are crazy busy right now so just keep that in mind if Frank is slow to reply or does not reply in a thread.

I can assure you it isn't meant to be anything other than he is super busy right now.

Sincerely,
Theis

Thanks Theis!

The whole industry is upside down is all I can say.

Not sure where to post this but I'll do it here before I sign out.....

I/we wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope the New Year brings all of us a new year that is better overall. The whole virus thing calms down to the election getting sorted out etc....that's my wish anyways!

Later, Frank

Then why post or ask us anything?
I didn’t ask anything. All I posted was
This is interesting I will need to talk to GA about it.
Then why post or ask us anything?
all I posted was Interesting I will need to talk to GA about this. And then all hell broke loose. I by far am no where near an expert therefore I rely on people I trust. From the start I have not argued against anything and have not acted like I know anything but I guess if your not an expert then you get shit on on this forum. That’s ok with me because I have learned something out of this.

If you guys want George's opinion on the new steel, you should listen to his interview on the Precision Rifle Media podcast. He talks about his relationship with Bartlein and their new steel.

Reactions: Geno C.
I didn’t ask anything. All I posted was
This is interesting I will need to talk to GA about it.

all I posted was Interesting I will need to talk to GA about this. And then all hell broke loose. I by far am no where near an expert therefore I rely on people I trust. From the start I have not argued against anything and have not acted like I know anything but I guess if your not an expert then you get shit on on this forum. That’s ok with me because I have learned something out of this.
Before you posted that you were going to talk to GA did you know who Frank Green was?