• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Battle: Los Angeles

Re: Battle: Los Angeles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Russ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which female actor played the butch AF chick? </div></div>

Michelle Rodriguez

Powder Burns was right on with his review. Worst movie I have seen in theater in awhile. I am generally pretty selective as to what I watch on the big screen. It was like they tried to cram every military cliche into this film. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

They should have been a little more realistic in their portrayal of "real" Marines, and passed on the PG rating. "Real" Marines would have been cursing up a storm in a war of attrition with smelly, squid-like, technologically superior aliens, I assure you. In fact, they would have been cursing up a storm at a Christian Revival too.
And every one of them would have been trying to get a piece of Michelle Rodriguez.
Oh, and "Real" Marines would have unlocked the turret and actually fired the chain gun in the LAV-25 instead of just riding over the aliens with those big, knobby Michelin tires.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should have been a little more realistic in their portrayal of "real" Marines, and passed on the PG rating. "Real" Marines would have been cursing up a storm in a war of attrition with smelly, squid-like, technologically superior aliens, I assure you. In fact, they would have been cursing up a storm at a Christian Revival too.
And every one of them would have been trying to get a piece of Michelle Rodriguez.
Oh, and "Real" Marines would have unlocked the turret and actually fired the chain gun in the LAV-25 instead of just riding over the aliens with those big, knobby Michelin tires.
</div></div>

+10000
grin.gif
And Michelle Rodriguez would have given that shit up too!! Just sayin...

Very entertaining. One of the better action movies over the last year. I might even get the DVD when it comes out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MANIMAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should have been a little more realistic in their portrayal of "real" Marines, and passed on the PG rating. "Real" Marines would have been cursing up a storm in a war of attrition with smelly, squid-like, technologically superior aliens, I assure you. In fact, they would have been cursing up a storm at a Christian Revival too.
</div></div>

+10000
grin.gif
And Michelle Rodriguez would have given that shit up too!! Just sayin... </div></div>

Damn right, and I should have been the one in the movie that she gave it up to, damn shes hot

the laser designator was a AN/PED-1 which is used by FO/JTAC to direct laser guided munitions and designate targets at greater ranges accuratly. The an/peq-15 on their rifles is only useful to show the pilots/gunner on the air craft where the target is if they are using NOD's and have a direct line of sight, it's great for use with helicopters giving close support but is too weak for fixed wing miles away. examples of munitions that are laser/infra-red guided are most variants of the AGM 114 Hellfire and the AGM 154C JSOW. They did an accurate job of portraying the CAS mission but what was fake is using an AT-4 to shoot down one of the alien UAV's.

Taking the film for what its worth it could have been alot worse
in this day and age it could have turned into some perverse
love triangle with Ca hippies loving marines and aliens
at a park . I thought it was ok over all . im sure there will be a sequel .

This movie would have been twice as good if they didn't have the shitty soundtrack constantly playing in the background and so many cliches I got a rash from them. Cool guns though.

The most unrealistic part of the whole movie was that the AF chick knew how to use her weapon.

The biggest tragedy in this movie was that they bothered saving LA.

I would of used nukes right away, but it would of been a very short movie...
wink.gif

Movie was better than I expected, wasn`t looking for great acting, just good action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The most unrealistic part of the whole movie was that the AF chick knew how to use her weapon. </div></div>

She got squirt in the face, obviously she did something right
laugh.gif

It was okay up until the hokey, emotional scenes in upon their return to the FOB. From then on it kind of blew.

i couldn't finish the movie, there was SO much shooting and so few hits...it just became irritating in some odd OCD way. i had to turn the movie off.

it was entertaining to see LA getting destroyed and its residents incapable of defending themselves, so that they needed rescuing by the Marines.

Battling aliens and zombies...make awesome movies....this one I heard has particularly good effects.

Bought the DVD, watched it, liked it. I'm a viewer looking for entertainment, and not a critic looking for something to bash. I mean;..., it's <span style="font-style: italic">fiction</span>, right?

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was entertaining to see LA getting destroyed and its residents incapable of defending themselves, so that they needed rescuing by the Marines.</div></div> I like how you think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was entertaining to see LA getting destroyed and its residents incapable of defending themselves, so that they needed rescuing by the Marines.</div></div> I like how you think. </div></div>

Hollywood people re-creating the destruction of their own town are a pretty merciless crowd.

Bought it over the weekend and liked it. Could have been better but lots of entertainment value in my opinion. Would like to have seen some .50 cal shots from the rooftops..lol

As a guy that likes action movies, I was entertained. We got invaded, the enemy was tough, LA got B slapped, and we blew stuff up. I was thoroughly entertained. No motion sickness because....well....who gets motion sickness watching movies??

As a writer, it was horrible. Weak and predictable plot identical to an Independence Day/Blackhawk Down b@st@rd child. Very unoriginal...but then again, that's Hollywood lately. That's why they've turned to making books into movies.

Even with that, I would watch it again. I enjoy being entertained.

I don't have any expectations from Hollywood anymore. Been let down 24 times too many. You make a BIG mistake expecting a movie to be good these days.

Got to love the soldier with eye black under his eye, I didnt know if he was going to shoot something or hit a homerun!

Movie is RETARDED.

Now our hero is about to retire after 20 years, shouldn't he have gotten to a higher rank than Staff Sergeant?

First off, too each his own, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, my opinion of this movie is that it is absolute garbage. Complete waste of my time.
Most of us here think the same about the little nit-picking topics, so I won't tell you things that already annoy you. The biggest thing to me though, is these aliens have the technology to travel across the galaxy and land a military force which has surgically implanted weapons as well as heavy weapons...yet they never thought of making any sort of device to aim said weapons..? haha
I also realize it's just a movie and that it's kinda ironic nit-pickin about realism in a movie about aliens...haha But I'm just dumbfounded that anyone could find this entertaining!

Finally saw it on Blu-ray. Loved it. Couldn't care less about the nit-picky BS that so many get hung up on. Constant action, good intensity, and excellent characters. Is it the same regurgitated Hollywood crap? Yeah. So what?

And Michelle Rodriguez is hot. You're might want to take a gay test if you disagree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally saw it on Blu-ray. Loved it. Couldn't care less about the nit-picky BS that so many get hung up on. Constant action, good intensity, and excellent characters. Is it the same regurgitated Hollywood crap? Yeah. So what?

And Michelle Rodriguez is hot. You're might want to take a gay test if you disagree.</div></div>

Gay test:

gay-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally saw it on Blu-ray. Loved it. Couldn't care less about the nit-picky BS that so many get hung up on. Constant action, good intensity, and excellent characters. Is it the same regurgitated Hollywood crap? Yeah. So what?

And Michelle Rodriguez is hot. You're might want to take a gay test if you disagree. </div></div>

she is acting in a "manly", "butch" kind of way, doesn't do it too much for me, but I don't mind watching movies with her in it though.

Non-stop action from beginning to end... what's not to love?
It's hollywood so the little mistakes here and there are whatever.
Definitely a good USMC recruiting movie... just like many others nowadays for other branches.
Don't see why the Corps is trying to recruit when they are cutting back on infantry units.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally saw it on Blu-ray. Loved it. Couldn't care less about the nit-picky BS that so many get hung up on. Constant action, good intensity, and excellent characters. Is it the same regurgitated Hollywood crap? Yeah. So what?

And Michelle Rodriguez is hot. You're might want to take a gay test if you disagree. </div></div>

she is acting in a "manly", "butch" kind of way, doesn't do it too much for me, but I don't mind watching movies with her in it though. </div></div>Well, Michelle will never be cast as the delicate damsel in distress, that's for sure. But even at her toughest, she always seems one striptease away from oh-my-gawd!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: normbal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally saw it on Blu-ray. Loved it. Couldn't care less about the nit-picky BS that so many get hung up on. Constant action, good intensity, and excellent characters. Is it the same regurgitated Hollywood crap? Yeah. So what?

And Michelle Rodriguez is hot. You're might want to take a gay test if you disagree.</div></div>

Gay test:

gay-1.jpg
</div></div>

This is hilarious, but technically the "gay" guy is on her left, so he is looking at her as well. Still funny beings every single guy is checking her out, lol.