• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BBQ comes from North Carolina and Brisket comes from Texas

Question for the ‘mericans. Why does every state have all the same cities?

so rural I could quail hunt all of them..
Quail are getting scarce round these parts. Used to have some run around my property when we moved in 8 or so years ago, haven’t seen them in a long time.

Watched two fly in front of muh truck last week on the outskirts of Smithfield. Used to remember seeing large coveys growing up in Arkansas. Flying heart attacks when they spook up!!

With Brisket being $50 - $70 each I'm not sure a lot of it is being made at this point.

Trust me, "Lexington" is chump change when compared to my former home state (PRNJ). Do you know how many different "Washington" municipalities are contained within the state, itself? My home county (Warren) even had a "Washington Boro" contained inside a "Washington Township." Not to mention all the other counties that have a "Washington Twp."

Trust me, George W slept here, and there, and there and over there, and way over there, etc. etc. etc. :eek::ROFLMAO:

IMG_4385.jpeg

IMG_4388.jpeg

I tried the water bath method but it didn’t have the same mouth feel as cooking on my Weber.

Also, we don’t have BBQ in Oregon. Not really.

P

No, why do all those states have the same city in them? It’s not exclusive to Lexington either.
Here is your homework assignment.

Find what other states have a town called Frognot, other than Texas.

A business selling brisket can't exactly stop selling their product short of going out of business. But Joe Schmo may stop buying it to cook at home.

It would be interesting to see the "Elasticity Curve" on brisket... I'm not sure it's as "elastic" as one might think.

Even uglier, how many Rock Creeks are in your state? I can think of at least 4 within 50 miles of my location.

And yours is, how many states have a Fayetteville. Why can't you just keep all your fayettes in one place?

I would rather we get back to brisket and barbecue instead of worrying about cities. How about that? How about a separate thread for that instead of cluttering up this fine thread?

So for bbq do any of you guys source your own wood chips or chunks? Like cherry or apple are common locally in this part of Idaho.
Or just buy it already made?

For charcoal I buy the 40 pound bags at Smart and Final here in Socal

So for bbq do any of you guys source your own wood chips or chunks? Like cherry or apple are common locally in this part of Idaho.
Or just buy it already made?
I use what I have on my land . apple, hickory, cherry, and maple .