• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCM MK12 Mod0 Review

Alright folks. I decided I liked this gun and would put it on a diet and fix its issues all in one.

Enter a Craddock SPR barrel. The demons of golgatham were exorcised with a simple prayer to our shooting lord Bart-lein.

1655434887948.png

Reactions: bfoosh006
I haven't had great results with any of my "Match SS" barrels from BCM either.

Sadly I bought them when I didn't know better. But I sure as hell do now. I thought it was just ammo choices and my ( at the time ) limited shooting skill.

Thanks "The King"

Did you have to heat the upper to get the barrel out? The blem BCM uppers I have built with were thermal fit and with a good barrel shoot very well.

It might not be for everyone but I sanded down a 1" wooden dowel so that it's a slip fit into the receiver and allows me to tap a barrel out.
Works good the dowel rod does. I found the socket works great too cause I usually have one around. As long as it’s a good fit in the upper it will land on the outside of the barrel extension and not damage anything.

Gotcha I will keep that idea in mind next time I have to wrench on a BCM upper. The couple I have built I put the barrel in a vise and heated up the threads of the upper for a few seconds and then slide it on and at the end gave it a couple firm taps with a rubber mallet.

Easiest way I've found on the BCM uppers is to use a heat gun for installation and removal. Even a cheap one will make quick work of the job and minimizes the chance of damage by pounding on the barrel. Once heated, move quickly as they cool really fast!

I keep a muzzle device on the barrel to prevent the most likely damage that occurs - and set the upper on a wooden bench facing down so the gas tube area gets caught there.

I also have a BCG that doesn't have the gas key on it or any bolt/cam pin. Its job is for hammering barrels out of the LMT's. You just put the BCG in the upper and drop it from lock back and it punches the barrel out.

The first time I did that I realized that the AR BCG when its running is like a 1lb sledgehammer smashing into the barrel extension every time the gun fires....and stopped worrying about it so much. :). The barrel extension is a tough little bastard.
Easiest way I've found on the BCM uppers is to use a heat gun for installation and removal. Even a cheap one will make quick work of the job and minimizes the chance of damage by pounding on the barrel. Once heated, move quickly as they cool really fast!

So, at this point what makes this gun a MK MOD SPR? It's got a PRI handguard? I know you said you didn't really care about that. So why buy this gun and rebuild it? Why not just build a 18 or 20" AR in the first place?
I like the look...and I already have 13 other long range AR's. :). All of them modern Gucci shit like LMT's and Radian M1's, night forces and vortex 1-10's and such on them. The current set of guns is the cream of around 150 AR15's that came and went. The only one I regret selling is the JP LRP-07.

Wanted one of these since they came out, and having one that doesn't shoot for shit doesn't appeal to me. Even if I have to diverge a little from the spec.

It for sure wouldn't be the first gun I built if I were just out of the gate though.

Reactions: reubenski