• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing bear gull bladders

Intrepid4576

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2011
Honesdale, PA, USA
So I have stumbled upon a few pages on the internet about a black bears gull bladder being sold for alot of money.

So I checked into my state laws and from what ive seen it is not a problem as long as it stays in PA

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or anything to add at all

This is a new idea to me and im open to input
smile.gif

Yes i have a valid bear license and will be hunting them this year completely legally

the meat ill be keeping to feed my family and the skin ill be using as a blanket or maybe put towards a coat - Ive been searching for other uses for the internals so if you have any ideas as for other internal parts feel free to share
smile.gif

thanks

Re: bear gull bladders

A friend of mines Grandfather sold them to a older Asian fella. Don't know what he did with them but he paid really good money.

yup thats what i heard about it - only people that want them are Asians....only problem is none around here unless they own / work at a Chinese restaurant....might have to go ask them lol

As far as I have read into state laws, I just leave the fucker out in the woods instead of even thinking about selling it on the black market...

from what i understand its ok for me to sell it in PA (i live here) but if i was to sell it to someone outside pa thats a federal crime

do you have any links as to the state law your mentioning?

Best bet is to write a letter to the PA Game Commission and ask about the legalities of trading or selling parts of your harvest. Ask for a written response on letterhead, so you will have an official answer.

If it is ok, and you have a buyer, I dont see any issue. It is not like you are poaching. Just read up if there are any special handling techniques i/e tie off ends to retain bile, immediate freezing or whatever.

In CO, it is illegal to sell or barter Bear Gall Bladders or edible meat.

I belive the asians may refer to itas the "swizel Stick" that commands a lot - o - cash.
At least that was the case in vancouver island.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would leave it and not contribute to the black market. </div></div>

I would rather see as much of the animal go to use as possible especially if i can go about it all legally - im a firm believer in not wasting life - i do my best to respect life on all levels from plants to bears to humans

also any money would help out a lot being as i only have 400 dollars lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would leave it and not contribute to the black market. </div></div>

Its not the Black Market if he is selling it legally

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would rather see as much of the animal go to use as possible especially if i can go about it all legally - im a firm believer in not wasting life - i do my best to respect life on all levels from plants to bears to humans

also any money would help out a lot being as i only have 400 dollars lol </div></div>

Its a fucking gall bladder. You aren't "wasting life" if you eat one bite of that bear. Leave it in the woods for the other little critters to chew on. That way you are saving a life in the winter...
smile.gif

My question is whats the purpose of a bears gull bladder and why do they go for so much. This is the first time i have heard of this.

I guess its some old medicine that Asians use - im not exactly sure what for but a large enough gull bladder can go for alot from what i hear.....

interesting. i have a friend whos father works for the game commission. ill have to ask him for you to see if its legal in pa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAVEN34</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My question is whats the purpose of a bears gull bladder and why do they go for so much. This is the first time i have heard of this. </div></div>

Aphrodisiac.......seems asian women ain't all that horny, and asian men are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would leave it and not contribute to the black market. </div></div>

I would rather see as much of the animal go to use as possible especially if i can go about it all legally - im a firm believer in not wasting life - i do my best to respect life on all levels from plants to bears to humans

also any money would help out a lot being as i only have 400 dollars lol </div></div>

so youre trying to make money... hmm... still contributing to illegal acts if you ask me... also, its banned in many states. the people you would possibly sell it to are probably poachers themselves and will turn it around and sell it for more... picking up what im putting down?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would leave it and not contribute to the black market. </div></div>

so youre trying to make money... hmm... still contributing to illegal acts if you ask me... also, its banned in many states. the people you would possibly sell it to are probably poachers themselves and will turn it around and sell it for more... picking up what im putting down? </div></div>

like i said i dont belive its illegal from what ive read - but if you know otherwise please let me know - from what i understand its ok as long as it stays in PA
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would leave it and not contribute to the black market. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">also any money would help out a lot being as i only have 400 dollars </span> lol </div></div>

That statement right there makes me think you are way more concerned about money than waste!!!!!

Some of the shit the teens are taking to get a high is "legal" currently! If you have kids or grandkids get online or somewhere and buy some nice hullicinagenic shit for them so they can enjoy 'escaping reality' cause dad or grandpa is willing to operate at the fringes of what is currently defined as legal/illagal because 'times are tough'. Make sense????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would leave it and not contribute to the black market. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">also any money would help out a lot being as i only have 400 dollars </span> lol </div></div>

That statement right there makes me think you are way more concerned about money than waste!!!!!

Some of the shit the teens are taking to get a high is "legal" currently! If you have kids or grandkids get online or somewhere and buy some nice hullicinagenic shit for them so they can enjoy 'escaping reality' cause dad or grandpa is willing to operate at the fringes of what is currently defined as legal/illagal because 'times are tough'. Make sense???? </div></div>

i do see what your saying but its either leave it in the woods or sell it and see it go to use

id rather see it go to use and why not if i can get money aswell?

even if it was just purly for the money.....then what? at least its still getting used as stated

i can fathom no reason not to sell it if it is legal....can you? Its not a drug...that im selling to teenage children just so you know too :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

i can fathom no reason not to sell it if it is legal....can you? Its not a drug...that im selling to teenage children just so you know too :p </div></div>

Some of the chit being sold on the net etc is not currently considered a 'drug' yet either but is harmfull or even fatal to many teenagers stupid enough to purchase and consumer it. Hell all the shit used to make meth currently is not illegal individually but look at what combinging/cooking it does. You are basing your arguement solely on financial...PERIOD!!

Most people either think something is right or wrong. Sometimes the law makes it easy as to which side you're on. Sometimes the gray area in legality and the morales, values, integrity of each individual make them see the gray easier than black or white.

Seeing the gray area easier than the other 2 colors will define in part your upbringing, integrity, honesty and what you consider legal, fair, right or wrong. Many times MONEY is the lens people look through that makes them see gray easier!

Myself, I have absolutely NO gray area in my decisions or how I percieve the law to be or could be. I make no excuses to justify a tinge of gray despite my income being totally through disability. My out of pocket med costs alone are 40% or more of my current income but I would NEVER think of borderline legality or adding gray to my color perception for money! Period!!!!

The so called medicinal value/use of bear gall bladders and all the other happy horseshit(deer/elk horns, shark fins, etc etc) is speculative on their part and percieved to either heal or be an anphrodisiac(sp?). These perceptions/ideas have been the death of millions of animals, fish, birds etc for only 1 part of their body. Not for meat to prevent starvation etc but many in hopes of having/keeping a boner longer. If they can't get it up I'll be damned if I would kill an animal to profit from their beliefs, culture etc. The decisions hunters and poachers make for money and to feed a culture frenzy is no different than decisions made by drug cartels, moonshiners, poppy growers in Astan etc. It makes promoting and continuing the fettishs, wives tales etc of cultures easier and more long term.

No matter what I or anyone else says it will be what is in you and how you were raised and how you precieve circumstances, situations, necessities that will guide your decision. Typing 1 or 2 paragraphs about morales, values, honesty and integrity can tell alot about you or how someone would percieve you. I make every effort to show there is no gray in my life, business dealings, friendships, morales etc. Just how I was raised and who I have become. Haven't ill gotten enough in my all most 60 yrs to buy a Happy Meal at McD's and wouldn't change it!!!!

Respectfully,
Dennis