• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bedding the Sauer SSG 3000 / Spuhr Scope mount

Jo.

Minuteman
Mar 29, 2006
Scandinavia
Got the new Spuhr mount for the SSG3000 last week.
This is by far the best scope mount I've seen for the Sauer SSG/STR. The scope now mounts 10mm lower than my previous set up and are rock solid.

The mount clamps on to the rail in the back and are secured by 4 screws. It offers the possibility to bolt the front part on to the action with 1 or 2 screws depending on the possition of the scope.

Since not all SSG's are created equal there are a minimal gap between the front part of the action and the mount. Spuhr recommends that you bed the mount.

I used just a tiny dash of Devcon Steel Bed, Kiwi shoepolish and orange claydoe and it worked out like charm!.

spuhr-1.jpg

spuhr-2.jpg

spuhr-3.jpg

spuhr-4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Bedding the Sauer SSG 3000 / Spuhr Scope mount

that looks pretty slick, i see you took the time to prep everything and make sure it came out perfect. that rifle is beautiful. do you have and post or threads with a full picture of it?

I have another quick question about the kiwi, was that for a release agent?

Re: Bedding the Sauer SSG 3000 / Spuhr Scope mount

Thanks!
I've just put up some pictures here.

ununge_nov_2010-11.jpg

You're right. The shoepolish is used as a release agent.

Last edited: