• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beef prices....

you got lucky. your experience is definitely not the norm. and it would depend on what the guy had been eating for the last several. high fat and grain diet, i bet he was good. He definitely was not eating straight pasture grass.
Mine are on pasture grass and they aren’t tough. Nobody is running them around the pasture either. Some of these myths need to be reconsidered. How can people think an elk or deer be tender and absolutely delicious out of the forest but then think that a cow in a maintained pasture is not worth eating? It comes down to the genetics of the cow; there are some you can corn feed and they aren’t going to gain weight or be worth a shit for anything other than stew meat. We just butchered a bull that went straight from the pasture to the meat hook same day and eats great. Never anything but grass his whole life. About $0.70/lb bagged and stacked in the freezer

This fable makes as much sense to me as the old wives tale of not feeding a dog chicken bones because it’ll choke him. I have yet to see one damn coyote or fox that has run off with our hens die, at least from the bones anyway. My dog is still alive and loves fried chicken bones.

20201220_200456.jpg
20201220_200550.jpg

20201220_193814.jpg

Bump for some updates from those out there selling or buying.

Damn bro, that’s some nice marbling. If your selling that some people are going to be very happy.

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
Damn bro, that’s some nice marbling. If your selling that some people are going to be very happy.
Thanks a lot. These I'm keeping. The other half was sold and part of this half is sold as well but the tomahawks, the brisket and some of the ground are staying in my freezer with another animal that was killed on the same date. This particular animal in the pics was actually just a bit shy of 18 months old. Dry aged 21 days.

Attachments

• 3B736FAB-FBB1-441D-825D-DCECAC126EA3.jpeg
    3B736FAB-FBB1-441D-825D-DCECAC126EA3.jpeg
    550.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 44F42ED6-1352-4621-9141-B25014906C92.jpeg
    44F42ED6-1352-4621-9141-B25014906C92.jpeg
    640.7 KB · Views: 71
I like mine local...

Hobo

Great looking beef. Obviously someone knows what their doing!😄

I’ll take a couple cases of tomahawks if you’re selling
Also interested
These are staying in my freezer. I don't know the first thing about shipping frozen beef across the country but I would imagine it wouldn't be cost effective. I'd drive within reason to deliver or meet someone though. I'm running out of people with freezers, money or both.