• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Benchmade may have messed up....

Archangel01

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2010
Arizona
I tried to do a little more digging on Facebook but not coming up with much (quoted the post was removed) , if true this will backfire like a watermelon to the face in the firearm community

FB_IMG_1550714031879.jpg

Looks like Oregon city police department just issued there statement/apology for not giving all of the details.

Screenshot_20190220-203149_Facebook.jpg

I have a Benchmade mini barrage in my pocket right now. Benchmade should just buy the LPD a chop saw and stay out of this kind of stuff. Times being what they are, no matter the intention, don't give guys a reason to buy someone else $200 knife.

I understand that the Police Department will have to destroy firearms for various reasons, regardless this still a very poor decision on Benchmade's part considering the vast majority of there end customers are very pro 2A supporters.

I wonder which officer in charge of social media is responsible for the photos being uploaded, it looks like they were sneaky when taking them. Im doubting that anyone from Benchmade knew these photos were being taken, let alone would be uploaded onto Facebook. Again tho simply agreeing to do this was not a smart move on their part at all considering how easy information is leaked now a days

Last edited:
Reactions: kill_zone67
I never was a Benchmade fan....this didnt exactly sway me to be a fan.

I'm not buying the explanation. Sure a judge can order something destroyed, say a murder weapon. But that would not mean that I have to destroy it. Kinda like President Trump can order a wall built but Chuck Schumer don't have to stop what he is doing to go build it. They could have told the cops to get lost, but instead they kissed their ass. Perhaps they will get out of a speeding ticket.

For me, I would just drive at the limit to avoid tickets. But then I don't expect I would like the taste of ass.

Waiting for an official statement from Benchmade.
Hoping it's not true, or that a floor supervisor made a decision without consulting higher management and has since been fired.

This could easily be the Dick's sporting goods moment for Benchmade.

Waiting for an official statement from Benchmade.
Hoping it's not true, or that a floor supervisor made a decision without consulting higher management and has since been fired.

This could easily be the Dick's sporting goods moment for Benchmade.

I would hope upper management would have quickly turned this request away, but it could also become the story and some shift supervisor gets canned with them trying to recover from eating the shoe

I have one, it's my regular use knife. I won't replace it, but I may not get another. I'm sure they were chopping up evidence, etc., but I'm also sure they were helping cut up the buybacks too (which generally include mostly stolen weapons that should be returned instead). Piss on that.

He doesn't make folders, but for fixed and tomahawks he's the best there is --Daniel Winkler. He's who I'll be using in the future. Really takes care of military and vets too, the discounts are insane in that case.

I've visited the shop. When inside they have a very strict policy on phones. This was the only photo I have.

I don't think they took that photo with permission.

I've carried a Benchmade since 2008, I still will, and it lives in my 501's. Boogie Boogie.

IMG_7837.JPG

Reactions: JimLee
This is blowing up in their faces. Apparently, Benchmade is across the street from the PD. So, from a "neighborly" perspective, kinda hard to say "no" to the PD borrowing your tools... or helping them with a task. So, I can understand the awkwardness of saying "no."

BUT.... the mistake was participating in the VIRTUE-SIGNALING ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Perhaps it was unwitting, and the PD did it without their permission. I doubt it. But, wow... talk about falling on your own sword!

I'm a long-time Spyderco fan / collector. Never bought a Benchmade. I've heard they are very good. But, I certainly won't consider them in the future.

Reactions: Bender
Hi,

Well I am pretty sure that Police Department has a maintenance and mechanical department.
+
Also pretty sure Benchmade cannot be forced to take any job from Police Department unless they want to.
=
Benchmade agreed and wanted to do this.

Sincerely,
Theis
Agreed, well I guess that's one way to look at it. Lets try that language out in another situation.

The Nympho agreed to have sex.
The politician agreed to take office.
The robber agreed to take the diamond.

Let is face facts, it seems that Benchmade is begging to be part of the process of disarming us.

Benchmade made a profoundly stupid decision to engage in virtue-signaling, perhaps thinking it would endear them to potential customers. Of course, those who they may have endeared are the LAST people who would buy one of their knives. Those people are as frightened of the mere sight of such a knife as they are guns. Instead, Benchmade spit in the faces of their true base customers.

They will join the moronic, self-destructive ranks of Dick's and Gillette.

Can anyone verify this? There has to be a narrative here. I don't want to impugn these guys if we're missing key details.

Welp. Dammit. Stupid choice for BM. I own four currently. I'm not going to sell them off, but I'm certainly not going to buy more from them (was looking at their site today in fact). PLENTY of outstanding choices in that price range!

Ah, the free market at work!

Reactions: Basher
My ZT452 approves.

Not to mention Kershaw/ZT supports the Expert Voice site by offering Mil/Vet/Leo discounts!

I just wish ZT would make a medium sized folder without a damn flipper. I'd be a happy man. The Emerson is just a tad to big for my EDC needs.

Reactions: J-Ham
I've got a Benchmade CLA in my pocket right now... Somebody want to make the same thing in America & charge me $400 for it, I'll buy it today.

Guns are not always auctioned off. Bench made supports our local LE, Fire, medical. Big time. I know some guns people don’t want back because a family member took their life with it. There is many reasons LE ends up with guns that end up being destroyed. My concern is who benchmade donated money to for campaigns. Almost all Democrats. So is it all Democrats because they only had Democrats to vote for and chose the less of two evils ? It is Oregon . They could just be liberals but before I decide that I want more info .

I've carried the same Benchmade every day for over the last ten years. Stopping by Walmart for a Kershaw on my way home, wasn't worth trading up anyways. Kershaw can machine and temper circles around BM, even if they are mostly just basic frame locks.

I wouldn't be that pissy about it, but with the campaign contributions it really cooks my cock.

I just wish ZT would make a medium sized folder without a damn flipper. I'd be a happy man. The Emerson is just a tad to big for my EDC needs.

Dude, you’re the Jolly Green Giant, how is an Emerson “too big for EDC?” :LOL:

And I have a few BMs on my “wish list.” If I buy used, BM won’t see any of that money. Maybe I’ll pare the list down some, but I’ll still get them. But buying new? Nope. I’m more of a Spyderco guy anyway.

Reactions: jmb1911
I'm pretty sure that Oregon City has a city maintenance shed that would have those same tools. At least for me it isn't about the firearms anymore, its about those political donations. What's troubling to me is this, what the hell are they teaching in business school these day? Is "How to bone your business" some type of new course?

The posting of the event and the associated pictures appear to be a bit too "celebratory" for my tastes. In other words; "we're destroying these guns, see what a great thing we're doing and what great people we are ?". If they were smart, they would have just done it, with no pics and particularly no fanfare by posting on the Internet. Plus, the completely one sided donations to dems/libs (that want to take our guns away from us) pretty much guarantees that BM won't be burdened by any of my hard earned dollars.

Like many others I've bought 4 Benchmade knives over the years and won't be buying any more.

Yet another stupid company thinking if they toe the line and "virtue signal" their compliance and eager willingness to swallow the Communist's agenda they will be rewarded with praise and that will mean more money...... FAIL
The Communists & the SJW types aren't interested in buying your stuff, they actually want to ban it as well. So good luck getting business now.

Reactions: Jackomason