• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara b-14r pic thread

KOD,
Something weird going on as your pics, and only your pics randomly disappear. I refresh the page and sometimes they don’t repopulate.
File size?

KOD, where did that bolt knob come from?
Anarchy Outdoors. It's the smaller knob but still almost to big/long. If I had it to do over I'd get the round knob ball. At the time I bought this knob I had the Elftmann 700 trigger in with a red trigger shoe.

KOD,
Something weird going on as your pics, and only your pics randomly disappear. I refresh the page and sometimes they don’t repopulate.
File size?
I think it's the way I'm attaching the photos. I'll try a different method.

Reactions: obx22
63022.jpg

630221.jpg

My barreled action is here , just put the Timney HIT trigger in it, my Oryx chassis should be here this week. Interesting thing about the HIT trigger, the trigger shoe or whatever it's called has a different curve to it and it is really sensitive where you put the trigger scale, and the reading.

B14 Steel. Factory trigger set to 12 oz. Wears upgraded KRG Bravo ( purchased here) and Kaw Valley Linier Comp. I also have a 14R Carbon that is all factory. Vortex Venom 5-25x56. (When I miss with either gun, it's not the rifle. It's me,)

Last edited:
Reactions: nakoa01 and obx22
Bergara Xlr element B14r
Cerakote distressed bomber green and black
i am getting ready to drop a barreled action (steel) in a XLR Element. any advise or issues you ran into? specifically dealing with magazines or fte?

B14 Steel. Factory trigger set to 18 oz. Wears upgraded KRG Bravo ( purchased here) and Kaw Valley Linier Comp. I also have a 14R Carbon that is all factory. Vortex Venom 5-25x56. (When I miss with either gun, it's not the rifle. It's me,)

How is the KRG Bravo working for you? I've been looking at them but the disclaimer that they don't guarantee the magazines will work with B14R has kept me from buying one

How is the KRG Bravo working for you? I've been looking at them but the disclaimer that they don't guarantee the magazines will work with B14R has kept me from buying one
I really like this chassis/set-up. Very versatile yet easier on the hands ( especially in cold weather due) to the polymer skin. Paid $400 for it here (as pictured) if memory serves. As for mag fit, I have to say, this one has been plug and play. Mag fit is perfect really. No slop but not stiff to insert/remove. Same as my factory HMR stock. I did insert the mag before torqueing the chassis bolts though. That is supposed to help. FWIW, i know a few other guys shoooting PRS games using this same set-up and none are plagued with FTF issues. Also FWIW, i do have a vudoo 360 in a KRG Xray that is giving me some issues but the vudoo's are known to be mag sensitive.

Reactions: Pomyluy
I really like this chassis/set-up. Very versatile yet easier on the hands ( especially in cold weather due) to the polymer skin. Paid $400 for it here (as pictured) if memory serves. As for mag fit, I have to say, this one has been plug and play. Mag fit is perfect really. No slop but not stiff to insert/remove. Same as my factory HMR stock. I did insert the mag before torqueing the chassis bolts though. That is supposed to help. FWIW, i know a few other guys shoooting PRS games using this same set-up and none are plagued with FTF issues. Also FWIW, i do have a vudoo 360 in a KRG Xray that is giving me some issues but the vudoo's are known to be mag sensitive.

Excellent! Thanks for the information--KRG Bravo (left hand) is getting ordered now! I've got a Bravo on a 10/22 and I like it a lot.....looking forward to trying it out on the B14R

Reactions: WeeHooker
Worth noting is that KRG does offer an extended mag release that is supposed to cure some AICS mag fit issues,. I purchased one but never needed it. Good luck

Last edited:
I had my barrelled action in a KRG Bravo while waiting on my MPA. I had some lead shaving but didn't shim magazine or adjust the magazine release. I'm sure if I had worked on it more it would have worked fine.

aTXiITF.jpg

• Bergara B-14R .22 LR barreled action
  • KRG Bravo chassis
  • Meopta Optika6 3-18x56 FFP scope
  • Spuhr 20MOA rail
  • Nightforce Ultralight 30mm medium rings
  • TriggerTech Special 2-stage flat trigger
  • Dead Air Mask suppressor
  • Cole-Tac Metal Python suppressor cover
  • Harris 1A2-BR bipod
  • Crossroads Precision Rifles bolt shroud
Can't see them in this pic, but I've also installed an Anarchy Outdoors bolt handle (because Sterk doesn't make a curved one yet) with a 1-3/8" brass knob from McMaster-Carr. Also, did the extractor spring mod I read about on here somewhere and haven't had any issues with extraction.

Overall, very happy with how this build has turned out. The magazine is still a bit finicky - if I adjust the chassis so it feeds perfectly, it fits snugly in the magwell and won't drop free. If I loosen it up, then the front of the mag isn't fully supported and sits too low to feed well. Not a huge deal, but I might try some different mags in the future.

Ballistic-X-Export-2022-04-11 11_00_51.428305.jpg

20220215_153302.jpg

Above is my B14R in an AICS 1.5 Chassis with the Knights Armament NV bridge on spigot with a Trigger Tech Diamond 2 Stage trigger flat trigger shoe and a Vortex Venom 5-25x56 with EBR 7C reticle in Spuhr mount. As you can see it absolutely hammers even at 100m with the Lapua Centre-X ammo. I use CCI Standard as my practice ammo and get just less than double this group at 100m which in my opinion is still very acceptable for a 22LR.

Just finished this B14R barreled action build. My goal was to save some weight on a trainer design and still have flexibility of a chassis. I understand the advantage of weight to manage recoil on a centerfire, but with minimal recoil on a rimfire I saw an opportunity to try something a bit different. The chassis is MPA BA Ultra Lite, comes in at 2.5 lbs, the carbon fiber barreled action weighs in at 4.3, the scope is a relatively heavy 30.1 oz Vortex 5-25 Viper Gen 2 in mils (came off my centerfire). Biggest challenge is to create balance while getting light. I had too add weight to the front of the chassis (about 20 oz - steel spigot and rail weights), and now I balance right in front of the mag. I am aware that lightweight designs tend to be butt heavy, and this was no exception. I could save an easy 10 oz with a lighter scope, but I didn't want to pony up the $ just yet. My total weight as pictured is 11 lbs 8 oz. Not light for a hunting build, but for a range rifle, or a NRL22 shooter, it is pretty handy. Following are numbered details.
1) Harris bipod 6-9, "S" attached to spigot with simple stud, 10/32"
2) Custom built spigot made of 1/4" steel and tapped 10/32 for socket head screws using MPA existing holes
3) 1" bar stock steel (L & R), counter sunk for 10/32 socket head screws, attached to existing MPA threads in side of chassis
4) MPA 0 degree EVA grip. I wanted to replicate my centerfire thumb rest and hand position. I had to do some shaping with a file and fill a gap with some black silicone, came out nice
5) This bag rider from MPA has a flush cup for sling mount, nice light design
6) Trigger Tech Special - flat trigger, pull weight adjustable to 1 lb.
7) EGW 30 MOA rail - with the Vortex 70 MOA vertical adjustment (but the zero stop will eat a lot), my estimate is I can dial to 350 yds.

The ultimate in flexibility would be to utilize the arca rail on the chassis and add an adapter to the spigot for the bipod, maybe a barricade stop. For me, I'm not a competitor, but it's hard not to tinker. The only reason I used the 1 lb lighter carbon fiber barreled action instead of the steel barrel was I got a deal. I may not have needed to add the side chassis weights by using a steel barrel.
Hope it shoots well, sure is pretty though.

Attachments

• B14R in chassis.jpg
    B14R in chassis.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 124
My b14r in a manners lrh stock, 360 precision weighted arca rail, harrels tuner, and a strike eagle. Trying to getting the tuner dialed in with some sk standard.

Attachments

• 138F37BF-5307-42F3-8759-FB105E7EB08D.jpeg
    138F37BF-5307-42F3-8759-FB105E7EB08D.jpeg
    650.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 76AE7474-E62C-4FBE-AD60-B13FCBE60F1F.jpeg
    76AE7474-E62C-4FBE-AD60-B13FCBE60F1F.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 139
0B7D0C82-7A07-4F88-BDAB-649B407DFA5A.jpeg

Finally got to take my new B14R to the range tonight. Shot CCI Blazer since I have like 7000 rounds rounds of it, my pistol likes that stuff. I ordered 200 rounds of CCI standard velocity, 100 rounds of Norma Tac, and 100 rounds of SK rifle match. At 25 yards all make a tiny little hole, at 50 yards the high velocity opened up a bit. Maybe 3/4 of an inch groups. I still need to really season the barrel, so I’m sure over the next 500 to 1000 rounds it will continue to tighten up. Loved the Timney HIT trigger, it’s set at 8oz. And I was happy that when running my Spectre II can the POI shift was repeatable, maybe 1/2” high from standard POI. Also brought my 6.5 CM which is running a Vortex PST Gen II and when looking back and forth from the Vortex and the Arken EP5 I can say that the Arken is a phenomenal optic and well worth the price for what you get. Makes a great optic especially for a 22. Haven’t gotten to look through it at max power at 1000 yards, but for what I have used it for I’m extremely happy with it so far.

b14r 2.jpg

Just getting into the Rimfire PRS game and built this up a couple of months ago. To head off the question YES it is ass heavy. If I were building again I'd probably go with a BA Comp or similar. That said I have enough weight up front that it's not horribly out of balance and it shoots lights out.

Started life as a barreled action which I dropped into the MPA Matrix chassis. Full internal weight kit + 2 external weights balance it just in front of the mag well. EGW 20MOA rail and Seekins Precision rings hold the Vortex Razor HD Gen 3 (acquired on the buy/sell here). I swapped the stock trigger for a TriggerTech Diamond 2-stage and put an Accu-Tac BR-4 G2 bipod on.

Luckily the gun really likes less expensive ammo and is holding under 1moa at 100yrds with SK Standard Plus.

My B14R. Recently added a vortex strike eagle 5-25. I epoxied lead shot in the gaps and installed a custom steel Arca rail since these photos were taken. This is a great rifle!
8073EB43-63F8-4506-AF70-B65F43F34FB2.jpeg

Attachments

• F9E22B4A-3529-4227-A241-5EA7E2ED5912.jpeg
    F9E22B4A-3529-4227-A241-5EA7E2ED5912.jpeg
    775.4 KB · Views: 136
  • E2B99D52-BAA1-4478-A8C3-2E930D41115C.jpeg
    E2B99D52-BAA1-4478-A8C3-2E930D41115C.jpeg
    759.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Are all of your cold bore shots off about this much? I recently had a b-14r and shot sk rifle match red box and every cold bore shot was 2-4moa off no matter what I did clean dirty in between tried running a patch with some sk barrel lube off a separate box on it and that was the only thing that helped it stay under 2 moa shift but it never shot tacks on the first round even a hour of sitting in the cold weather was enough to throw the first round
I had my bergara b14r steel barrel for a few years now and it always has had that flyer on cold bore. I sent it in to bergara with and they re-crown it supposably. The problem still persisted. I called bergara again and the guy on the phone gave me attitude sounded like he didn't like working there. The riffle is in the safe collecting dust. I just hate using it because of that. I think bergara used to be a great company. Now its a hit or mis just like Remington. Anyway anybody have a cure for the first round flyers? I tried SK line lapua line and Eley

I had my bergara b14r steel barrel for a few years now and it always has had that flyer on cold bore. I sent it in to bergara with and they re-crown it supposably. The problem still persisted. I called bergara again and the guy on the phone gave me attitude sounded like he didn't like working there. The riffle is in the safe collecting dust. I just hate using it because of that. I think bergara used to be a great company. Now its a hit or mis just like Remington. Anyway anybody have a cure for the first round flyers? I tried SK line lapua line and Eley
I’m not having this problem. Sorry you are. I usually always fire a couple sighted after cleanings and my next range cold bore is spot on. My rifle is an early one, not sure that matters. I usually run Eley match with great results. But it has been lot # picky too.

Reactions: eamieva02
Like post #89, I’m not having this problem on my B14R steel brl. I did however have it on a CZ MTR that I really liked. Meaning I liked the stock.
I sold it due to the cold bore issue. I had two ther CZ 457s that did not exibit this problem. A 457 AT-One that out shot my V22 and a CZ 457 Royal
that shot very well even with the thin barrel. A fellow shooter mentioned, that used to be a police sniper also mentioned that his CZ MTR had a
cold bore issue. I cant imagine why a new crown would fix the CB ?? I mean every other shot exits the same crown and presumably shoots fine.
My B14R is alo fairly early. It has the square slot that ,may crak in the bolt.

Reactions: eamieva02
Like post #89, I’m not having this problem on my B14R steel brl. I did however have it on a CZ MTR that I really liked. Meaning I liked the stock.
I sold it due to the cold bore issue. I had two ther CZ 457s that did not exibit this problem. A 457 AT-One that out shot my V22 and a CZ 457 Royal
that shot very well even with the thin barrel. A fellow shooter mentioned, that used to be a police sniper also mentioned that his CZ MTR had a
cold bore issue. I cant imagine why a new crown would fix the CB ?? I mean every other shot exits the same crown and presumably shoots fine.
My B14R is alo fairly early. It has the square slot that ,may crak in the bolt.
Pics of the square slot?

Here are some images of the older B14R bolt slot that people are breaking. The problem is stress concentrations in the sharp corners. It's just a stupid oversight on Bergara's part. The small plug has generous radii on it and the firing pin has small but adequate raddi on it where the diameters tranition from one diameter to another. Image number 4 shows the orentation in which the plug goes in during re-assembly. I have seen on you-tube that the the retension pin is directional. IT IS NOT. It is a simple, multi layer roll pin seen clearly in image number 5. FP shown in image nukmber 6. Image #7 shows how the stress is distributed when a radii is used. When square corners are used, the stress climbs to incredable levels. The company that I worked for designed and built six lfters fo rFord Motor co. and one of thenm failed after 2 months and dropped an 8000 pond tool on the main line. It's shafting was undersized but it also had two keyways that had sharp coner's. It was a textbook Von Mises stress failure. Based on the loads on the B14R bolt, it is breaking when the people extract the bolt. That's not to say it is thier fault but that is when it is happening. The bolt hits the bolt stop and all of the energy goes into the sharp corner. Bergara has put a large radii in the new bolts. Neglecting any hardening flaws.....that should prevent any bolt future failures. Answere your query ??

Attachments

• Von-Mises-stress-of-simulated-plate-under-load-1.png
    Von-Mises-stress-of-simulated-plate-under-load-1.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PXL_20230116_191304199.jpg
    PXL_20230116_191304199.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20230116_191428036.jpg
    PXL_20230116_191428036.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: stevieb92
Here are some images of the older B14R bolt slot that people are breaking. The problem is stress concentrations in the sharp corners. It's just a stupid oversight on Bergara's part. The small plug has generous radii on it and the firing pin has small but adequate raddi on it where the diameters tranition from one diameter to another. Image number 4 shows the orentation in which the plug goes in during re-assembly. I have seen on you-tube that the the retension pin is directional. IT IS NOT. It is a simple, multi layer roll pin seen clearly in image number 5. FP shown in image nukmber 6. Image #7 shows how the stress is distributed when a radii is used. When square corners are used, the stress climbs to incredable levels. The company that I worked for designed and built six lfters fo rFord Motor co. and one of thenm failed after 2 months and dropped an 8000 pond tool on the main line. It's shafting was undersized but it also had two keyways that had sharp coner's. It was a textbook Von Mises stress failure. Based on the loads on the B14R bolt, it is breaking when the people extract the bolt. That's not to say it is thier fault but that is when it is happening. The bolt hits the bolt stop and all of the energy goes into the sharp corner. Bergara has put a large radii in the new bolts. Neglecting any hardening flaws.....that should prevent any bolt future failures. Answere your query ??
Thanks for the reply! I will have to take a look at mine. I’m pretty sure mine was in the first year of manufacturing.

Put one together today with KRG Bravo. Will Paint or Cerakote the stock this week. Waiting on a Pic Rail to mount scope. It will fit my Foundation stock and so I will use that for comp, until I get a second one. Plan on it essentially being identical to my Dasher on the bottom when it is all said and done. Thinking of using either the Leica PRS or Eotech Vudu.

69A9297D-1810-4B8B-9D1D-F878AEE17D5F.jpeg
1535D82F-CB3A-4906-902F-0D1FE4972396.jpeg

Last edited:
Put one together today with KRG Bravo. Will Paint or Cerakote the stock this week. Waiting on a Pic Rail to mount scope. It will fit my Foundation stock and so I will use that for comp, until I get a second one. Plan on it essentially being identical to my Dasher on the bottom when it is all said and done. Thinking of using either the Leica PRS or Eotech Vudu.

View attachment 8056049View attachment 8056050
That’s sorta how mine came along, sat in a bravo till I had an other PRS1 available. Now I’m looking at possibly switching over to a foundation just to see what they are all about.

I was leaning toward a Bravo, but decided to turn my B14R into a clone of my precision centerfire. I bought a used AICS chassis from a member here and it arrived on Saturday. The Viperskins (to delete the thumbhole) are supposed to be here today. Can't wait to shoot it in the new configuration!

Attachments

• B14R aics.jpg
    B14R aics.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Jessica.jpg
    Jessica.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 85
I was leaning toward a Bravo, but decided to turn my B14R into a clone of my precision centerfire. I bought a used AICS chassis from a member here and it arrived on Saturday. The Viperskins (to delete the thumbhole) are supposed to be here today. Can't wait to shoot it in the new configuration!
I've been quite pleased with how my B14R carbon has ran function wise in my AICS. No issues at all. I will eventually be swapping out the AICS stock back to my 308 and probably go the KRG Bravo route since it's cheap and adequate.