• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B-14R Range Report and Assessment

That’s the combo I’m thinking of running if I get a Bergara. Could you tell me what rings you went with and the height? Good looking groups..👍
I have the Vortex PMR rings at 1.00. I am also running the Weaver 20 MOA rail.
20200614_105205.jpg

20200615_195125.jpg

Picked her up today, mounted 30 MOA rail and the Strike Eagle in Seekings rings. Trigger broke clean at 2lbs so I didn't touch it.
Took 10 rounds to zero/play on steel and the next 40 on paper. Top 3 groups are CCI Standard Velocity, bottom 5 groups are Wolf Match(older). Shot at 50 yards.
20200615_203716.jpg

Wish I could call a flyer on the top right Wolf group but unfortunately I don't know what that was.

I had 2 failures to extract, both with the CCI and the brass stayed in action. I did notice a lot of extra lube on a few of those, thinking the lube was enough to cause it to be a little sticky. The last 25 shot were the Wolf and were flawless.

Looking forward to more trigger time with it.

Last edited:
View attachment 7352423
Picked her up today, mounted 30 MOA rail and the Strike Eagle in Seekings rings. Trigger broke clean at 2lbs so I didn't touch it.
Took 10 rounds to zero/play on steel and the next 40 on paper. Top 3 groups are CCI Standard Velocity, bottom 5 groups are Wolf Match(older).
View attachment 7352432

Wish I could call a flyer on the top right Wolf group but unfortunately I don't know what that was.

I had 2 failures to extract, both with the CCI and the brass stayed in action. I did notice a lot of extra lube on a few of those, thinking the lube was enough to cause it to be a little sticky. The last 25 shot were the Wolf and were flawless.

Looking forward to more trigger time with it.

Wow that was 200 yard groups? Those look great. Mine isn’t shooting as well as yours.

I have had a few failure to eject all the way out of the action. It kinda spits the brass into the action and I either have to dump the rifle on the side or remove the mag and drop the empty out the bottom.

Wow that was 200 yard groups? Those look great. Mine isn’t shooting as well as yours.

I have had a few failure to eject all the way out of the action. It kinda spits the brass into the action and I either have to dump the rifle on the side or remove the mag and drop the empty out the bottom.

Heck no, 50 yards. Lol
Those are just 200 yard bench rest targets I had laying around.

Sounds like we have the same issue, I was hoping it was just the extra lube on the CCI's.

I got my B14 out for the first go a couple days ago and thought I'd add to the discussion. It's a Carbon version now sitting in a Q Side Chick chassis replicate the feel of my Q Fix rifle. Chassis installed was straight forward. The barrel is close to the top of the freefloat hand guard, about 3mm of clearance, but I really have to push hard on the bottom of the rail to make contact. The retention tooth on the back of the magazine needed a very small amount of it filed off to engage the mag catch on the Side Chick but it locks up tight and falls free upon release. Package was finished off with a QD Atlas bipod (handguard is MLOK compatible), American Defense DELTA 30mm QD mount and a 4-24x50 Vortex Strike Eagle. Additional magazines are in limited supply and difficult to find right now and apparently other Remy 700 platform magazines in the wild are not compatible (or not compatible with the factory stock/chassis system).

I'm a novice precision rimfire shooter, and had limited ammo types on hand, but this is what I was experiencing in the first 200 rounds out of the rifle at 50 meters. All group were fired suppressed using a Silencerco Sparrow SS.

The Rifle
20200615_101224.jpg

20200615_111936.jpg

20200615_101311.jpg

20200615_101523.jpg

20200615_101530.jpg

I haven't run these photos in On Target to get exact group sizes but you guys get the picture. The orange target paste is 1.5" in diameter. I'm really looking forward to getting additional match ammunition and see what it can do at extended ranges.

Remington Green Box Target 40gn
Remington Green Box Standard Velocity 40gn.jpg

CCI Standard Velocity 40gn - Lateral dispersion here...might have been shooter error. More shooting with this round as its the daily shooter round for me.

CCI Standard Velocity 40gn.jpg

RWS Subsonic HP 40gn

RWS Subsonic HP 40gn.jpg

RWS Target Rifle Sport Line 40gn

RWS Target Rifle Sport Line 40gn.jpg

Heck no, 50 yards. Lol
Those are just 200 yard bench rest targets I had laying around.

Sounds like we have the same issue, I was hoping it was just the extra lube on the CCI's.

The 200 yards looked hand written to me which threw me off!

I was trying to pull the bolt back rapidly to ensure ejection and it seemed to get better when I did that, but I've only done one range session so far so I'll see if it gets better.

I'm getting similar groups to yours with the same ammo. I also tested Lapua Center X, SK Standard Plus, RWS Target. I started getting fatigued after testing all the ammo so I need to go again before judging groups.

My actual plan is just to shoot about 200 more rounds of CCI STD through it and let the barrel "break in" and then start shooting for groups and find what ammo the gun likes. I hope its just CCI STD because it's cheap and I've got a lot of it.

I got my B14 out for the first go a couple days ago and thought I'd add to the discussion. It's a Carbon version now sitting in a Q Side Chick chassis replicate the feel of my Q Fix rifle. Chassis installed was straight forward. The barrel is close to the top of the freefloat hand guard, about 3mm of clearance, but I really have to push hard on the bottom of the rail to make contact. The retention tooth on the back of the magazine needed a very small amount of it filed off to engage the mag catch on the Side Chick but it locks up tight and falls free upon release. Package was finished off with a QD Atlas bipod (handguard is MLOK compatible), American Defense DELTA 30mm QD mount and a 4-24x50 Vortex Strike Eagle. Additional magazines are in limited supply and difficult to find right now and apparently other Remy 700 platform magazines in the wild are not compatible (or not compatible with the factory stock/chassis system).

I'm a novice precision rimfire shooter, and had limited ammo types on hand, but this is what I was experiencing in the first 200 rounds out of the rifle at 50 meters. All group were fired suppressed using a Silencerco Sparrow SS.

The Rifle
View attachment 7352620
View attachment 7352621

View attachment 7352622
View attachment 7352624
View attachment 7352626

I haven't run these photos in On Target to get exact group sizes but you guys get the picture. The orange target paste is 1.5" in diameter. I'm really looking forward to getting additional match ammunition and see what it can do at extended ranges.

Remington Green Box Target 40gn
View attachment 7352636

CCI Standard Velocity 40gn - Lateral dispersion here...might have been shooter error. More shooting with this round as its the daily shooter round for me.

View attachment 7352637

RWS Subsonic HP 40gn

View attachment 7352638

RWS Target Rifle Sport Line 40gn

View attachment 7352639

You got me wanting that Side Chick. I was dead set on it for awhile, but I came to my financial senses and just put the action in a KRG Bravo. I had a hard time justifying the cost.

The 200 yards looked hand written to me which threw me off!

I was trying to pull the bolt back rapidly to ensure ejection and it seemed to get better when I did that, but I've only done one range session so far so I'll see if it gets better.

I'm getting similar groups to yours with the same ammo. I also tested Lapua Center X, SK Standard Plus, RWS Target. I started getting fatigued after testing all the ammo so I need to go again before judging groups.

My actual plan is just to shoot about 200 more rounds of CCI STD through it and let the barrel "break in" and then start shooting for groups and find what ammo the gun likes. I hope its just CCI STD because it's cheap and I've got a lot of it.

I have some new Wolf match and a brick of SK Rifle Match that will be here by the weekend.
I hope the new vs the old Wolf doesn't make a difference, I don't want to spend more than 60 a brick for ammo so the SK rifle will probably be the best it gets fed.

I know it probably helps but I despise loading mags with all that ammo that's wax coated.. it makes your hands so slimy. I'll probably run CCI STD 99% of the time because of that alone.

Yup, I have never handled "high end" .22LR in my life so when the greasy RWS rounds came out I was a little concerned. I wiped them down, briefly, before loading and they were still slippery. Thanks for the confirmation that this is "normal".

Fired 75 more Wolf Match and then 75 CCI SV, only had 1 failure to extract (with CCI again).
Total of 200 rounds on the rifle now with total group average of .479 for Wolf and .557 for CCI.
Cold bore group is the largest at 1.235". Any one else have to warm the barrel up?
20200616_192047.jpg

20200616_192227.jpg

Reactions: Eadle
The hardest about buying precision is knowing when to stop so you can just go out and shoot!

This is spot on and exactly what I do , I do my usual tune up on factory rifles (if needed) bedding, trigger, crown, finding ammo it likes, at that point and after break in I work on learning how the rifle likes to be set up and fired for best accuracy. I also keep bore cleaning to a minimum if possible.

More range report and assessment folks! mine still in shipping mode yaayy! good shooting

Ok one more range report. My son just stepped onto the "slippery slope" in a big way. He purchased a b-14R and put a Vortex 4-16 diamondback on top.

We spent yesterday at the range wringing it out.

It shot Eley CMP ammo .242" at 50 yards (5 hots). It shot SK at .292 at 50 yards. We tried my thunderbeast 22-S on the gun and there was no POI shift (unicorn?). We zeored for the CMP ammo and then filled out the ballistic data to true ballistics out to 232 yards. My son was stunned at how well the gun did at distance. He didn't know it was possible to hit targets that you could barely see with the naked eye. Light steady wind he hit a 2" spinner at 184 and one at 211 yards 5 out of 5 and 4 out of 5 times.

We put about 300 rounds through the gun and it feeds flawlessly ... even when cycling the bolt as fast as possible.

Here's what I will say: Best bang for the buck that I have seen so far out there. I have seen good things from the CZ's in the Manners stocks ( about the same price point) but I like the ergo's for training better with the Bergara.

FWIW, I own a Vudoo, Sako Finnfire 94 Range, 1938 model 54 target and know that I could win any .22 NRL match with his Bergara. I would eventually upgrade the scope and maybe the trigger but it is GTG as is and any points I lost would be because of me ...

your mileage may vary ...

I shot a local small bore match last night at 100 yards. Prone with bipod and rear bag. I had to single load the rounds which makes you break position.
20200618_113530.jpg

Top is center x, middle is SK Rifle Match, and bottom is SK standard plus. The rifle is capable, I just need more practice.

Reactions: cwmoss
Took mine out to zero the scope and shoot a few rounds. First target, first shot then correct 4 mils down and shoot five more at 25. Second target, five shots or more per groups, left side is 25, middle is 50 and right side is 100 shooting CCI SV as I have a lot of it and no center X :). Best Outside to outside measurements, .3 at 25., .52 at 50 and .78 at 100 after putting the first three in the same hole. Wind picked up a bit at 100, fun seeing 22 trace in the scope.

Bergara_Zero.jpgTargetMix.jpgB14r.jpg

good shooting folks! mine just got here in my dealers they call me today so more wait and she all mine."HAPPY FATHERS DAY Y'ALL". RANGE AND REPORT + ASSESSMENT.

Just had to send mine back. Failure to extract live ammo and never got to shoot it. I’ll keep you all posted.

Just had to send mine back. Failure to extract live ammo and never got to shoot it. I’ll keep you all posted.

Mine won't either, I'm not going to send it back. I have only tried one live round, I think it took 3 to 4 tries closing and opening the bolt to get it to eject.
I think that had more to do with these rifles having a match chamber and how the bullet is jammed into the rifling, add to that the rounded rim of the .22lr and it just increases the chance of the extractor slipping off the round.

I had a cheap bulk pack round do this on the first range session but I've had zero issues since then. I agree, the tight chamber is probably causing this.

Almost no rifles with match chambers will reliably extract a live round which is heavily engraved. Widely known and accepted.

The only one with the extraction power to do it every time, is a RimX.

I hope the RimX doesn't become the MDR of the rimfire world.

Yep, loaded a mag and cycled the bolt when I got the rifle, one round stuck and had to be tapped out with a rod. Round was well marked from being in the chamber. Cleaned everything real well and hit the range, didn't have a single FTE out of 200 rounds of CCI SV.

Picked up my new B14r today. Got the carbon version of it and first impressions were pretty good. Trigger is a little stiffer than I am use too tho.

Has anyone put a Calvin elite in there bergara yet? I’ve read the issues the OP got with trigger tech and Bix-n-Andy. Just curious if anyone else has tried the timney or jewel yet?

Anyhow here she is with my also new 16.5in 6cm. Waiting on the rail, 5-25 vortex strike Eagle and rings to show up.

Attachments

• F672CF61-B1C2-4396-85A7-A1643A7315E9.jpeg
    F672CF61-B1C2-4396-85A7-A1643A7315E9.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 185
Got my Bergara on April 16th from Brotherhood Arms. A week later I ordered 3 more mags from BPI, put a Ares ETR with ARC M10 scope rings, a Bix-n-Andy single stage trigger, 30 MOA rail, Atlas bi-pod and a pint size game changer.
When it came to the ammo, I tried about every brand I could find from Center X, SK pistol match special, SK Biathlon sport, SK rm, SK plus, Geco rifle & match, Aguila target comp, 3 different RWS, Eley, Wolf, CCI, Fed, and several more. I think there were about 8 bricks of this.
I had a lot of trigger time and enjoyed time spent shooting, but, I was chasing my tail, even if you get some that shoot good when you buy more it may not. Different lots shoot different, flyers and so on. I know a lot of you all already know this!
Snipers Hide is a great place to learn. If it weren't for the forums I would still be buying brand A or B and getting no where. Find a place you can buy test lots! Good Shooting is where I called and got 3 test lots of SK standard +, and one of them shot as consistent as any thing I have shot. SO, I got more :rolleyes::D 84 LBS worth!
Not bad ammo for 5.50/box to my door!
By the way, I really like my Bergara!
All are 5 shot groups at 50yds.
Z9qUcDz.jpg

xNWH8FC.jpg

uIPZBMv.jpg

Kfdh5WI.jpg

Got my Bergara on April 16th from Brotherhood Arms. A week later I ordered 3 more mags from BPI, put a Ares ETR with ARC M10 scope rings, a Bix-n-Andy single stage trigger, 30 MOA rail, Atlas bi-pod and a pint size game changer.
When it came to the ammo, I tried about every brand I could find from Center X, SK pistol match special, SK Biathlon sport, SK rm, SK plus, Geco rifle & match, Aguila target comp, 3 different RWS, Eley, Wolf, CCI, Fed, and several more. I think there were about 8 bricks of this.
I had a lot of trigger time and enjoyed time spent shooting, but, I was chasing my tail, even if you get some that shoot good when you buy more it may not. Different lots shoot different, flyers and so on. I know a lot of you all already know this!
Snipers Hide is a great place to learn. If it weren't for the forums I would still be buying brand A or B and getting no where. Find a place you can buy test lots! Good Shooting is where I called and got 3 test lots of SK standard +, and one of them shot as consistent as any thing I have shot. SO, I got more :rolleyes::D 84 LBS worth!
Not bad ammo for 5.50/box to my door!
By the way, I really like my Bergara!
All are 5 shot groups at 50yds.
Z9qUcDz.jpg

xNWH8FC.jpg

uIPZBMv.jpg

Kfdh5WI.jpg
How do you like the Bravo vs. the Bergara stock? I'm on the fence on ordering the complete rifle of a barreled action and putting it into a Bravo.

I need everyones help. I just ordered a barreled action today. I need advice on a stock and future trigger change. I have been looking at the Bravo and Grayboe Ridgeback. What does everyone recommend?

Make sure to find a stock that is proven to work. I tried everything with a Oryx and it does not feed relieble, no matter what I did even with manufacturers help and advice.
To be clear, this action fits mostlikly in every R700 SA stock, thats not an issue. Making it feed correctly is!
I would strongly suggest to chose a stock that accepts the bergara button metal, that should work fine.

Make sure to find a stock that is proven to work. I tried everything with a Oryx and it does not feed relieble, no matter what I did even with manufacturers help and advice.
To be clear, this action fits mostlikly in every R700 SA stock, thats not an issue. Making it feed correctly is!
I would strongly suggest to chose a stock that accepts the bergara button metal, that should work fine.
I was sure hoping the bravo would be reliable.

I just placed an order on the barreled action from GAG. I was going to pre-order it from Brownell's last night but held off. Looked on GAG and used the grab a quote and it saved me 150 bux. I already purchased Bravo from a member here the other day, now I will have something to put in it.