• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B14R Issues & Solutions

First time I have seen them. I have always used the factory 10 and carry a spare but do have an L3i that I have been using but it is tricky adjusting it for flawless function so not using it in the matches.

Anyone have experience with these mags: https://macbros.com/product/bergara-b-14r-magazine-dual-column-22lr/

It says they will not work with the KRG Bravo chassis. Anyone know why, or modified them to work with one?
It's pictured in post #1 on this thread along with the mod I did to it.
As for fitting the KRG, the problem is this is a double sided mag so that can create a problem with some bottom metal. The AICS style mag is wider at the rear so the second/bottom side is reversed i.e. wide side forward & that may hit the front of the magwell.

I had to mill out the front of my Manners mini chassis bottom metal to accept the Macbros mag.

Reactions: WeeHooker
It's pictured in post #1 on this thread along with the mod I did to it.
As for fitting the KRG, the problem is this is a double sided mag so that can create a problem with some bottom metal. The AICS style mag is wider at the rear so the second/bottom side is reversed i.e. wide side forward & that may hit the front of the magwell.

I had to mill out the front of my Manners mini chassis bottom metal to accept the Macbros mag.
Great info, thanks. Man that’s bad news on the manners bottom metal. I was going to buy one of the mags and try to make it work in the Bravo chassis and if it wouldn’t, use it in my Manners PRS-1. But I don’t want to mill my manners bottom metal.

After trying l3i extensions (trash) and the l3i 14rd mag which i like and with tuning and velcro on the front works fine. I've found the best combination is a standard mag with the mkm extensions and velcro on the front of the mag works really well. And this is with a krg bravo chassis with the aluminum forend.

So after attempting to use my carbon barreled action with a KRG Bravo and the KRG arca rail, like everyone else I was buttstock heavy and had feeding issues. I had a spare adjustable weight Area 419 arca rail laying around so I went to work. I ordered this:

I turned the arca rail around backwards and found I could mount it with three MLOK attachment points. I took the rear most weight out of the Area 419 rail. After mounting the rail I cut the bar stock and attached it as shown. If I could do it over I would have cut the bar stock in half and only bolted on two pieces that stuck out closer to the end of the barrel instead of three even with the end of the arca rail. It is much better balanced now though.

I’m hoping the Gray Ops bag stop I also added fixes the feeding issues. I also added Velcro to the L3 mag and the factory mag. Not sure how much that is actually helping. I’ll find out tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_8453.jpeg
    IMG_8453.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8450.jpeg
    IMG_8450.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 48
Hey guys

Found another potential solution for the weak spring under the case tensioner.
A Glock firing pin safety spring (L in photo, Detent spring middle, Stock spring R) fits nicely and ads 2-3 coils of tension and in limited testing has eliminated the empty case being released too early.
Being in the land down under, for most of us over here a Glock safety spring is far easier to get than a AR takedown detent spring.
Give it a crack and see what you think, it’s solved the issue for me in the few hundred I’ve shot since installing.

cheers
Jackson
IMG_0498.jpeg

An easier spring to find is one from a butane lighter.

It slips inside the OEM tensioner spring. Just cut to the same length as the OEM spring and install. I have done this to 4 different bolts now, all with positive results.

Reactions: Pomyluy