• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara or VuDoo

I have a Bergara and love it. It shoots great and I do like the HMR stock. My only reason for ditching the HMR stock and going with a chassis is for weight. My Bergara actually has more recoil than I would like when shooting precision. My buddy has a chassis and it’s so heavy and his gun doesn’t even flinch when he shoots. I’ve noticed on mine that the little recoil does affect accuracy to a point. As for the debate, I looked at the vudoo but didn’t want to wait. I bought my Bergara from another shooter that had many upgrades already like arca rail and scope mount. So for the price I saved a lot. I’ve since added a BnA trigger I found used on this site. The Bergara allowed me to compete right away and get better running matches. I will not and don’t have buyers remorse. If I get better at matches to where I’m actually good then things may change with rifle choice. But I’d first buy a chassis for my Bergara before moving on. But I need to improve my match skills before I’ll notice the gun making the difference. Bench shooting gives me and most a false sense of being a good shooter. I can, like most punch holes all day long from prone or bench. A Match is a completely different beast. Below is 50 yds with the Bergara shooting prone with original trigger. This is normal shooting with this gun. Groups with the new trigger have improved a tad. It really comes down to getting the gun rock solid on target to control that little bit of recoil. I’m starting to see why weight of the gun is so important. Less movement. I have a vortex viper 5x25x50 scope which helps too.
My b14r has been a consistent tack driver. I see no reason to get the Vudoo right now...

Thread complete.
Not really, change the Vudoo to a Rim-X!!!🤣
20210410_164148.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Schütze
The real advantage of getting a Bergara first is any upgrades could be used on any other 700 footprint rifle in the future. It’s probably the most economical way to get into precision rifle shooting.

The real advantage of getting a Bergara first is any upgrades could be used on any other 700 footprint rifle in the future. It’s probably the most economical way to get into precision rifle shooting.
Thats exactly what I'm planning.
Will order a vudoo as soon as I can.

Reactions: Defender32
Thats exactly what I'm planning.
Will order a vudoo as soon as I can.
This is what I did. I started shooting the Bergara in October and ordered a Vudoo in Jan. Being able to pay a 20% deposit and pay the rest before it ships and as you have the funds makes it an easy upgrade.

Change the Rim-X to a Bergara. 50 yds outside in the elements. 3 shot group. Sk std +. Shooting from prone position with bipod. Like I said, all these guns punch holes and are accurate. But running matches is entirely different. I will agree, the vudoo action is really smooth. Wish the Bergara was that nice.

Attachments

• A11EC5D0-12C0-4265-91E0-B73D722E14C5.jpeg
    A11EC5D0-12C0-4265-91E0-B73D722E14C5.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 74
  • E00DF94D-C705-41DD-97A0-FA15ECAEA547.jpeg
    E00DF94D-C705-41DD-97A0-FA15ECAEA547.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 3DD5A63A-FA77-4D1B-BF4C-22F8A1A8CCDB.jpeg
    3DD5A63A-FA77-4D1B-BF4C-22F8A1A8CCDB.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Haha
Reactions: BisSilent
Change the Rim-X to a Bergara. 50 yds outside in the elements. 3 shot group. Sk std +. Shooting from prone position with bipod. Like I said, all these guns punch holes and are accurate. But running matches is entirely different. I will agree, the vudoo action is really smooth. Wish the Bergara was that nice.
3 shot groups is like leading 300 laps of a 500 lap race😉

3 shot groups is like leading 300 laps of a 500 lap race😉
Lol. Oh I know. I was messing. All I’m saying is that if I miss the target it’s on me. All these guns are accurate. That’s why in an earlier post I said I need to get better at running the matches. And make sure my dope is on. I’m not concerned about my equipment. If my dope is correct and I get better running matches and quicker target acquisition then I’ll feel better. But I struggled with eye relief and speed my first March. Still sort of new to all this. Its trial and error. I had to adjust the scope. So we shall see.

Lol. Oh I know. I was messing. All I’m saying is that if I miss the target it’s on me. All these guns are accurate. That’s why in an earlier post I said I need to get better at running the matches. And make sure my dope is on. I’m not concerned about my equipment. If my dope is correct and I get better running matches and quicker target acquisition then I’ll feel better. But I struggled with eye relief and speed my first March. Still sort of new to all this. Its trial and error. I had to adjust the scope. So we shall see.
I know you were messing around, I enjoy talking shit myself...I'm a much better shit talker than a shooter.
I'm new to this myself and have alot to learn!

There is no doubt PRS style matches are won by the shooter behind the gun more than the equipment. However you have to have a capable rifle and ammo for sure!

Being left handed, the Bergara was never an option for me even if they said that they "might" have them later this year. But I have noticed in all of the Bergara versus Vudoo discussions on all of the various rimfire sites no one has ever said "I'm selling my Vudoo so that I can buy a Bergara".

Reactions: Cowpokey
Being left handed, the Bergara was never an option for me even if they said that they "might" have them later this year. But I have noticed in all of the Bergara versus Vudoo discussions on all of the various rimfire sites no one has ever said "I'm selling my Vudoo so that I can buy a Bergara".
20210329_142158.jpg

Did someone say Southpaw!!! Just get a Rim-X😉

Reactions: Natureman
I don’t think anyone questions that a Vudoo is a better rifle than a Bergara. Therefore your statement is a bit rhetorical. Of course people
Will upgrade a rifle and in this case a Bergara to a Vudoo. Not many people get into a hobby only to downgrade their equipment. The question is that is that performance improvement worth it to you for the money spent. Right now for me, it’s a no. I am happy with my Bergara. It’s a great rifle for the money and great value rifle. However I am also not fooling myself that it’s the best. It’s plenty accurate but the clunky bolt annoys me. Coming from an AI where the action is so smooth and then moving to my Bergara where it feels like it’s impossible for me to run the bolt smooth. That’s my biggest frustration. Maybe one day I will get a Vudoo but right now it’s just not worth it to me.

Reactions: Boatninja
I don’t think anyone questions that a Vudoo is a better rifle than a Bergara. Therefore your statement is a bit rhetorical. Of course people
Will upgrade a rifle and in this case a Bergara to a Vudoo. Not many people get into a hobby only to downgrade their equipment. The question is that is that performance improvement worth it to you for the money spent. Right now for me, it’s a no. I am happy with my Bergara. It’s a great rifle for the money and great value rifle. However I am also not fooling myself that it’s the best. It’s plenty accurate but the clunky bolt annoys me. Coming from an AI where the action is so smooth and then moving to my Bergara where it feels like it’s impossible for me to run the bolt smooth. That’s my biggest frustration. Maybe one day I will get a Vudoo but right now it’s just not worth it to me.
I agree, the B14r isn't as refined as the Vudoo, however, in terms of accuracy, I don't see the Vudoo advantage over mine as of right now.
Maybe?...
I'm sure that they are nice, but the B14r does what it is supposed to do very well, that is print tiny groups at various distances while giving you the ability to train at a working man's price tag.

If or when I sell one or both of my Bergara's I'm prone to purchase a Rim-X, I believe for my application it is much more versatile. I am not a full on PRS style match guy but shoot more casual among friends type matches, with a more serious type match a couple of times a year. I know there are quite a few guys like me that do the same as stated and also may do a little hunting as well. I have a Steel barrel B14R rigged up for PRS style matches and Carbon B14R set up in a lighter stock etc for more recreational style shooting & hunting. Both are excellent rifles. I could only justify one Vudoo and wouldn't have the wider array of optional ways to enjoy my money and rimfire shooting.
Just thoughts about the Vudoo, Rim-X, B14R, discussion and not meant to criticize or bad mouth the other rifles, or ignite an argument.
With all that said I think my Bergara's are excellent rifles for pretty much any application.

The bergara is amazing at the $650 barreled action price.

Dropped mine in a bravo, worked flawlessly right away. Bolt is smooth as a tika. Tossed the trigger weight set screw until I put a Bix & Andy in.

I don't see myself ever buying a vudoo. I've shot a couple, and 1 rim-x. I couldn't feel a difference, nor could I shoot any difference.

I think the biggest thing with the Bergara is qc. Some are better than others. Vudoo will always be a #1, with miniscule variation between rifles.

I have beat guys using vudoos. They are using sk+, because they couldn't afford the rifle. I'm using sk lrm or center x because I had money left over after the rifle. Doesn't make sense to stretch the budget that far if you can't afford to feed it.

Reactions: Big Bo

Dropped mine in a bravo, worked flawlessly right away. Bolt is smooth as a tika. Tossed the trigger weight set screw until I put a Bix & Andy in.

I don't see myself ever buying a vudoo. I've shot a couple, and 1 rim-x. I couldn't feel a difference, nor could I shoot any difference.

I think the biggest thing with the Bergara is qc. Some are better than others. Vudoo will always be a #1, with miniscule variation between rifles.

I have beat guys using vudoos. They are using sk+, because they couldn't afford the rifle. I'm using sk lrm or center x because I had money left over after the rifle. Doesn't make sense to stretch the budget that far if you can't afford to feed it.
My B14r shoots most every kind of decent ammo well. That's a big statement for a 22lr in my humble opinion.
I mean I'll post some groups with bulk Fed Automatch below that quite honestly surprised me.
AutoMatch is not the best match ammo by any stretch of the imagination, not for me anyways, yet, it did well in the B14r.
Is the B14r bolt as smooth as my T1x, honestly... nope but I don't care, it's close enough not to matter.
Still, if I had extra cash would I pick up a Vudoo, probably so, however, I wouldn't sell the B14r I have now.

50yds/5 shot groups
Fed Automatch
20210420_000806.jpg

Reactions: Doctorwho1138

My Rimx with a Bartlein shoots sk standard plus better than any of the CenterX I have tested. There is zero point in flushing money for worse groups and status. If I like the centerx logo that much and the status that comes with it, I will go get it tattooed on my arm.

I don't give a damn about status, and a lot of the time I don't give a damn about money. I'm going to shoot what shoots the best. All 3 lots of sk standard plus I have tested have been exceptional and the 2 lots of CenterX I have shot have thrown severe fliers at anything over 100 yards. I guess I could put some Standard+ in CenterX boxes so I could be one of the cool kids.

My Rimx with a Bartlein shoots sk standard plus better than any of the CenterX I have tested. There is zero point in flushing money for worse groups and status. If I like the centerx logo that much and the status that comes with it, I will go get it tattooed on my arm.

I don't give a damn about status, and a lot of the time I don't give a damn about money. I'm going to shoot what shoots the best. All 3 lots of sk standard plus I have tested have been exceptional and the 2 lots of CenterX I have shot have thrown severe fliers at anything over 100 yards. I guess I could put some Standard+ in CenterX boxes so I could be one of the cool kids.
DITTO!!!

The sk+ we have was tossing flyers. My buddy with the rim-x went 4/10 at a 4" plate at 160, the bergara I was 9/10 with lrm, but 3/10 with sk+.

The better ammo is better, but you will find magic lots of the cheap stuff. I had 1 lot of mini-mags that were sub-moa, next lot was 3 moa. Doesn't mean I'll ever find another good lot.

I practice with sk+, but I'm not showing up to a match with it after my results past 100 yards. My match results have shown me the better ammo keeps me at the top of the board.

Reactions: nakoa01
The sk+ we have was tossing flyers. My buddy with the rim-x went 4/10 at a 4" plate at 160, the bergara I was 9/10 with lrm, but 3/10 with sk+.

The better ammo is better, but you will find magic lots of the cheap stuff. I had 1 lot of mini-mags that were sub-moa, next lot was 3 moa. Doesn't mean I'll ever find another good lot.

I practice with sk+, but I'm not showing up to a match with it after my results past 100 yards. My match results have shown me the better ammo keeps me at the top of the board.
Yes, it's all about what your rifle likes...
Some shoot everything reasonably well like my B14r seems to do, and some 22s only like one brand of ammo, for the most part.
I have had success with several lots of SK+, however, that may not be the case for everyone.