• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Berger 109 Hybrid Verified BC

I’m not super concerned w/ the 109s because I don’t even really like shooting 6mm...but I have a few 6mm barrels

I’m more worried it’s a manufacturing issue that will creep into the 144s I wanna start shooting full time once I wear out those 6s lol

Reactions: ed99
The 144s have seemed to be fine for me thus far, but I haven’t exhausted a full lot yet.

109s I made the mistake of mixing lots because that’s what I had always done with the 105s, and I’m positive that’s where the variation comes from.

We shot 2 different long range stages on different days at Pigg River. Same target array, temp, humidity, etc. First day I made a few random impacts and then nothing on follow-ups using the same hold, no splash, no trace, no anything. Second day I used the same dope and didn’t drop a shot.

Came home and tested the remaining ammo using my Kestrel info on a full size IPSC at 800. Spreads were single digits across 20 rounds and you’d have to see the target to believe the variation. It would bunch 3-4 on the water line, then 2-3 flyers at the bottom of the target, then back to the water line.

That was all I needed to see... burned up the rest of them practicing and went back to 105s. I’m not sure if it was just a bad batch or what, but we had more than a few guys up here switch back because of similar issues.

Reactions: morganlamprecht
Right on, i only bought 500 to mess with for now but I’ll keep an eye out moving forward

I’ve shot tons of other Berger’s in 223, 6, 6.5, 308 and 7, and I don’t think I’ve ever had to move the BC more than .005 either direction...I’ve for sure never had to bump it as high off the box as I did on these, which surprised me...if my next lot matches the box tho...292 to 320 ain’t no bueno IMO...the 130s and 140s I’ve shot the most of I think I’ve been running a .287 and .308-310 for the last 3-4 yrs

I was ready to give up on the 109 after my first box of 500. I was getting inconsistent results. My first lot number was PT0181. I had heard other people having trouble with them. Well i wasn't having much luck with the 108 ELD. I gave the 109 another try bought a box of 100 lot# P02190. After shooting them I was able to grab 2 more 100ct. boxes same lot. Been like night and day difference.

6mm Creedmore
26" Hawk hill 1:7
39.7 gn H4350
cci #450
lapua srp
berger 109 -.050
3000 fps, sd 4 es 9, trued BC to .312 out to 1200yards

Reactions: Darkside-Six
this is a super long shot, but I'm kind of desperate. lot number PR0131. does anybody have any verified BC G7 for this lot. I know lots of considerations but something that will get me close. I'm running 6 CM. thank you!!!!!

very much appreciated sir. I'm trying to get to a range to grab some dope but my current situation is 100 yd zero and practice at 400 yards at steel.

Reactions: Darkside-Six