• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bergers are the truth

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Used them once before years ago in my 6.5 and loved them but didn’t want to pay for them…
    Went to Sierra and had good luck but recently ordered 1000 109 hybrids for my 6gt and dang they are worth it.
    Just took 4 loads to the range at 2.6” 33.6, 33.8, 34 & 34.2gr of varget.

Not sure why the first shot in this group went a tad high but velocity with 33.8 in a 20” is 2837.

5 shots at 100 from my Remington with a criterion prefit.

I’ll take it!
    IMG_7117.jpeg

It's funny you posted this today as today I was just shooting some bergers. I am cheap (all me friends know it).

I just starting loading 6BR and of course everyone raves about bergers.

so I bought some, but because I am cheap, I also bought some hornady match. Both same weight and type. Going to do a bunch of 5 shot groups to see if they are really worth the extra $ or not.......

Reactions: prieto9000
    It's funny you posted this today as today I was just shooting some bergers. I am cheap (all me friends know it).

I just starting loading 6BR and of course everyone raves about bergers.

so I bought some, but because I am cheap, I also bought some hornady match. Both same weight and type. Going to do a bunch of 5 shot groups to see if they are really worth the extra $ or not.......
    Report back on results

Every time I have compared Bergers with SMKs, the Bergers outshine and outperform the SMKs.

Reactions: Rebelirons
    Report back on results
    I have been logging all of it. So far I have shot 60 rds of the hornady and just loaded the last 40 this afternoon and shot 60 rounds of the bergers and just loaded 40 of those. Technically I loaded a little more than 40 of the bergers but for the comparison I set 40 aside.

So I plan on shooting them tomorrow and adding all of the data up.

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
    This. I have been shooting eld’s and just can’t seem to buy Berger BUT I haven’t gotten groups in the .3’s either lol.

I saw Berger just got three new bullet machines up and running. If they can’t get the 109’s pretty regular I might switch.

Reactions: simonp
    but was the difference enough to merit the cost???

That’s a tough call as it’s an individual decision. I’m trying to buy Bergers in 500 or 1,000 piece boxes to maximize value.

At the end of the day for me as much as I wish Bergers were cheaper & easier to find I find the price of them to be worth it over Sierras. I’ll load & use sierras if I’m just shooting steel.

Reactions: tinker
    This. I have been shooting eld’s and just can’t seem to buy Berger BUT I haven’t gotten groups in the .3’s either lol.

I saw Berger just got three new bullet machines up and running. If they can’t get the 109’s pretty regular I might switch.
    That is a .3 group with the high shot.
    .168 without it.

Why have a top of the line hot rod rifle and feed it garbage 87 octane fuel?
    Because some of us drive our Lamborghini to work not for play.

If someone only needs to bang 3 moa targets why spend the money on 1/2 moa fuel when 1 moa is more than adequate???

You're analogy is like saying if you had a mustang you would only put nitro methane in it.

Very true. I just run 295-50 BFG's and plenty happy. also fun to romp on it and have em brake loose at 30mph :)
    Ok sometimes you do need R-comps for the street 😂 but that better be a fair weather car.

Used them once before years ago in my 6.5 and loved them but didn’t want to pay for them…
    Went to Sierra and had good luck but recently ordered 1000 109 hybrids for my 6gt and dang they are worth it.
    Just took 4 loads to the range at 2.6” 33.6, 33.8, 34 & 34.2gr of varget.

Not sure why the first shot in this group went a tad high but velocity with 33.8 in a 20” is 2837.

5 shots at 100 from my Remington with a criterion prefit.

I’ll take it!
    View attachment 8425489
    all the bergers I load have shot well. My AR10 with criterion barrel loves the 130 AR hybrids, the D5 pro loves the 140's and heavier 6.5 bullets, my AR white oak barrel shot a 20 round rapid fire group of .7 at 200 yards, and my 6mm arc shoots the 105's sub MOA all day out of my Odin barrel. If I find them in stock at the shelf I use that 10% off military discount from bass pro and pick up as many as I can. Oddly enough though my barrels also love sierras and hornady bullets too but out at distance I find I have way better luck with bergers vs the other brands.

Reactions: simonp and kthomas
    I shoot berger hybrid in every single last rifle I own and have never one time had to “try a different bullet” in a gun. They all shoot amazing. 20-40’ jump and it’s magic

I became a believer after my first box. I'll typically check a few bullets in a batch for BTO and weight. Sierras are pretty good but Bergers are typically within .002" BTO and .3grs in weight from one another. Nothing has come close. The worst I've seen in is Hornady 30cal 200gr ELD-X's. .020" variation in BTO an 3-5grs in weight. Garbage.

Reactions: simonp

Keep an eye on the Powder in-Stock thread. I often add notifications about popular Berger bullets.

Like this...

500/ea 109 LRHT