• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Best 10 shot group at 520 I'll ever get

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
6.5 creedmor. 140 vld. 42.4 h4350. 2.140 to ogive. Ga Precision Crusaser

.95" center to center at 520. I was in disbelief. Got to admit.... Really no wind to speak of

2D84FE6C-04D3-472E-AE6F-EDAB9C6DB732-928-00000066F3E31A9B_zps456dad32.jpg

Just as I think I made up my mind and was gonna go .284, I think Im leaning back towards the 6.5cm. Thats some damn fine shooting. Now, dont post and groups like that with a .284 and Ill be all set. One more thing, wheres the picture of the rifle and the range? Thats a nice looking finger in all.....

What can stretch the range out to, 400 yards? Thats a nice range, from where youre hunting from, looks like you could shoot into the distant swamp and get 1000. Is that a RWS break

I beleive it's a thruster brake. That particular rifle was a custom.300 win mag. Believe it or not the field from where I'm sitting is 600 yards long. The distant treeline is about 1 .3 miles. It's a minnow farm so on Sundays when my buddy (owner) isn't working we shoot to 1,000 across the ponds. Only bad thing is there is no trees.... It's wide open thus the wind is usually pretty bad. However this has really made me a better shooter in f class where wind reading wins matches

Did you ever try 140 amaxs at that distance? How did your rifle like those compared to the bergers? Nice group btw

Did you ever try 140 amaxs at that distance? How did your rifle like those compared to the bergers? Nice group btw

I got around 20 boxes of the 140 amaxs. THEY SHOOT. 2820 fps out of my rifle. I let my buddy whack a cull buck at a little over 200 yards and it did the job nicely. My shooting buddy has the same rifle and he was at 43 moa to get to 1200 with a 100 zero with them.(amax) Had a 4 1/2 inch group at 800 yards. Reason I shoot the Bergers is F class and that extra bit of bc helps. But to directly answer your ? No, they do not shoot as good as the Bergers but then again this is the most accurate load I've ever seen much less developed. The factory stuff beats any match factory ammo hands down. I am constantly amazed at its lr performance.

Thanks for the reply aimsmall. I've got some amaxs for now but will try the bergers down the road. I've only shot factory through my current rifle for now and about to take up reloading again. I've had great results with the factory ammo as well. I was thinking it was going to hard to beat the factory stuff. Hope my rig takes to the bergers as well as yours!

Awesome shooting. I have a GAP Crusader 260 rem and was wondering if my loads are too hot 44gr h4350. 139 scenar. Lapua and rem brass loaded 2.830. This seems to be a max load with no pressure signs. Will this be worse for my rifle in the long run vs a milder load. This load is extremely accurate and hoping to stick with it if no negatives of a hot load exist.

Awesome shooting. I have a GAP Crusader 260 rem and was wondering if my loads are too hot 44gr h4350. 139 scenar. Lapua and rem brass loaded 2.830. This seems to be a max load with no pressure signs. Will this be worse for my rifle in the long run vs a milder load. This load is extremely accurate and hoping to stick with it if no negatives of a hot load exist.

Short answer. All your gonna do is burn your barrel out quicker. Possibly get a few less reloads per piece of brass. But if its shooting go for it. Ismh, that you are at your hi node. Depending on the distance you want to shoot I would probably back it down just to save barrel life. Just my opinion. The ballistics of the .260 and 6.5 creed are very similar. What's your speed? Gotta be zinging em!!

Thanks aimsmall! Thats exactly the information I was looking for. Based on the cost of my Crusader, I would like the barrel life to be as good as possible. My chrono is broke, thats why I'm concerned about this load. I'll probably back off to [email protected]". I will order a new chrono and test this load and find out the speed/vel., and see what you think! This load was 7mils at approx 950yds. Horizontal spread was no more than 2". My wind calls were not as good. Thanks! I will keep you posted. (I'm going to save barrel life and increase my brass life w/lighter loads)

Thanks aimsmall! Thats exactly the information I was looking for. Based on the cost of my Crusader, I would like the barrel life to be as good as possible. My chrono is broke, thats why I'm concerned about this load. I'll probably back off to [email protected]". I will order a new chrono and test this load and find out the speed/vel., and see what you think! This load was 7mils at approx 950yds. Horizontal spread was no more than 2". My wind calls were not as good. Thanks! I will keep you posted. (I'm going to save barrel life and increase my brass life w/lighter loads)

No problem happy to help

6.5 creedmor. 140 vld. 42.4 h4350. 2.140 to ogive. Ga Precision Crusaser

.95" center to center at 520. I was in disbelief. Got to admit.... Really no wind to speak of

2D84FE6C-04D3-472E-AE6F-EDAB9C6DB732-928-00000066F3E31A9B_zps456dad32.jpg

With my Hornady OAL comparator, I get 2.210 to ogive. Surprised by the disparity. What comparator are you using? Mine is a SAC barrel for my DTA rifle.

With my Hornady OAL comparator, I get 2.210 to ogive. Surprised by the disparity. What comparator are you using? Mine is a SAC barrel for my DTA rifle.

Hornady comparator. My throat is really short. Coal is 2.790 to 2.800"