• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 2-stage trigger for R700 clones?

Shrubjr

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2013
What is the best 2-stage field trigger for R700 clones in 2020?

Specifically for a Defiance Deviant??

I had a Calvin Elite on my last build and it was great, but I'm doin another build and would love some opinions.

This will be a field rifle, for hunting and kickin around, so I'm lookin for 2-2.5lbs ish total. 8oz competition triggers need not apply.

"best" is subjective ... but I've heard quite a few guys were very happy with the Bix n' Andy Dakota trigger

EDIT: Forgot you said two stage lol... not sure the Dakota comes in two stage. But you could check out the TacSport Pro 2 stage from them

Worth looking into

Last edited:
Reactions: Shrubjr
x2 for the Huber.

*Willing to try any two stage trigger if you're willing to send me one to try. I Prefer 1 + 1. Thanks. 🤠

You’ll definitely want something that’s not gonna give you problems in dirty environments.

I had high hopes of using the TUBB T7T but it didn't play nice with the trigger hanger on my Kelbly action and didn't want to modify either so sold it.
I was drawn to it for its ability to function in extreme environments based on the reviews and demonstration videos that David TUBB put out.
Might be worth consideration.

I have owned several T7T triggers and have yet been let down. Just watch out, the shape of the trigger may require some clearance work in some chassis. They have always fit in a Manners Mini Chassis and MPA BA chassis without modification but the KRG Bravo was a no go with how the chassis is designed.

in order of greatness
1. Tubb t7t
2. TT Diamond 2st
3. Geiselle S700
4. BnA tac sport

in order of greatness
1. Tubb t7t
2. TT Diamond 2st
3. Geiselle S700
4. BnA tac sport
Those are definitely great triggers. Which one works best in sandy or muddy environments?

There are so many great two stage triggers out there. I recently invested a lot of time researching a new trigger upgrade, and I have a few observations. TriggerTech gives military discounts for ex-military, and their Diamond Model is excellent from reading reviews. Bix n’ Andy may be the gold standard, but I have never tested one. Finally, I chose the Geissele Super 700 because of their quality, adjustability, and features, and the price was in my sweet spot.

My vote is strongly in favor of the Geissele super 700. I much prefer it to the TT two stage and I wasn’t at all a fan of the timney Calvin elite two stage.
I love the Geissele super 700. Completely agree about the Calvin elite 2 stage, it just sucks. I have a few Calvin elite single stage triggers that are great but they missed the mark on the 2 stage. I built several rifles with the standard Timney 2 stage (not Calvin elite) and found them to work very well when tuned right.

Huge fan of the Geissele. If reliability is of concern, thats the route I would go (and did)

I removed a Calvin Elite 2 Stage to run a BnA Tac Sport Pro (med sear) on a GAP Templar V2 (Deviant Action) and its quite the difference. Not sure how well it holds up in mud but there was a review from Jim Fischer on the main page of the site... may want to check that out if it's still there.

Another vote for the Geissele.

Dropped one in a Barrett Fieldcraft. It's everything I want- everything functions, drop safe, and that candy-cane like Geissele feel. I left it on factory settings, but both stages are adjustable.

I don't know why all triggers don't come with user adjustable sear engagement, like the BnA's do. It's a pretty huge plus, optimizing the interface between the action and trigger can make a big difference in how an action "feels" (which is everyone's #1 criteria in an action :rolleyes:). If the adjustments don't do it, they have replaceable top sears that you can change out.

I'm a bit baffled as to why TT didn't include that feature in their new 2 stage, I think that's a big oversight on their part.

I'm a really big fan of the BnA tacsport. Besides being able to adjust the sear yourself, you can adjust pretty much everything else as well. Stage weights, stage take-ups, you have a plethora of trigger shoes available. It's a trigger you can really dial in for YOU, which I think is important as it's the main interface between you and your precision instrument, the rifle.

My friend sent me a TT 2 stage to play with, I'm excited to check it out. As I said earlier, I really wish they had more adjustments, such as sear engagement. I'm also not a fan of wide trigger blades, but regardless I'm interested in playing with it.

I have owned several T7T triggers and have yet been let down. Just watch out, the shape of the trigger may require some clearance work in some chassis. They have always fit in a Manners Mini Chassis and MPA BA chassis without modification but the KRG Bravo was a no go with how the chassis is designed.
I know this a older thread but I just wanted to confirm you haven’t had to modify your Manners mini chassis to use the Tubb T7T? I’ve been considering trying one.

TT Diamonds are built like tanks. Everything we set up we think of hunting first and everything else second. We run our triggers at 7oz all year then turn them up to 1.5# for me and 2# for dad for hunting season. I've had expensive Jewell triggers fail with elk in my scope because it had a little dust inside it. I've heard from people (locals) that they have had trouble with Bix n Andy when they got filled with dust. One guy's name is Andy and he literally bought that trigger because it has his name on it. He no longer uses it for hunting rifles, only target guns.

Those are definitely great triggers. Which one works best in sandy or muddy environments?

Just a SWAG here but I would think the Geissele will do pretty well in those environments simply because it’s a close copy of the S700 was used in the later versions on the MK13 program.

Last edited:
I wish there were more two-stage options for Tikka rifles.

I know Tikka makes a nice trigger, but I would love to have one of the above-mentioned two-stage triggers in my Tikka -- I would probably get the Bix'n Andy Tac Pro Sport if it were available for Tikkas.

I currently have the Timney 2-stage in my Tikka, but don't much care for it. I will likely just go back to the Tikka trigger.

I have heard both Bix'N Andy and TT are working on Tikka triggers, but it will likely be quite a while -- If ever.

I wish there were more two-stage options for Tikka rifles.

I know Tikka makes a nice trigger, but I would love to have one of the above-mentioned two-stage triggers in my Tikka -- I would probably get the Bix'n Andy Tac Pro Sport if it were available for Tikkas.

I currently have the Timney 2-stage in my Tikka, but don't much care for it. I will likely just go back to the Tikka trigger.

I have heard both Bix'N Andy and TT are working on Tikka triggers, but it will likely be quite a while -- If ever.

Reactions: Triggerf16
I am sending my Huber to him to tune down to 8oz/8oz :) then @Krob95 will get first dibs on my TT Gold Diamond 2-Stage.
What's the difference between the gold and my green?

I was going to send my Huber back as well but it was sold with the action and I like the adjustability on the fly of the TT Diamond 2-Stage. Would really like to try a Huber that low. That's about where I have the Diamond set. 10-12 1st stage and about 4 on the 2nd.

What's the difference between the gold and my green?

I was going to send my Huber back as well but it was sold with the action and I like the adjustability on the fly of the TT Diamond 2-Stage. Would really like to try a Huber that low. That's about where I have the Diamond set. 10-12 1st stage and about 4 on the 2nd.
Mine is at 8-10 and 6oz. The TT I don't like how short the first stage is. I wish the first stage had more travel.

No difference except bling factor. Special edition BF model.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I adjusted the Geissele on my 300WM to be nearly identical in 1st and 2nd stage weights as my AI AXSA. Face of the trigger itself is a little different but they both break exceptionally cleanly. I have an order in with Geissele for a second, since I sent this one to Mike at TacOps to install in my Lima51.
Geissele says more are on the way:
AVAILABILITYMore on the way, reserve yours now!
We only charge when it ships!
SHIPPING ETA & LEAD TIMES
3 - 4 weeks

Reactions: GhostFace